• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mallorca

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2008, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panthersimcity4

wow, I just love all of the intricate details!  ;D

Yoman

Great effort your putting into this Jeronij. Such detail! Though I did notice that your water texture is very transparent and as a result you can see the seabed, looks kind of nasty, might want to change that if you get the change. For all I know you did it to make it easier to build stuff in the area.

I really can't wait to see this military base and the main city on Mallorca!

Rayden

Quote from: jeronij on April 20, 2008, 06:43:25 AM
Badsim...I have to agree with you about the smallest things being the hardest to achieve  ;) .Also,  I want to specially thank you because of your mastery when it comes to create lots  :thumbsup: . You really opened my mind and made my cities creation "easier"  $%Grinno$%  &apls &apls

I couldn't agree more, and you're really following Badsim's mastering line, becoming one yourself. Beautifull detailing. Congrats &apls

figui

every time you post an update here, i need a lot of time enjoying it, and another lot of time looking for appropriate words to put in my comment. all your work is amazing and i can't imagine how many hours/days would take me to achieve half of that detail in such small areas..
thinking you make filler lots to use only once (there's no chance you use a lot with that shape in another place, i believe).. you crazy? (just kidding)

waiting to know more about Port de Soller..

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Berethor

Excellent work Jeronij,  I enjoy each update of Mallorca, very realistic and picturesque  :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

Jmouse

What a wonderful experience it is to watch the development of Mallorca unfold one step at a time. Truly it is a work of art.

Until next time...
Joan

ussagus

Excellent update Jeronij !!! &apls ...The Docks are astonishing, great work  :thumbsup:

Saludos

Xiziz

Sweet work here Jeronij! looks really great. This is the kind of pictures that really, really makes you wanna play sim city again, rather hard to find time while protecting the Swedish shores from, well whatever threats the Swedish shores have.

Cheers

ejc

whow!

this starting to look very good J!!

keep us updated and show what you are working on with your custom content!

nice!!!!

E

Badsim

Splendid ! These pictures are so attractive for me that I regularly come to see them again and again ... that's almost hypnotic .
It seems to me that I know your work since always ... and Mallorca will be your absolute masterpiece . No doubt . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

jeronij

Hello dear Mallorca visitors ¡¡¡

I am late, but I am  ;D , so I firstly present you my excuses for the long time between updates....  ::) ... and I hope you find this one interesting and nice  ;)

Before the update starts, I want to thanks all the members who dropped a post in this MD. All your comments are really encouraging and welcome  :thumbsup:

Alfred.jones, Adam, TTC, vester, paroch, bat, David, Pat, Matt, Dustin, panthersimcity4, Rayden, Berethor, Joan, ussagus, ejc, thanks for your kind words and feedback  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: ¡¡¡

Yoman, I am constantly playing with the terrain parameters and textures in this region, so you may expect to see some changes in the terrain and water textures from time to time... I hope you dont mind  ;)

figui, well, probably I am a bit crazy...  $%Grinno$% ... but I think every SC4 city is unique and not repeatable, so each and every one deserves as much care as you can give it  ;D  :D  :D

xiziz, best luck in your military service.... unfortunately Port de Soller is quite far from the Swedish seas... you are missing something really nice  ;D

badsim, thanks for such pleasant comments from a master  :thumbsup:

... and with no further delay, lets go with the pictures  ;) ¡¡¡

Port de Soller - The Military Base - Part 1 - The Commander's Villa

Lets remember where we are... its been a while since the last update.... :-[ ... we are continuing to build the military area in Port de Soller... not much done so far...  $%Grinno$%

The most remarcable thing in this first picture is the great effect acomplished with Ennedi's custom waves mod, wich really gives a more realistic effect. Thanks Adam for such a (small and big at the same time )mod  :thumbsup:

In that corner was placed the Commander's Villa... I was not really satisfied with the model so far for two reasons.... the roof, which didnt look right, but I got better results in later projects  ;D , and the overall scale, which was a bit too small  ::) ... I tried to solve the last problem with more or less good results... see some pictures below....  ;)

A close-up, so you can see the details, and how out of scale the building is  &mmm

Port de Soller - The Military Base - Part 1 - The Hangars and Control Point

Here you can see a lateral view on the building, and also another custom lot I created for the entrance/Control Point

I added another custom lot. This time a repair hangar... later on I changed and completed it with some more details.... sometimes it is easy to miss some props here and there...  ::)

Another perspective....

