• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simpson

Hi my friend  ;)
Your new update is looking very good the industries are very good to and réalistic
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

deathtopumpkins

Nope, at ST I can smoothly scroll right through this last update.
I did notice something right now though: I can scroll smoothly through the update while in reply mode here...  ??? Oh well, must just be a mystery of the forums.

Nice look at the industry of the GTR. You have some really interesting I-HT BATs.
That freight train crossing the viaduct looks funny! No custom freight train skin?
That does look like quite an irregular area to develop.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bat

That industrial area there looks fantastic, Haljackey!! :thumbsup:
Great work on your newest update! ;)

Haljackey

Replies:

Simpson:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you like the industrial areas!

deathtopumpkins: Hmm...  Well if you're more comfortable viewing updates @ ST go right ahead!  I have no idea why you are having problems scrolling here @ SC4D. 
-Glad you like the HT industrial buildings I use!  Ya I should get a freight train skin; you can tell that I don't use freight rail too often when I have no custom train :P
-Yes the area is irregular, and thus perfect for industrial growth!  If this area was all highrises, the infrastructure would not be able to support it well due to the geography of this part of town. 

bat:  Wow, thanks!  I am glad you enjoyed this update!   ;)

Update Time!

Its time for more of a classic update.  It will focus on the canopy of Terran Settlement.  You may have seen some of these photos before in development, but you have not seen the end result!

Keep in mind that the vast majority of the buildings are grown, not plopped in The GTR, so a little building repetition is to be expected. 

Pictures
Click the images for full resolution! (1920x1200.) See my picture information section on the first update of this page for more info.

A dense residential neighbourhood.  Note the use of HOV bus lanes.

This bullet train line divides residential and commercial areas. 

Looking south of the last picture, following the bullet train line:

A performing arts centre surrounded by skyscrapers.

The twin towers along the river:

Inner-city gateway.

There's always some sort of construction going on...

Skyline domination!

The old quarter, modernized.

Overlooking the city below:

That does it for this update!  Don't worry, I haven't forgot about what else is happening in the region!  Its a big place!

In addition, The GTR's Olympic Showcase was shown in the Simlympic Torch Relay!  Click HERE to see it!

Best,
-Haljackey

Simpson

Hey my friend  ;)
Your new update is very good lol as well  :'( :thumbsup:
Your city is looking very good and réalistic always a good RHW  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

deathtopumpkins

Nice update! I like the selection of buildings, and how they dwarf and overpower the smaller buildings as well as roads and highways.
Looks like that's a big building under cosntruction!

I like these forums better.  ;) Much faster load times.

For freight trains, I recommend jestarr and Swamper's engines, plus I have some RL ones (CSX and NS) off the STEX, and for cars I recommend Peg's set, as well as Swamper's (or jestarr's, can't remember which), plus there might be some other good ones out there. With these two sets, I hardly ever have any Maxis railcars.

bat

Again some fantastic pictures there! Fantastic new update, too!
Your city looks wonderful...

Haljackey

Replies:

Simpson:  Hey, thanks a lot!  :thumbsup:  Glad you think it is realistic and you like the RHW!

deathtopumpkins:  Thanks!  Ya, that's why I entitled this update as "the canopy" because it shows the top of the skyscraper "jungle" overlooking the ground. 
-If you prefer SC4D better, that's not a problem!  I update on both sites so there's no worry!
-Thanks for the freight train suggestions!  I'll look into it!

bat:  Great, glad you like the pictures and the update! 

Update Time!

I have made a new video featuring GTR Highway 1, the region's superhighway.

The bulk of the highway was made before the latest version of the RHW came out, and thus most of it is made up of the normal highway, split up into a multi-highway configuration.  This gives it a width of 12 lanes throughout much or the urban area, enough to carry its loads with ease.  In strategic areas of the region, the highway will split up into two segments (express, or inner lanes, go one direction while the collectors, or outer lanes, go another).  This makes it easier for the highway to interchange with not only other highways, but with itself as well.  ;)

A Youtube video box should appear below.  If you can't see it or are having problems, follow the link below it.  Make sure you turn up your speakers!

http://www.youtube.com/v/bjX2ciNcw3U

-For high quality, follow the link and select the "watch in high quality" tab to the lower right of the video box.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjX2ciNcw3U

If you would like to view my other videos, new and old, you can find them in my new youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/haljackey

Anyways I hope you enjoy the video!

