• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ACB-VLT Terminals & Jets

Started by Voltaire, December 26, 2007, 09:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wargodkills

Quote from: Voltaire on November 08, 2008, 05:38:17 AM
Thanks ShadeSlayer, PLT, art, papab, allan, mcarch

Fatsuhono-san the pavement system is certainly not designed to scale ;)  Even a 737 would need triple this runway's length to take off. The size of the Lot was more important in this case, it's slightly smaller than the Maxis international airport.

The 737s will come out first, portlandexpos, then the larger stuff. It may be a month or two though -- just now I don't look forward to another round of making modulars (would be the 8th time, if we're counting... and we are).

Jetbridge lighting: the 787 and 747 have a lightpole, in the last pic you can see one near the staircase.

These lots aren't finished yet wargodkills, we'll be releasing them in maybe a couple of weeks.

Thats great! i cant wait  ;D you guys are doing good but one more question will they be on the lex or stex? :)

ShadeSlayer

Are you going to release the A320s at the same time as the 737s?

Voltaire

We are working to get this out onto the LEX, as an update to the (previously released) AC functional airports.

There will be a small wait as there are even more ports coming into the pack right now -- seaports, actually.
The A320 will release separately later than the 737s... probably around January.

Edited to fix broken link  -V

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

cameron1991

:o
I'm speechless...
All I can say is they look so good!  :thumbsup:

allan_kuan1992

Ah... the cargo centre?

I'm guessing that will be done as a joint AC/BSC project, yes or no?

The airport is very detailed... now i wonder... is there a lot that I can somehow plop in place of the runway lot and that blends in with the modular Airport set?

- Allan Kuan

pilotdaryl

Not to be picky but I noticed the touch-down zones on stages 4, 5 and 6 seem to be a bit inaccurate.  Otherwise, I've seen a level of quality I must admit, have never seen before!  Great job!!!

ShadeSlayer

These are pretty amazing, Voltaire.

So if the A320s are around Jan, when do you suspect the 737s will be out?

allan_kuan1992

@ pilotdaryl:

i think everything was supposed to be representative of reality... not totally realistic... i mean... the runway is too small for most of the aircraft in all of those stages...

- Allan Kuan

Andreas

Wow, this looks mighty cool. :) Due to lack of time, I never really examined the modular airports that are around, but those pre-fabricated ones are just perfect for my needs.
Andreas

nerdly_dood

Not bad at all!  I might suggest relotting each to be only a terminal with planes and props, but with no taxiways or runways, leaving those to the user - that would enable much more flexibility, as well as satisfying those who think the runways are much too short. (Plus, parking in the larger versions would be a NIGHTMARE, and with a version without runways or taxiways, parking could be provided in a more realistic manner)

Can't wait to see for myself what these look like in-game!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

PLT

Now THAT is really cool!  &dance

You never cease to amaze me Voltaire, and this made me actually realize what you have been doing for us aviationfreaks, spending a huge amount of time, just to please us  ::)  8)

Keep it up!!!

Ra1n

Amazing job AC Team.  Looking forward to their release. :thumbsup:
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to stand and face it.

Pat

OMG WOW Volt that airport setup is simply ashtounding wow!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tabi

Jack Bauer

You have done a wonderful job!! I like a lot the diagonal planes!! It was the thing which lacked to made a good airport!!! The planes are also very well-done!!!

FrankU

Quote from: nerdly_dood on November 15, 2008, 10:07:29 AM
Not bad at all!  I might suggest relotting each to be only a terminal with planes and props, but with no taxiways or runways, leaving those to the user - that would enable much more flexibility, as well as satisfying those who think the runways are much too short. (Plus, parking in the larger versions would be a NIGHTMARE, and with a version without runways or taxiways, parking could be provided in a more realistic manner)

Can't wait to see for myself what these look like in-game!

I agree! That would be even better than the fantastic work you have done here!
Up to now I left the airport business alone, because I had enough on my mind with sea ports.... But now this looks too good to leave alone.

rootbears

omg!!!!  ;D i cant wait for them  :P  :thumbsup: when will they be released?  &apls
Woe betide the day theres a game without mods
Woe betide the day my game crashes
Woe betide the day any of the above happen ;D ;D

Voltaire

Thanks cameron, PLT, Ra1n, Pat, tabi, Jack, for kind comments on the prefabs!
Andreas, FrankU - thank you. we have hoped from the start, this format would get many players to look at building SC4 airports again.

Regular readers of my work should know by now -- when I don't post for a month, it's because I'm up to something  ;D

Re. the prefabs, the terminals are all standard ACB-VLT parts, so it's entirely possble to rebuild them on a modular airport. The diagonal aircraft props will remain exclusive to the prefab lots, with separate versions upcoming in modular form. This is a result of the terminal's LODs, which are not made to join jetways in any way except orthogonal.

Final integration and testing for the entire series is in progress now. No more questions on time of release please. You will know when we know.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

cameron1991

:o
They look awesome!
I was wondering if any of the other liveries for the 747F are BCFs? Or are they all freighters built by Boeing?

PLT

:o  WOW   :o

Small question though, could you also show us  a picture of the other liveries you made?