• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NHP Mini Maps Series - Island Theme - NEED YOUR VOTE !

Started by wouanagaine, January 15, 2008, 02:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What mini maps you'd like to see in the Island Pack  

Island Map 1
9 (39.1%)
Island Map 2
3 (13%)
Island Map 3
11 (47.8%)
Island Map 4
3 (13%)
ZaalaIsland
6 (26.1%)
Element of Treachery
16 (69.6%)
Hazaria Isles
12 (52.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: January 28, 2008, 11:53:19 PM

wouanagaine

The New Horizons Production Team Needs Your Vote!

Currently, the NHP team has been hard at work in their laboratories creating custom mini-maps for a pack to be released to the general community. Entries have been compiled by nearly every member of the team into three categories. Land, coastal, and Island themes.

As a community member, we request that you take some time to browse through the selection of mini maps on display in this thread, then vote accordingly on which 3 maps you believe would best represent the package. One mini-map package will be released based on your vote.

The vote will remain open for 7 days!

Thank you in advance for browsing our catalogue of maps. We've been at this for nearly a month, and have put some pretty good efforts forth. All maps are NHP member created, using the latest in map making technologies. You'll be able to spot out certain member's characteristics, but you will not know who the map author is until the map is released in the pack!

Time to vote   ()stsfd()

And don't forget to look in the 2 others mini maps themes:
Land Theme
Coastal Theme

Island Map 1
Size: 1025x1025
Config:  4x4 lrg tiles
png/sc4m file size: 839kb/893kb

Island Map 2
png/sc4m file size: 837kb/787kb

Island Map 3
png/sc4m file size: 800kb/772kb

Island Map 4
png/sc4m file size: 788kb/765kb

ZaalaIsland
Size: 513x513
Config:  2x2 lrg tiles
png/sc4m file size: 266kb/250kb

Element of Treachery [archipelago]
Size: 513x513
Config:  2x2 lrg tiles
png/sc4m file size: ??/??

Hazaria Isles
Size: 513x1281
Config:  2x5 lrg tiles
png/sc4m file size: ??/??

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wouanagaine

there are some votes

Please be kind to post your opinon when voting, we'd like to have some feedback guys

New Horizons Productions

rooker1

Island Map 1, Island Map 3, Element of Treachery were the maps of my choice this time.
Island Map 1, This one has alot of nice relatively flat spaces and that volcanoe is perfect.  And I love the fact that you guys have made some island maps. I can see a couple of really nice protected areas for some really big ports.  I think I would turn this island into an industrial waste land.  ;)  And in my story say that this island was just off the coast of the main land.
Island Map 3, again my usual, raeatively flat, although there are some very nice ridge lines in this and some nice coves for my ports.  And I think I would use the same story as above.
Element of Treachery, and this one because of the group islands all look very nice the way they have been placed.  I really like the fact that some of the land goes off the map so that it doesn't look like an island only.  Most of all though and this is going to sound funny, but I like the name.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

beskhu3epnm

Thank you Robin for your comments!

I will agree that Element of Treachery has probably the best name out of all of our maps to date. Note the unique format of how the land was designed. Your vision when deciding what is a great map will assist us in the future to be sure!

We need more votes!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

getdown11

I like Hazaria Isles.  It looks challenging and it has diversity.

High5Tower

MAP #1  Could be a great resort island. Need to get tourists up that volcano on a tram.
MAP #3  Maybe a Sinapore type city in that nice open area. Lot of parks and circular transportation system.
Element of Treachery  Nice tropical jungle theme. Very low and remote populations. Great for ferry system. And of course little fishing villages.

But of course there all great thanks for making these.

blade2k5

High5Tower - More great ideas on how to develop the maps you voted for.  Thanks for the comments and votes. :thumbsup:

getdown11 - Thanks for the vote and comments :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Pat

• Island Map 1 <------  is a very good map and I would love to make a nice Hawaiin Island out of it
  • Element of Treachery <------ Just really like this one
  • Hazaria Isles <------ This one is sweet and looks the handy work of Blade

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

Quote# Hazaria Isles <------ This one is sweet and looks the handy work of Blade

Oh!  I'm sorry, you guessed wrong and unfortunately, you don't win the grand prize. :P  Thanks for the compliment though ;)

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Pat

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat you mean im wrong eeeeeeeeek!!! LoL, its so hard to tell the masters when they work cause you are a master cartographer along with all of NHP!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

I like Island Map 1, Map 3, because in my view these are the best three one of these set of maps (the others are of course wonderful work, too!)!

Edit: Sorry, the third map is Hazaria Isles!

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: bat on January 28, 2008, 06:29:51 AM
I like Island Map 1, Map 3, because in my view these are the best three one of these set of maps (the others are of course wonderful work, too!)!

Er, what's the third map, bat? :P

You only mentioned two. LOL.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
See my uploads on the LEX!

Ennedi

I'm a NHP member from some time, but I didn't work with these maps - so I think I can judge them as a normal player... :)

Island Map 1 looks very good, the volcano is great! Maybe it is a bit too steep, but this way there is more space to build  ;) I like it.

Island Map 2: very nice too, but the volcano is a bit too little and too steep.

Island Map 3: Very good! It can be even more interesting for the player than No 1. It hasn't such big mountais, but  I think flat terrain is more diversified, it will be visible in game. Small rocky ridges will look great when you will open the city tile (and choose a good terrain mod  :D)

Element of Treachery: Very diversified and realistic! the shoreline is perfect! It's an example you don't need big mountains to create a great map.
Never mind it is only 2x2, it is enough to build a fantastic region!

The last one (Hazaria Isles): yes, it's really very challenging, but it is something unique  :thumbsup:
I should think quite a long while to come to any idea how to build anything on this map, but it can be a fantastic group of little towns/villages, fishing ports and picturesque landscapes  :)

If somebody wants to build a metropolis, he probably will not choose an island - but never mind!

My choice: Island Map 3, Element of Treachery, Hazaria Isles.

Adam

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

beskhu3epnm

Pat, Bat, and Adam,

Just as in the other thread, thanks for stopping by!

New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sebes

Treachery, Zaala and Island 1, in that order.

Treachery looks like a very interesting map: many ferrys would make the inner sea a busy area hopefully!

Zaala, mainly because the inlet area fascinates me...what a great Capitol/Port city could be build there in shadow of the Vulcano...!

And Island is just to pick a 3rd - it's slighly better to me than the others because the mountains are bit more steep...
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

vester

My vote went to Element of Treachery, but could as well had gone to ZaalaIsland

beskhu3epnm

The results are in, and the coastal theme will be represented by the following 3 maps:

Element of Treachery
Hazaria Isles
Island Map 3

Let's take some time to see who the authors of each map are:

Island Map 1 - blade2k5
Island Map 2 - blade2k5
Island Map 3 - blade2k5
Island Map 4 - blade2k5
ZaalaIsland - wouanagaine
Element of Treachery - Shadow Assassin
Hazaria Isles - Shadow Assassin

Shadow Assassin's entries prove he is a natural at mapping!

The packaging will be coming to a LEX near you!!

Pat

2 of 3 not bad odds at all sweeet!!! better then my land guesses lol.....

beskhu3epnm

NHP Island Mini-Map Pack on the LEX
Once again, thanks to everyone who supported our project. Hope it's worthwhile. We have about 70 downloads, which has exceeded my expectations.

Perhaps we shall do this again in a month or two!!