• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mallorca

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2008, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Great update, my friend. As always.  :thumbsup:

warconstruct

splendid update  &apls with all these batches exceptional that you created, I congratulate you for your marvellous works! 

I like much the sea front with this batches which goes charmed in your city !
The station on the edge of the quay is very an good idea as you could say it, the traveller can will drink something while having a very beautiful sight of bay and port  :)

I like the texture which you employed for water as well as the ground, I find that it go very well with the style of city that you created .

The last image with the development of zone (growable) is it also splendid !
it will undoubtedly be one of more than in your next update , that I am impatient to see  ;)

Paul
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

jeronij

Hello again, I am glad you like the waterfront so far  :thumbsup:

usagus, the water looks like this in this part of Mallorca, or I'd better say this is the closest water mod I found  ;)

For those of you interested in the overall development, here is a panoramic view....

and for those specifically interested in the climbing town to the rigth, this is a close up  :P

I am making some experiments building on slopes, and I hope you will like the final result  ;D

Again thanks to all for the feedback  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

RippleJet

You do excel at designing the layout when it comes to building on slopes! &apls

metasmurf

The waterfront looks awesome  :thumbsup:

cameron1991

The waterfront looks really good! And I also really like the houses on the hill, they look great!
Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:

wouanagaine

Very interesting experiment

I would never have zone in such a place myself, fearing the simulator choose a building that will lower the terran too much, but seeing the overview it was definitly worth the try

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Pat

I will be looking forward to see the houses grow on that cliff...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Development in those zones will be an amazing thing to watch. I certainly count myself among those who wish to learn more about all aspects of dealing with slopes.

Until next time...
Joan

callbat

What a beautiful Spanish town. Ive visited Spain although I've never visited Mallorca.
I love Spain and I love your MD  :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Well, while I don't personally like the terrain mod (it's just not my taste, still excellent work though), you've made it look great, it fits in with what you've intended... The question is, though, is the beach really that colour? I always thought it'd be something... a bit more sandy and white?

Excellent work on the harbour. Any chance of releasing those dock lots any time soon? :P

I like the huge amount of custom lots you've made, this probably is the first recreation of a country I've ever seen with entirely custom lots.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

thundercrack83

Building on the slopes look as incredible as ever, my friend! I can't wait to see the area with the buildings!

Dustin

dedgren

Jeroni- hey, reading Mallorca is like going on holiday.  I envy your apparent familiarity with the RL place- it really shows here.

Here's an alternative to this canal outflow.

At present

Alternative

As you can see, it's made up from a number of off-the-shelf parts you are certainly likely to be familiar with.  I ran your stone retaining walls through the Lot Editor and moved some things around on your culvert-water drop lot, and there you have it.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sEAhAwk fAn121

Jeronij, your town is looking amazing! I love the way the buildings cascade down the slopes to the water, amazing!  &apls

bat

Fantastic panorama picture of that area, jeronij!
Looking forward to the final result of your building on slopes experiments...

Ennedi

Hola Jeronij,

The general view of your harbour is excellent!  :thumbsup:
I'm very curious how will it look when more buildings will grow, especially on these slopes  ;D

I have something for you  ;)
Water areas in your harbour are relatively small, so I prepared for you smaller water ripples  :D. Try them, maybe they will look good?

Edit: if you want to make them smaller/bigger/more straight/more curvy, tell me please
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

jeronij

thanks David for the suggestion ( too much space used however...  ::) ) and Adam, thanks for this cute mod  :thumbsup: , I'll test it asap and I'll show the results  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jeronij

Hello dear Mallorca visitors  :thumbsup:

In the meantime, another long update which I hope you find at least interesting ...  ::)  ;)

It is time to start showing what some of you have been requesting right from the beginnig... lets start to build on slopes ¡¡¡¡

The Port de Soller area is rich in sloped areas, so it is not difficult to find the first serious one...

UPDATE 6 - SECTION 1   - Presentation

First let me introduce you the area where we are going to work.

It took me a while to get the desired transit network layout. Really a while  ::)

There seems to be not much room there....

But this is the basis where we will start to expand the town...

UPDATE 6 - SECTION 2   - Fixing the Parking

As we carefully start to expand the town, some terrain tiles may suffer some unwanted deformations. I would swear this is due to the lack of foundation in such lots....The fact is that as we placed houses on the bottom line, the parking had to be replaced.

Since this was an slope conforming lot (obviously), it was a matter of fixing the terrain.... a well placed road tile ...

This fixed the terrain

And it was a simple matter of placing the parking again  ;D

UPDATE 6 - SECTION 3   - Building on Slopes

As we climb the hill, we need more terrain, all the availabe terrain in fact.... so I thought, a well place strecht of road woul give me some more space here....

But unfortunately some of the lots were slope conforming, and the result was far from what we expected. The circles show the results which are ok

So after a Reader's session, where I changed all the lots placement properties in my MBEAR houses lots, I decided to try again. I forgot to mention that you should never save your cities after a failed test where the terrain has suffered changes like this case...

Again a short road.... crossing fingers here....

And this time worked as expected ¡¡¡. The lots do look properly now, thanks to the custom retaining walls, and we have a whole new set of tiles where we can zone  ;D

Some additional trees here and there, and this is the final result....

those are some really high walls, but I like them more than the cliffs, and they allow maximal use of the available terrain....

I hope you like this new phase in Port de Soller, this is just the start.... this hill will be full of life in one or two updates  ;D

And I dont forget your pleasant comments and suggestions, so a BIG THANKS to all for your kind support  :thumbsup:

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Alfred.Jones

That is fantastic Jeronij! That wall behind the houses looks much better than the slope. Did you get those 1x1 residentials from MBEAR's mediterean lots? I can never get 1x1 to grow. Amazing as always!

Sim City 4 Devotion

thundercrack83

Extraordinary work here, jeronij!

The slopes look absolutely breathtaking, and the way you've developed them is striking as well. I love the way you solved the problem with the buildings on the slope, too. Those retaining walls look perfect there!

Can't wait to see more, my friend!

Dustin