• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kingdom of Houstin

Started by batmans, November 03, 2007, 05:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

batmans

Hi everyone!!!!

I show a Kingdom of Houstin. It is a my first best region when I started play in SC4.

Houstin is really Monaco - that it is a model of Monaco.

Sky Kingdom ;)

and tomorrow I show us a old town ;) maybe more xP

aha and here http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=518478 is history of town and a lot of fotos :)

Ennedi

Hello batmans,

That's a very good start!  &apls
I like your map, rivers and the harbour area are very good terraformed, the transit network also looks interesting.
I will wait for the next update  :thumbsup:

I have a suggestion: you can download the Sawtooth's Region Census - it's a small program wchich enables you to make pictures of the region view, you can also make a picture of the single city tile, without these ingame icons. you can download it here
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat

Yes, a very nice start there! And the region shot is looking wonderful! :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Welcome to SC4D, batmans. I think you'll find it a friendly and helpful place to visit.
Looks like you have an interesting region developing here. I like a landscape with mountains, hills, valleys and rivers.
Also I like the way your CBD fades into rural areas. That isn't always easy to do in SC4, and I could use some help in that area!
I'm looking forward to seeing some close-up photos.

Until next time...
Joan

batmans

Update from (one of part) seaport:

region view

Comments ;)

bat

Fantastic first update there! Also wonderful pictures of your great looking city! :thumbsup:

Badsim

I love this work ... nothing looking too pretentious , but everything very well executed . The use of buildings from an airport pack ( I think ... I don't know them ) to create huge warehouse/big factories is great !  :thumbsup:
The balance between developments and green areas is perfect ( for my taste ) making this district and seaport very pleasant to look at ... the use of circular plant bases for each tree in lawns is bit strange though ...
Would need also a few updates , cars , busses ....details having nothing to do with your skill , yeah , this is surely more complex than it seems at the first look ; a great sign ... ;)

:thumbsup: &apls 

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Ennedi

Hello batmans,
I like this update very much! It seems you MD goes in very good direction! :thumbsup:

You hadn't too much place to create your seaport, but you used it very good. It's general shape is interesting, there is enough space for ships to manoeuvre. I think it would be good to make an outside breakwater to protect the port area against storms, but you haven't place on this city tile, I think you can use neighboring cities to make it (of course if it isn't your region border ;))

As Badsim said, it's very good idea to use airport set pieces to make large modern warehouses, I'm thinking about something similar in my MD... ;)
The oil pier with huge tanks is very good done, the only thing I would think about are too much Somy's cranes (but it's a characteristic feature of these lots and I know it would be difficult to change it).

The residential area on first pictures is very nice too, citizens living here have a really great surrounding (of course if they like a characteristic port/fish smelling  :D)

Very good work, I will wait for more! :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

batmans

thanks for your good opinion ;)

This port is a my first port of my live :P and has a little imperfect but I work them :)

Can you give me link for breakwater??? ;)

Ennedi

batmans,

You can use for example this one
Or this one (it's rather a waterfront, but you can make a good use of it too).

I would also suggest you to look at the LEX, there are a lot of interesting stuff in it, some of it can be useful for you :thumbsup:
Edit: As for the first attempt your port is very good!
New Horizons Productions

NASCAR_Guy

Personally I find the first one Hard to use Enn'
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Jmouse

That is, indeed, a very impressive seaport you've built there, batmans. It looks like there's much going on there and that's just as it should be. I'm wondering where you will be going with this region next. Wherever it is, though, I'm sure it will look great.

Until next time...
Joan

rooker1

I have to agree with everyone else so far.  That is a very impressive seaport you have created.  I also like the use of the airport pack to make those large warehouses, great job.  The curved road into the port was a very nice touch.  Your regional views looks awesome.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

batmans

Hello my friends!

Small update from new build district ;)

sebes

Wow - that is a very well made typical european suburb Batmans! I realy like the realistic road lay out, the curves in the avenues and streets, the grassfields and way you planted the trees (and picked their colours!!!!) Amazingly realistic, well done  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

suplado!

cool pics, very detailed!!great road layout with some diagonals and curves!!

batmans

Unfortunatly my town is died :/ maybe I start a new city :P

Ennedi

Hello batmans,

Don't worry! You showed very nice city, full of interesting ideas and great buildings  :thumbsup: Such things happen to many people, nedalezz (look at his "Qumma - from Desert to Rose") lost his region after 7th or 8th update, and he rebuilt it quickly in a great way :)

I like your collection of BATs and the way you build your cities. So don't hesitate, relax during Christmas, think a bit and start again!  :thumbsup: You can countinue this MD (or start another one if you want).

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for you!

Adam
New Horizons Productions