• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mallorca

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2008, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quesh

Muy bien  ;)
Very beatutiful pictures  :thumbsup:

Jmouse

There is good, better and best -- after that comes the work of a master. Thank you for sharing this beautiful scene.

Until next time...
Joan

BigSlark

Jeroni,

Your work amazes me. I looked at the detail of the harbor and train station and attempted to identify all the custom content that you've created for that particular area, the total I came up with astounds me.

Keep up the excellent work and I look forward to seeing what you share with us next.

Cheers,
Kevin

mightygoose

fantastic new wall pieces...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

thundercrack83

Well, the harbor's certainly taking shape beautifully, my friend! Excellent work!

Dustin

figui

looking really good!
that overview is great and i can imagine how difficult is to develop such sloped terrain (you certainly will do very good :thumbsup:)

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Pat

Love that teaser there Jeroni  &apls :thumbsup:  I can't wait to see more here!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

warconstruct

splendid general sight, impatient to see that more closely !!
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

Earth quake

Very nice harbour, It's very beautiful. &apls

Alfred.Jones

I've missed three updates!!?? &mmm Damn school :'(

Anyway. I am loving the new seawalls!!! I didn't think it was possible to improve the old ones $%Grinno$%

Also, love how the 'cove' is coming together nicely and i'm looking forward to more development on the other waterfront ()stsfd()

Regards,

AJ ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

jeronij

Hello dear Mallorca visitors  :thumbsup:

Once again I want to thank all your nice feedback and comments  ;) .

Some quick replies before I start to post the pictures...

Quote from: threestooges on March 06, 2008, 02:15:38 PM
It looks great now, and from what I can see it will become an amazing harbor. Don't worry about the pic size; it was worth scrolling. There is only one thing I might suggest (and it's not even that big of a thing): in the second pic you posted last update (the one with the boat ramp) you have a visual entrance to the parking lot, but not to where the boat trailers are (there is a fence between the two). Unless they drove over the curb, I'm not sure how they would get in there. Aside from that suggestion, everything looks amazing and I hope to see more when you get the chance.
-Matt

Well, certainly they'll have to find a way...  ::) ... let me see how Mayor jeronij solves the situation....  :D

Quote from: BigSlark on March 06, 2008, 03:07:29 PM
Jeroni,

Your work amazes me. I looked at the detail of the harbor and train station and attempted to identify all the custom content that you've created for that particular area, the total I came up with astounds me.

Keep up the excellent work and I look forward to seeing what you share with us next.

Cheers,
Kevin

Certainly there is much custom content there...  ;D ... in this update I will present most of it   ;)

This week I have some free time  (finally ¡¡¡) so I will post a large and worrying update, where you will see how ungrateful is the life of a SC4 city builder....  :D :D

I will divide this update in some sections, for easier understanding  ;D

Section 1 - The beach walkway

This first section will show the custom beach walkway I created for Port de Soller (it is fictional, but I though it would fit nicely, and was the only way I found to make the retaining walls work the way I wanted.

First an overall view on the primitive situation... not very promising yet....

The first attempt to a canal to sea connection... not really convincing... $%Grinno$%

And this is the walkway I created for the beach. The idea was to use the retaining walls to complete the lots...

... and it works...  ;D

but I couldnt stop there...  ::) ... and I decided to create working lights for them...

The Maxis light globes did work fine for the final nightlighs modding  ;)

Section 2 - The station

Once the beach walkway was placed, it was time to proceed with the next section. The train station (light rail in RL) and the surrounding docks....

As usual, first thing was to terraform the terrain... a tedious and dangerous task, which is well worth it ¡¡¡

I also placed the recetly rendered (and which will not be released due to some graphich glitches which I will not have the time to solve  ::) ) canals, and the start/end pieces...