And a close-up on the Control Point.... I have to admit that there is not much room for the vehicles there....  ::)

Port de Soller - The Military Base - Part 1 - Some Random views...

Time to relax and take some pictures.....

One of those typical front images.... slowly slowly the urban area is taking shape....

Some Nightlights at work...

This one is specially dedicated to David... I'd swear I can see him sitting on that restaurant in the train station....  ;D

Port de Soller - The Military Base - Part 1 - The Ammo Silos

Before continuing I decided to re-scale the Villa Model in the MAX, and this is the new scale.... it fits much better with the overall area.. imo of course  :P ¡¡¡

And now time for some more experimenting with custom lots's tresholds, retaining walls and foundations... first some walls demolition was needed

... and once we have some room, time to place anothe custom lot, this time with some custom BATs as well.... the idea is to simulate some ammunition silos build inside the mountain.... I hope you like the result....  ;D

In this picture you can (hopefully) better see how the silos are excavated on the mountain

And a last look on the area. I specially like this picture because it starts to have lots and lots of details, and you must carefully look at it to see them all  ;)

I hope you like the update. I really liked making it  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

JoeST

Simply put:

BRILLIANT!

your attention to detail is seldom met, that is shaping up to be an amazing MD

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

threestooges

You are right about that last picture having lots of detail. When the entire area is finished it will be spectacular (it's close right now though). The villa does look better in its new form and fits in well. As far as the entry point goes... I think you wouldn't want to give them much room to go through (you want them to slow down/stop). The ammo silos look like they turned out well too. My only suggestion for them (and it would be a minor one) would be to change the texture on the top a bit so that the part up against the walll is a bit darker/weathered (to simulate all of the dirt that washes down the wall). Aside from that, great idea and great execution.
-Matt

thundercrack83

Another astonishing update, my friend!

I do agree that the taller villa looks better, it gives the building more of a presence that you'd think a commander's villa should have. Just another example of how much you pay attention to detail and how it has a fantastic outcome!

Can't wait to see more!

Dustin

rooker1

Absolutely stunning update.
Since youare paying attention to every little detail, I have an idea.
Your silo in the mountain side.  What if you took the yellow fence prop and raised it (in LE) high enough to appear as if it is at the road level.  Move the road one square to the left and make the upper part three squares flat and than the down hill part.  Make sense?
Other wise, I'm loving it.  &apls It's always nice to see some new work from you.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Beautiful work on that update! Also wonderful new pictures of that superb area!!

Looking forward to more...

kimcar

&apls &apls Great work jeronij . I like the details that you put on , and great seawalls set too. Nice silo that you have done  , they will practical beside a montain . Keep it up :thumbsup:

richiedamien

I have been checking this project since the beginning on ST.

Great region jeronij, and the pics from Port de Soller...excelent!!

:thumbsup:

i have one question for you...

since the beginning i was never able to build rural diagonal roads, whenever i try they became normal roads, can you explain me how to do that!?!

Many thanks and keep going with all your excelent projects, you have gave a lot to all the people who love SC4D.

&apls

Yoman

Your silos look excellent there, though I would hate to be driving on that road on top of them, no fence to stop you from driving off :P Oh well, games fault. The control point is very nice also, there isn't much room for vehicles to pass, so they have to slow down to be checked, think of it that way :P

As always looking forward to more  :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Wonderful update, jeroni! And as many who have gone before me have said, the detail work is amazing.

As I look at the overview (right before the night shots) I see so much more on that hillside that I'd have ever thought possible. The military base was worth waiting for as well, but to be sure, I'd never have guessed there would be room for it!

Truly, many will marvel, but few will achieve!

Joan