• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Paradise of Walker's Island

Started by urban, February 09, 2007, 06:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Looking for home in Silvers Creek.
Prefer near public golf course. although
lake access also desireable.

G'bless the middle class- they generally know what they're doing.

Nice pics.  I've always wondered, though, does the term "Antilles" have some significance?  I've seen other island chains with that as part of their name, but can't remember where.

Great work.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Silvers Creek is look great! I'd live there in a heartbeat. Keep up the good work!

kwakelaar

Another very tropical looking update, nice!

urban

@sc4portugal: Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I use a Puerto Rico Map. I was looking for an Island map, and this one was the best I found.
@bat: I'm glad, that you like it :)
@Zaphod: Thanks for visting, Florida is tropical too, so I take it as an compliment...
@dedgren: I think about making a kind of real estate Update ;), and yes there are the Greater Antilles, the Lesser Antilles, and the Netherlands Antilles.
@thundercrack83: Thanks, I'll try to keep up the good work. I began many things and I want them to be finished before I'll show them. You can look forward to the jungle, the Capital, and the Laguna Isabella (artifical Islands), and a lot more
@kwakelaar: Thanks, hope to see you next Update :)

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

nova vesfalo

it's just stuning, we are in the tropics !!! I really love your work !

M4346

I can't believe I haven't commented here before, as I've viewed it so many times before...  ??? Maybe I meant to and never got to it... but I have at last been reminded, and maybe even persuaded, by your comment in Nova Vesfalo to come over here and get things done! :P

I love the general feel of this MD - very laid back, tropical, almost Carribean.  :thumbsup: It surely looks like a nice place to go to for a holiday, and an even better place to stay!  :D Maybe offer some kind of retirement resort? :P

As for the SCJU that you mentioned over at Nova Vesfalo, I will be looking forward to your application there. I trust that you got the information over there, but if you have any more questions feel free to direct them to me!  ;D

Have a nice day!

- Marius
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jeronij

I like the tropical look  :thumbsup:

Nice and relaxing pictures so far  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

petercintn

I agree, very nice!  The lake in Slivers Creek (nice name!) is a great place to build around.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

sebes

OK, I packed my bags and am ready to move to the Durewam Antilles today. You created an awesome place here  &dance
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

urban

@nova vesfalo: Thanks a lot :)
@M:I can't believe you haven't commented here before too! $%Grinno$% Glad, that you came over, and thanks for enjoying my MD...
@jeronij, petercintn, sebes: Thanks for droppping by :)

Due to the fact, that the Silvers Creek-Update  is so well-liked, I'll show you the missing pieces of the Updates "Director's Cut"...

Enjoy a weekend in the Racoon-Lodge. Setted on the hills near Silvers Creek you have an breathtaking view towards the mountains and the jungle...

Houses on the bank of the Silvers Lake...

Walker's Island

M4346

Looking good!  :thumbsup:

I love the lodge and the forest! Beautifully done!  ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Naryanna

Lovely work!  :thumbsup:
I like the way you use flora and plobales like rocks and such. Wonderful!  &apls

Zaphod

I love the flora your using to put together your forests
War Kittens !?

cameron1991

Great update and the tropical pictures look awsome!  &apls &apls &apls

bat

Wonderful update! Your tropical style looks fantastic! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

This "Director's Cut" was great! I'm glad we got to see more of Silvers Creek. I think the houses on the banks of the lake are my favorite. Keep up the good work!

nova vesfalo

wonderful updates !! your fields match so nicely the tropical athmosher ( always mispeling this word sorry :P) ! And the little house on the seaside are so lovely !!

great job !

rooker1

Love the flag.  The island in the second update looks very realistic in shape and size.  As for the rest it great as well.  I'll be watchin for more. :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

urban

thanks to everyone! I'll reply to personally you within the next update :)

Walker's Island

NikNik

Great flag, looks a bit like this one:

Which is the official flag of the Dutch Antilles.

To Answer Dedgren's question:
The five islands of the Netherlands Antilles (Curacao Bonaire Saba St. Eustatius and a part of St. Maarten) are part of the Netherlands realm with a degree of autonomy. Aruba which had been a part of the Netherlands Antilles was granted in January 1986 a separate status within the kingdom on par with but apart from the Netherlands Antilles

What are the Antiles:
The Antilles (the same in French; Antillas in Spanish; Antillen in Dutch) refers to the islands forming the greater part of the West Indies in the Caribbean Sea. The Antilles are divided into two major groups: the "Greater Antilles" to the north including the larger islands of Cuba, Jamaica, Hispaniola (Haiti and the Dominican Republic), and Puerto Rico; and the smaller "Lesser Antilles" on the southeast — comprising the northerly Leeward Islands, the southeasterly Windward Islands, and the Leeward Antilles just north of Venezuela. The Bahamas, though part of the West Indies, are generally not included among the Antillean islands.[1]

Geographically, the Antilles are generally considered part of North America. Cuba, the Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico – due to the prevalence of Spanish – are included in Latin America.
See also Wikipedia

Antillia (or Antilia) is a phantom island said to lie in the Atlantic Ocean far to the west of Spain. This mythical island had several other names such as Isle of Seven Cities, Ilha das Sete Cidades (Portuguese), Septe Cidades, Sanbrandan (or St Brendan), etc. Antillia was also identified with islands including the Isles of the Blest and the Fortunate Islands.
The origin of the name is quite uncertain. The oldest suggested etymology (1455) fancifully connects it with the name of the Platonic Atlantis, while later writers have endeavoured to derive it from the Latin anterior (i.e. the island that is reached "before" Cipango), or from the Jezirat al Tennyn, "Dragon's Isle," of the Arabian geographers.
Wiki again

The spanish called some islands in the caribean: Islas Inútiles - That is worthless islands because they could not find decent farmland on the islands and neither gold (which was the prime reason for them to be in this part of the world in the 15th and 16th Century)

Anyway, now back to the MD.

Well done. &apls

I love the beaches on the first pics.And of the latter pics I like that road bordered by the palm trees. ooking at that lake, I wouldn't want to live in one of those homes with a palm tree almost sticking over the balcony into my living room. LOL.

Have fun.

Nik-NIk