Best,
-Haljackey

Sheep49

The region is great. :)
While watching the video I felt like if I was playing some nice driving simulator!

Keep up the nice work!  ;D
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

deathtopumpkins

Great video, Hal!
I watched it in high-quality, and that's an impressive highway. I recognized parts of it, such as the bridge (whose name escapes me--really long double suspesnsion).

Nice work.  &apls

MandelSoft

Well, you can say that, a superhighway! I'm always surprised about your transportation system.
BTW, How about an highwaynumber sign ;) (attached below)?

And congratulations hitting the 1,000 replies on ST!!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Simpson

Hey my friend
Your vidéo is very nice, I love, always, so much your work
I'm until forward to the next update
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Haljackey

Replies:

Sheep49:  Thank you!  Yes, UDI can be fun!

deathtopumpkins:  Glad you enjoyed it.  It was the Mar Sara Bridge you were thinking of :P

mrtnrln:  Yes it is, isn't it. 
-A highway number sign?  That looks fantastic!  Is there any way you (or someone else) could make that into a overhanging prop?  That would be amazing to have!   :thumbsup:

Simpson:  Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed the video!

Update Time!

Well, its been done.  The GTR has exceeded 1,000 comments and over 150 here @ SC4D!  Thanks everyone for your interest and support! 

I am showcasing a new city now that this milestone has been achieved.  I did show a part of this city in another update, but now its time to reveal it to you, as well as something special.  The city's name is Witburg, and is located just to the right of Downtown. It is the transit hub of the region.

City:

Transport: (again, note the absence of the RHW)

Pictures
Click the images for full resolution! (1920x1200.) See my picture information section on the first update of this page for more info.

A growing CBD begins to overshadow the RHW with GLR in its median.

A large highway interchange has direct links to both the station itself and the parking lots.

A new highway interchange at the edge of the developed area.

West station trunk line:

Central station trunk line:

East station trunk line:

A closer look at the parking lots:

A city park area.  Note the use of some FAR, my first in an urban area!
-I am working for the NAM Team, you know  :P

Highway and mass transit interchanges in the outskirts of town:

A close-up of one of the city's bike paths, a new network being added to The GTR.

Anyways, that does it for this update!  I hope you enjoyed Witburg!

I haven't quite gotten use to the new site format, and it was VERY difficult for me to post the images the way I do this time.  Hopefully, I'll figure out how to do this easier soon.

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

Aww... I want FAR! Lucky.

That's a neat city. From the satellite view you can see that it has a lot of green spaces.

That station is humongous!!!!! And so are the parking lots. Does it's usage actually reflect that size???

Lastly, nice bike paths! What are you using for them?

Simpson

Wow my friend this new update is superb
The general view of your city is so good and very réalistic
I love your CBD  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

art128

excellent MD my friend  :thumbsup: i realy like the last update  &apls
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

The FAR so far! And bikepaths, wohoo! BTW, I have some overhanging highway signs here  ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Sheep49

Bike paths are great! I love'em!  ;D

And FAR seems to be nice so far!  ;)

Wish you the great traffic in your hub!  :D
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Haljackey

Replies:

deathtopumpkins:  Sorry I'm teasing you.   :P
-You like the city?  That's great!  About the station, it has not nearly reached its full potential yet, on account that the city is still small.  Once the city expands you can bet that there will be a ton more trains!
-I would like to link you to the bike paths, but the search engine on the STEX is currently down.  Try searching for "bike path" when its back up.

Simpson:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you are liking the new city!

art128: Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed this update!

mrtnrln:  Thanks for your comments! 
-Thanks for the signs! I am putting them to good use!

Sheep49:  Wow, thanks a ton for all your comments!

Update Time!

I am going to mix it up a bit for this update and show you two things.
1.  A night showcase of Downtown.  I am still new with taking night photos, but I hope you enjoy it!
2.  Showing those new signs mrtnrln made.

Pictures
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

The heart of the city:

The stadium bend:

The CBD.

Lots of lights:

Residential:

Multi-RHW

Interchange at the crack of dawn:

The new GTR interchange signs.  Thanks again to mrtnrln for making these!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this update!

Best,
-Haljackey

art128

wow those night shot are fantastic  &apls the day shots to realy realistic  &apls
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog