• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DebussyMan Showcase

Started by DebussyMan, January 31, 2007, 09:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vnaoned

After all my statues won't be so big compared to the size of the place counting on the coming "Hôtel de la Marine" building!  ;D

I think I noticed a detail about your work DebussyMan, aren't you a fan of pre-war Berlin? Even your personnal BATs come from this periode, isn't it?
And by the way I never thought to thank you for all these wonderful BATs you gave to all of us.

Badsim

Quote from: DebussyMan on March 06, 2009, 11:14:09 AM

About the Hôtels, I can't give you the exact size right now as I'll have to tweak that when I'm finished to see that it fits W2W on both sides, but I calculate it would be around 7 tiles wide. You might also wanna take in account the size of the Louvre, but I can't give you too much hopes of it  ;)

Sorry to have open a debate here , Carlos , but it's an interesting one .

So the question right now is : Are we reasonable people ... or not ?  :-\

My "Pace de la Concorde" currently is :

That Lot - still under construction - is 10x14 tiles sized . To be accurate to the real one and to your BATs to come , I would have to enlarge it to 14x22 tiles ( real plaza is 210x360 meters ) . ::)
Even with the limit of 1256 items that I can save on it , I would have to split it in 2 Lots ... not a big deal . And , then ,the overlays set I'm currently using would not work anymore ... not an insurmountable issue either .

Now about Le Louvre .... Le Louvre - you could release  - and Tuileries' garden - I could release - would be an ensemble of 22x76 tiles ... quick estimate .

Well , Carlos , if you're unreasonable enough ... I could follow you on that one , no matter the time it would take .  ;D

(But , frankly , I hope you're not . $%Grinno$% )

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

N1_2888

Maybe DebussyMan could make two versions of the Hôtel de la Marine, a bigger and a smaller one suitable for your lot. ;)

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

DebussyMan

Well, I'm affraid to admit I'm widely known for being unreasonable  ;D

In any case, the size of the Hôtels can't be reduced as they would look too small compared with porkies BATs as it is the general rule to oversize quite a lot W2W. In fact, As they are now (7 tiles wide) they look a bit small compared to them. However, I could cut them to make a small like N1_2888 suggested, to fit better with your lot.

BUT... as I like being unreasonable, I'd like to make a deal with you... If you make the correct size of the Concorde AND Tuilleries, I promise I'll finish Le Louvre... It's a pretty big project which I'm scared of even starting (I have made essays but never really started it), but that's the deal...  :-[

Ooops... Why did I say that... I must be crazy...

vnaoned: Thank you for your kind works, I'm also an andmirer of your work which I've been seeing at TSC... and yes, I like pre-war Berlin and most of my BATs do come from that time, guess it's because of the romance of a gone era, buried in the dust of man's hate, and also because as most of them don't exist no one will critisize me saying that they don't look like the RL ones $%Grinno$%

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

Une_ame

QuoteBUT... as I like being unreasonable, I'd like to make a deal with you... If you make the correct size of the Concorde AND Tuilleries, I promise I'll finish Le Louvre... It's a pretty big project which I'm scared of even starting (I have made essays but never really started it), but that's the deal... 

OH !!!

Badsim &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp! Man, you have to say yes to such a proposal!!

BTW, your "place de la Concorde" is just perfect :satisfied:.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Odainsaker

Omigosh, I was looking at Vienna's charming Musikverein, collecting images while thinking, "we really need a good German opera house BAT for those Strauss and Wagner romps," only to be awestruck by your beautiful Staatsoper on Unter den Linden.

Maybe the good modding folks here can somehow manage a custom sound file to go with the building query, a clip of the most famous notes from Die Fledermaus or Der fliegende Holländer, hehe.

Now to start bulldozing a spot for the Place de la Concorde as well.  Speaking of custom modding...maybe some seasonal guillotines for those revolutionary City Journals, hehe!  Opps, thinking out loud again...

