• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Clearing a lot in the LE

Started by Pat, October 25, 2007, 09:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Step by step Tuturial on clearing a lot the easy way....

Step one you want to make sure you have a lot that you want to rework.  For this purpose im using the fire airport landing strip... You may use any lot to do this with...

Pic one here is the fire airport landing strip....

Pic Two is where we start to make some progress as you see here im in the Base Textures Tab ok...

Now as what i did i started in the upper left corner of this lot and left click and hold to get this white line here....

As you see i have the lot completly highlighted and i did this by like i said of left click and then drag to cover the whole lot....

Now you want to delete these texture,  Just hit delete on your keyboard and all the base textures will delete like so....

So just repeat the steps for Overlay textures

and delete again same way to get this results

now go to props and do the same thing

and delete same way as before to have now this final results

So now you will have a blank lot with just the building on it.... Now you are free to lot as you wish to have it... the way you like it....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

Just seen this one. Very useful for LE beginners. Thanks for sharing it  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Pat

Thank you Jeroni, I haven't seen anything like this before and i figured i could help out a little more for the community - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

oldrogue

Having just decided to start playing with LE and maybe trying to see how I can screw up, er make slight changes in lots this is a great thing to know...I thank you..... &apls
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

Pat

hey Duane your welcome and I look forward to be seeing your creations!!!

KatHuntoon

Nice tip.  Thanks Pat!  that will simplify things. . I had figured out to delete things one by one.. . this is so much better

noob Question. . .if you pick up a lot. . work on it and just save it. . how do you find it again in lot editor?. . when I click on the original name, with the (supposed)new features it comes up with only the original features.
I am able to see it in my doc/plugins. . .can I right-click and open with LE?
I think I am missing something here.

I love all the props to play with. . is there a simple way to see all the files that LE lists?