• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Timed props ...

Started by Badsim, November 06, 2007, 08:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Hello ,

By curiosity , would like to know how timed props are functioning ,  at which step of their conception this property is added , in others words , if it's possible to Mod this property to an already existing prop ( from a Prop Pack ..) with Ilive or another program ...
And , of course if it's possible , how ...

Thanks . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

M4346

You would be able to make new prop descriptors for models in existing prop packages, but that package will then be a dependency.

I would also like to know how to do this, so an answer will be appreciated!  :thumbsup:

Thanks!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

RippleJet

As long as the "X Tool" isn't finished you need iLive's Reader for that. ::)

You need to convert the Resource Key Type property of the prop to a Resource Key Type 4 (RKT4),
containing 8 or 16 reps (depending on whether you have 1 or 2 states of the prop):

0x0000000S, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0xRRRRRRRR, 0xTTTTTTTT, 0xGGGGGGGG, 0xIIIIIIII

S is 0 for the normal state, 1 for the special state (as given in other properties below).
If one of the states is missing, the prop will be invisible at that state.

0xRRRRRRRR is the Resource Key Type of the prop, either 0x27812820 for RKT0 or 0x27812821 for RKT1 (see what the original prop you're converting used).

0xTTTTTTT, 0xGGGGGGGG, 0xIIIIIIII is the TGI address of the prop (the 3 reps in the original RKT1).
You can also check your model filename (e.g. MyBatModel-0xTTTTTTTT-0xGGGGGGGG-0xIIIII.SC4Model) for these numbers.

If you want the prop to disappear in one of the states, you may also give it a TGI of 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000.
In this case 0xRRRRRRRR should be 0x27812820.

In addition to changing the Resource Key Type, you need to add a number of properties, depending on the timing you want:

Add property:
Nighttime State Change = True
if you want the prop to appear differently at daytime and nighttime (state 1 is during night)

Add property:
Prop Time of Day = Clock1, Clock2
if you want the prop to appear between those two times given by Clock1 and Clock2 (state 0 is between those times).
Clock1 and Clock2 are decimal values between 0.0 and 24.0

Add properties:
Simulator Start Date = Month, Day
Simulator Date Duration = Days
Simulator Date Interval = Interval
if you want the prop to appear a specific time of the year (state 0 is from the Start Date and Duration of days after that)
Month is anything between 1 and 12, Day is anything between 1 and 31.
Days can be anything between 1 and 365 and interval would normally be 365.

Do not mix any of the above types of timed props. $%Grinno$%

You can also add the property Prop Random Chance to set the probability of it appearing.

M4346

Thanks! Let me try this... I'll buzz you if I get stuck.  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions

M4346

Guess what?!

It worked! :P

Thanks Tage!  :thumbsup:

PS. The animation recorder forgot to include 'summer'  :D
New Horizons Productions

Serkanner

I will wait till the X-tool is released.

Pat

yup yup same here... -m- dont you mean you forgot lol... that is wicked though either way  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

M4346

Quote from: patfirefghtr on November 06, 2007, 12:48:17 PM
-m- dont you mean you forgot lol... that is wicked though either way  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Shhhhh!!!  $%Grinno$% :P

Thanks Pat!  ;)
New Horizons Productions

Badsim

Following your instructions , ( I did need several attempts  :-[ ) , have finally successfully timed my first prop ( "Lilac purple " from BSC Props Mega Pack MJB Vol01 ...) now semi-seasonal .  %BUd%

Thank you , RippleJet , not a big deal for you but a great day for me . :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

M4346

Congratulations Badsim!  &apls

It won't hurt if you inspect other seasonal / semi-seasonal props (e.g. Cycledogg's trees) either. It does help in establishing a general consensus of when the seasons are.  ;D
New Horizons Productions

Badsim

Quote from: M4346 on November 06, 2007, 02:10:15 PM

It does help in establishing a general consensus of when the seasons are.  ;D

Well , It seems that due to human activities , a general consensus is also a timed thing .... but who cares , we have ILive to adapt ourselves . $%Grinno$% :P