• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4T preview

Started by RandyGamer, October 28, 2007, 12:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyGamer

Is there a way to see what a map will look like in SC4 in SC4T ? I'm concerned my config.bmp file won't match up properly with the land changes I've made, and want to know if there is a way to see everything without going to SC4.

wouanagaine

Can you elaborate ?
What do you mean by SC4 in SC4T ?

If you're only concerned with config.bmp, you can enable 'show city borders' in SC4T and it will overlay a white grid based on your config.bmp

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

RandyGamer

You answered it nicely. :) I was hoping there would be a function where you could see what a map would look like in SC4 from Terraformer instead of having to load it up in SC4.

I guess what I wanted to do is find a way to render it back into the grayscale.jpg so I could check the config.bmp city sizes and placement, then adjust it based on that. Showing the city grid lines will help a lot. Can SC4Terraformer adjust the config.bmp, or do I have to do it with PaintShopPro (or Landscape Designer)?

And thank you for your answer, dude.  :thumbsup:

JoeST

you can edit the city tile sizes in paint... that is all the config.bmp is
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RandyGamer

Quote from: star.torturer on October 28, 2007, 12:33:58 PM
you can edit the city tile sizes in paint... that is all the config.bmp is

Yeah, I know that, but thanks. :) That's not the problem. It's matching it up that is the problem, heh. :)

M4346

You can always use the SC4Mapper. If you load the grayscale image it will inform you that the config file needs to be adjusted and does it for you automatically.  :thumbsup:

EDIT: I mean, you say, for example 8 x 8 (small city tiles) and it tells you that the image needs to be adjusted and then does it.

You can find the SC4Mapper here -> Click!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

RandyGamer

Hmm. Never used the Mapper before. I guess I can give it a try. Thanks!  :thumbsup:

beskhu3epnm

You could just do this, although it will only display your current map. You will have to edit your original map in order to change where the city borders are:

You could save the image as described above and load it into the image editor to decide where you want to put cities and the way you want to design your config file.

This would be the end result:

Really, it's tough to mesh everything together the way you want it sometimes. If you have a config editor (like SCRACC), you can do your best to match it up with the image exported above by SC4TF.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

RandyGamer

Quote from: M4346 on October 28, 2007, 12:39:28 PM
You can always use the SC4Mapper. If you load the grayscale image it will inform you that the config file needs to be adjusted and does it for you automatically.  :thumbsup:

EDIT: I mean, you say, for example 8 x 8 (small city tiles) and it tells you that the image needs to be adjusted and then does it.

You can find the SC4Mapper here -> Click!

Excellent, and thanks for the link. I was searching high and low for it. :)

RandyGamer

@ beskhu3epnm: Okay, I see what you mean. Thanks. :)