I created the canal-sea connection again... the TPW does not really fit with the "real" water, but this is one of the game's (or the modders) limitations....  ;D

A very dissapointing result so far.... really, there are so many hours involved in this area (specially modelling...).. and the result is very very poor.... ()sad()

Time to start improving it  ;D .... so I started modelling again... and the first results were bad again....  &mmm

But I am a patient man.... and finally something started to fit where it should fit...  ;D

Section 3 - The docks (thanks LE¡¡¡)

I want to specially thanks badsim for his tutorials about advanced lots making... really... it took a while in the LE, and specially to get the water and land tiles placed correctly and working, but finally thanks to three more lots, the docks "dramatically" changed....  ::)

Lets see it step by step:

The first test with the new seawalls, some testing is always necessary before you get the desired results  ;)

Now, lets start with the nude terraformed terrain....

First lot

Second lot

Third lot... and the area looks much better now... lets see the different points of view... left

front

right

and back

and finally some night pics... just to remember the time it takes to make the nightlights work... excellent nightlights in Mickebear's station  :thumbsup: ¡¡¡

A nice terrace to have a drink in a summer night.... (there is one like that in RL as well  ;) )

And finally, because I want you to be able to have a look to the short future, a preview on some more work to come.... this time more rewarding, because it was mostly playing the game  :D :D

I hope you like the progress so far... I will start the military base these holidays.

Thanks again to all for stopping here and post a comment. They are all really welcome  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Krio

Personally I can't stand that terrain mod, it looks "horrible".. but I can still watch this. The harbour looks fantastic, any plans to release those lots sometime?

QuotePersonally I can't stand that terrain mod, it looks "horrible"..

Krio, it seems you have some difficulties to understand the site's rules about what to comment or not. I cant hardly see the point of this sentence. Since you have been recently warned about this attitude, dont get surprised about your new membergroup status.

jeronij

bat

That beach walkway is looking wonderful, Jeronij!
And the station as well! Also nice work on your canals! The dock and parking place is looking beautiful!

The preview is also looking fantastic! Looking forward to more...

Yoman

Excellent work here Jeronij. You've really dedicated quite alot of time and effort into making this area look good, and I really like those seawalls (shame about the canals though). They are some of the most realistic I have ever seen, excellent for fishing harbors. I will eagerly await the military base  :thumbsup:

EDIT - I was looking at Mallorca in google earth and Palma is a very large city! The airport is also quite nice. There are also hundreds of fishing boats on piers in Puerto de Soller, will you be including this?

ussagus

Excellent job Jeronij !!  &apls &apls
I have a question...Why do you use this color of the seawater? It's like Mallorca sea?

Saludos

Heblem

Outstanding update, very fine details you use on that sea port ;)

My only suggestion would be the inland town, well some places like commerces and homes you got by normal "maxis" growths that have an american feeling, that i would suggest you is using something more original for example a custom lot or a european w2w, not sure. But anyway I still have the feeling for a spanish city/town,  i can see this really similar to Emilin Islas Gemas  $%Grinno$%  keep on  ;)

paroch

Great work on the harbour area there Jeronij.

The custom sea walls with the tyres are very nice indeed.  The boat ramp is also a "stand-out" for me - very well done.

And I think the canal to sea transition is very good.  It's not easy to get a good transition where water is involved but this solution is fine.

And of course the terrain mod is perfect for Mallorca - certainly from what I can remember the countryside in Mallorca is just that colour.

Regards

Paul

Jmouse

It is always a treat to see new development in Mallorca, but it is a special treat to see the mechanics behind the finished work. The water front turned out splendidly, and I am happy to hear you found time to actually play the game for a while! :D

Now I am looking forward to seeing the military base develop.

Until next time...
Joan

Simpson

This is very good I love your city continue...  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

thundercrack83

A ton of work in the update, my friend, and I must say that the results are nothing short of spectacular! Those new seawalls look amazing, and the waterfront area that you've created with them are tremendous, too. I can't wait to see more of the town you've previewed, as well as the military base!

Take care, my friend!

Dustin