DebussyMan

I was actually thinking of something from "Die Zauberflöte" for the Staatsoper query, I'm leaving Wagner for Bayreuth  ;)

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

mattb325

Truly beautiful! &apls :thumbsup:

You never cease to amaze  ;D

Emperor Stormont

It looks gorgeous Carlos, very impressive. I love the detailing as always and will enjoy using it :)

As for the Louvre OMG!!!! I would die to use that, truly a beautiful gallery and joy to explore. Have wasted many a day walking its galleries....  :satisfied:

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

N1_2888

Hmm, BATting the Louvre will be difficult, not only because it is big (indeed, very big :D ), but also because it's slightly asymmetric following the Seine's shape.

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

DebussyMan

That's where I'd take some artistic license and make it straight. If I made it in its original shape, it wouldn't fit sorrounding streets nor Xannepan's Rue de Rivoli BATs  ;)

Badsim

I'm sorry to have to say that , Carlos , but ....

... you'd better start to BAT .  ;D

I convinced Vincent to BAT not only the fountains of Place de la Concorde but also to join that insane project ...
While you'll work on Hotel Crillon , Hotel de la Marine and the monster ( Le Louvre ) , he will release :

Le musée de L'Orangerie ...

La galerie nationale du Jeu de Paume ...

... and various others props for Tuileries's garden .

Vincent , whom is as crazy than us two , has even already planed several others things around ...  $%Grinno$%

Well , here is my proposal :

As the hardest part of that project will be released by Vincent & you , I suggest a separated thread ( Outside AntigOne or your BAT thread ) . Maybe - with the authorization from the STAFF - a thread in the Projects section ... where each of us three will show his progresses . It could be named "The Triumphal Way" as it is the well-known name of that Parisian perspective . About  4,5 Km (or 3 miles ) between the Arc of Triumph and Le Louvre ...

Would like to see Barbara as moderator .

Have still some documentation works to do before to launch it officially , if you or Vincent agree , disagree with that proposal or have another one , just let me know . I've got an open-mind .  :thumbsup:

Quote from: DebussyMan on March 07, 2009, 10:59:09 AM

... I'm scared of even starting .

So do I ...   ()flower()

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

vnaoned

Even the biggest projects begin with a small detail you expend beyond the limits you first thougt about...
Well, that's quite a project and as I told you Cédric I really honored to join each one of you in this project.
Can't wait the official start! Working with the Cathedralizer Himself, that's something.  :)

Une_ame

Badsim, vnaoned, Barby and the Master, looks like a dream team for an awesome challenge (something like the NAM) &hlp.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

jeanmi

Excellent work debussy  &apls

Good luck for the louvre , but i have a question for you: when you will upload your last bat ? is to beautiful

excuse me for my bad english  &mmm

Edit: you upload it, it will be really beautiful in my city  :thumbsup:

DebussyMan

*Gulp* Seems like we are THAT crazy after all...

I'm really glad that Vincent (and David) are jumping aboard this boat (hope its "weight" doesn't make it sink  $%Grinno$% )

I think it is a good idea to make a special project thread as this is pretty big. I'll need some documentation as well, specially on some parts of Le Louvre of which I lack of good pics. Hope someone would be able to provide them... but I'm getting ahead of myself.

For the moment I won't be really aviable as I have to prepare a big exam for next week. But after the 17th I'll be able to start with it...

Good luck and may God help us  :-[

BTW: The Berliner Staatsoper Unter den Linden is aviable on the LEX

Badsim

Alea jacta est , so . ::)

Vincent & David aren't only very talented but also very voluntary .  We can't fail ...

Arthur (Art128 ) is living in Paris and has already offered his help for pictures ... ( see thread "Batiments Français" in the french subforum here ) .

We don't intend to rush either . For the time being I'm still planing props with Vincent for Place de la Concorde , then I will draw that part of the Seine on a virgin large city tile , and the project will be officially launched ...

Thanks so much , and good luck for the big exam .  :)

Cédric .

BarbyW

Let me know when you are ready so I can open a new board in the Projects Forum. I'm not sure how I can help other than that but if I can please just ask.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

vnaoned

I think we can consider that David (Orange) has throwned the sign of departure...
http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=525934&page=18#540063

toxicpiano

The louvre, huh? I'm sure you'll make the most fantastic job of it, like all of your BATs. I'll be there in April, so that's probably too late to be of any use to you (I shoot using a Nikon D70)
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.