• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Military aircrafts - the most complete list

Started by Swesim, December 05, 2007, 01:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

APSMS

I am glad to know that SC4D isn't policing private activities; it was something I was always worried about when it came to asking about orphaned files, since I was never really sure about the kosherness of sharing files personally with others if they had originally been posted on the LEX or SC4D. (though, to be sure, I've never actually done this; just thought about it).

Still, the rest is clear; you can't expect to discuss prohibited activities in public (like accessing pirated software or other things prohibited by site rules) and not expect repercussions.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

catty

Quote from: Girafe on August 31, 2014, 11:35:20 AM
Cathy said consequences...

:D

QuoteI am glad to know that SC4D isn't policing private activities

wouldn't want to even if we could, your PM's are  $%#Ninj2   
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

fafalone

If you want to be that petty, no where do the rules say ASKING if anyone has something is against the rules. Unless you really want to start calling it piracy. In that case, I reject that and accuse you of libel for maligning my character in falsely accusing me of piracy.

MOD EDIT:  RULE 10 on this site

QuoteDownloadable content from the forums and the exchange, including (but not limited to) mods, plugins, prop packs, etc. may not be redistributed without the permission of the original author.  Any user found to be redistributing content without permission (including through torrents or other file-sharing systems) will be subject to termination of all membership privileges and site access. People work hard, for free, to make this stuff. Don't steal it from them.

catty

Topic locked

fafalone I have ignored the tone of your previous posts, but there is a limit and you have just reached mine.

I'm deducting a karma point from you, there may be further consequences ...

()sad()

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

This topic is now unlocked, while I'm not going to stop people discussing "orphan plugins" in this topic, if those discussions continue in the same tone as before, this topic will be locked again and/or moved from the public site onto the private boards.

-catty

Sunset_baby

For fans of Tabi; his stuff has been uploaded to SimCity China by Fanta

trabman11

Well, looks like the copyright and piracy issues are the PRC's problem now!  :-\

BTW - Did you know that a NAM 32 download is posted on the site (as  Chinese version of the Installer)? http://www.simcity.cn/thread-130034-1-1.html
RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

HappyDays

I'm not surprised. SimCity China has quite a few uploads I'd say have questionable authorization status.

The likely driving force behind this is that someone thinks, "Hell, why not just put the download here instead of making people go to a site where they don't know the language?"

Not that this legitimizes the behavior but at least you understand the root cause of it.

compdude787

Quote from: trabman11 on September 07, 2014, 01:03:25 PM
Well, looks like the copyright and piracy issues are the PRC's problem now!  :-\

BTW - Did you know that a NAM 32 download is posted on the site (as  Chinese version of the Installer)? http://www.simcity.cn/thread-130034-1-1.html

Hmmm...when have I heard of this before? The Chinese have been pirating Windows for years. ()sad()
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Sunset_baby

Yeah. They have a different policy on that site.

However, I think it is more tolerated within the communtiy based on two factors... read Art and Weixc's posts here to understand what I mean

NCGAIO

Quote from: Sunset_baby on September 07, 2014, 07:51:04 AMFor fans of Tabi; his stuff has been uploaded to SimCity China by Fanta

Unfortunately it is
necessary have a reading permission greater than 6 to see the post which certainly will not be the case for those who are not regular users SCN

Besides of the quoted  posts also good to remember that it is necessary to more that group Public to be allowed to post or send in reprinted works.

Exactly the session where it published the translation of NAM instaler so is within the rules of posting on the site.

catty

Quote from: Sunset_baby on September 08, 2014, 05:29:51 AM
...However, I think it is more tolerated within the communtiy based on two factors... read Art and Weixc's posts here to understand what I mean

Yes and if you keep reading you will notice I locked that topic for a while, if we can keep to either where military planes can be located or what do you think should happen when both the website and/or creator of a plugin has vanished and its proved impossible to contact the creator it would be much appreciated by me.

Also real life has caught up with a couple of the staff that was discussing "orphan plugins" in the staff boards, there may be some delay before a site policy is decided on.

-catty

Sunset_baby

Ah, I see.. I might have mis-interpreted that to an acceptance of SCC's policy, due to the previous mentioned conditions. For this I am sorry  :-[

As for the collection of Tabi's work; the link was found from Fanta's page on SCC - And I'm sure he is doing this by the books.. as he has done with the works of NOB,APTX,Kei in the past.

@NCGAIO: That must have happened recently.. I found the collection from Fanta's site, and he has never had restrictions before.. to my knowledge at least

NCGAIO

Quote from: Sunset_baby on September 08, 2014, 04:03:44 PM

@NCGAIO: That must have happened recently.. I found the collection from Fanta's site, and he has never had restrictions before.. to my knowledge at least

Well... see for yourself

Sunset_baby

Quote from: NCGAIO on September 09, 2014, 12:42:11 PM
Quote from: Sunset_baby on September 08, 2014, 04:03:44 PM

Well... see for yourself

Yes, it is like that for me to right now (apart from the automatic translation).. however, when I posted the link 2 days ago; everything was fine = no read permissions required

now, since I don't know what has changed, I prefer not to jump to any conclusions
For all we know - Fanta could have been in contact with Tabi  about re-uploading the material previous to posting it to SCC..

NCGAIO

Well maybe a bit improbable .. then it would be the same case for Key; APTX; Nob etc ...

I think this fits more with the fact adapt the situation to what was said HERE earlier by weixc812.

Surely for the large majority of foreign users this is a loss because it is unlikely that they can understand the mechanics of the site to get the permissions.

Ie again without access to the material lost.

Sunset_baby

Currently it IS the same case for APTX, Kei and NOB's content linked on Fanta's page (at least for me)

InvaderNat

peperodriguez2710

Hi, I found a page in Sim City China containing Tabi's aircraft and more stuff. You need to be logged in Sim City China to download them. Hope this helps.

http://www.simcity.cn/thread-132647-1-1.html

Regards! :D

PD: If this link is violating site rules, please tell me, and I will delete it as soon as possible.

noahclem

Too bad tabi doesn't upload to the LEX anymore. Airman over at ST just pointed me to these great planes.

Links to find content offsite are definitely allowed so thank you for sharing that one  :thumbsup: