• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

HOw to build a nice slope

Started by jeronij, November 08, 2006, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

This is another old mini tutorial I found in the deeps of SCR.  Actually you can find several slope mod version in Simtropolis STEX.

Creating avenues on Mayor Jeroni´s way.

CHAPTER ONE

First think to do is to have a look to the link in my signature for SC4 Sculptors. In this thread you can find and download a fabulous (and already mentioned at the begining of this CJ) tool called BRF_TunnelAndSlopeMod-b.dat. If you dont have this, dont keep reading. For some unknown reason, this mod is only available in this thread. And a completely read of this topic is Highly recommended. <-- This is obsolete, read above.

You can also make some practice before start reading this, or start directly with it. But I repeat, without this tool, that kind of road building would be a nightmare.. Not impossible, but almost.

1.1 Lets go into situation. We need a terrain depression that allows a descending (or ascending) road. It can be directly terraformed with God mode tools. Nothing spectacular.

1.2 Some single road (white arrows) tiles at the begining and at the end, will guarantee flat land/road at the start and at the end of the road.

1.3 Lay the road from the top of the hill to the bottom (Red arrow shows right direction).The yellow shows the slope the road will get.

1.4 This first attempt looks nice, but it is still imperfect. There is still a too step angled tram of road.

1.5 Here is the detail of the situation. First at all demolish the two still incorrect road tiles. You can see now which tiles are the origin of this anomaly. Lets get rid of it.

1.6 Now lets use the Mayor mode terraforming tools to the thinnest diameter. (Shift+1). In this case you must click ONCE and only ONCE where the green circle is. Be careful because is really easy to double or triple click. Be very careful.

1.7 And repead step 1.6 in the tile next to the once flatted before. Remember to be carefully and click only once.

1.8 With only two clicks, we have now a credible sloped road.Maybe some aditional practice will be needed, but nithing impossible.

1.9 That is how it looks like from far. Almost perfect, but enough work for just this piece of road.

1.10 If you lay some roads adjacent to the new one, you can easily get nice sloped land.

CHAPTER TWO

2.1 You can use the diferent transit tools to make more or less sloped roads. I decide to use the avenue tool. You can notice the smoother slope of this tool. Lay in the arrow direction.

2.2 When you have a correct road/avenue, you can create pararell ones and the terrain will slope at your convenience. The white arrows shows how to completly flat the ending part of the slope.

2.3 Once the terrain is flat, use the same method indicated in 2.2 to make completely a flat land piece of terrain.

2.4 Just for fun. It would be a nightmare....

2.5 Once the terrain is leveled, lets place the tunnel entrance. Hole digging lots are used,

2.6 Lay a piece of avenue from the Digging tool to the avenue to create one of the tunnel entrance/exit.

2.7 And here we have the first big problem. A flat tile in the middle of the slope. We have now some alternatives.

2.8 The easy one is to place a perpendicular road or street or train. A crossing is ALWAYS completely flat in this game, and this could be a good solution.

I have been searching the rest of the tutorial without success...However I think this is enough to give you a main idea ;)

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jacqulina

Alfred.Jones

That is pretty cool Jeronij. Thanks :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

TheTeaCat

Wonderful tutorial! Great work! Easy to do too! :thumbsup:

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

rooker1

Very interesting, another great tutorial.  Thanks. &apls
Call me Robin, please.

glepet

I love your work. Thanks for the tutorial.