• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Badsim's showcase and uploads .

Started by Badsim, January 26, 2007, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toichus Maximus

Awesome! thanks so much for the fix! I can't wait to throw this in my tile!

Badsim

Thank you !  :thumbsup:

Well ... it should be my last SC4 ( not SC4Devotion ) day untill December ...

Have a gift for you , for the second SC4Devotion anniversary .
Something I had in mind since a long time - and finally took me a few minutes to create  $%Grinno$% - something I love so much in real world :

Sunflowers fields !  :)

So simple Lot !!!  $%Grinno$%

For my own use , I intend to make this prop a timed prop ...unfortunately I don't know if it would be possible to share this property with you . I would have to get an authorization from the creator to extract this prop from its prop pack and upload it as new prop ... ::)

Park&recreation menu .
1 symbolic Simoleon to plop .
No monthly cost.
No cost to buldoze.
Slope friendly .... if not "Bad surprise"  ::)

A single dependency :

- BSC MEGA Prop pack - CP Vol01 : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180

File attached at the end of this post .

Have fun . ;)

Cédric.

EDIT : File updated ; sunflowers are now timed for two harvests a year .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

It is a very simple LOT and yet it looks so good in game. 
Great idea.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

art128

this lot is very great Cédric, for sure, you must see that in my farms land  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jeronij

Very nice and effective lot  :thumbsup:

Btw, you dont need to extract any model from anywhere. You can create your modified exemplar file simply pointing to the model ID. Of course, this will make the original pack containing the model a dependency for your mod  ::)

Anyway, excellent addition indeed   &apls &apls
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

BarbyW

To make it a timed prop, Cedric, you only need to make new exemplars and use them to be timed. As the model will remain in the pack you are at liberty to make the exemplars and include them with your lot. There is never a problem with making new exemplars so long as the model is not included.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Andreas

Looking very nice - someone should make an actual field lot out of that. :)
Andreas

Orange_o_

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

sauron620

Thanks Cedric  :) Simple and beautiful  :thumbsup:

C'est vraiment Noël avant l'heure  ;)

bat

Yes, great work on that simple lot!!! :thumbsup:

jestarr

Andreas, that's the first thing I did. ;)  It's going to make a great farm. :thumbsup:

Badsim

File updated .

I have been the first surprised to be successful at the first attempt to create a new exemplar file and then make this prop timed . I'm so addicted to LotEditing that I don't really try to improve my modding level ... I should , as it is interesting !

Thanks to Barbara and Jeroni who have clarified me  the process to follow , Andreas ( I learned with one of your post in Modding threads how to create and save a new exemplar ) and Tage who taught me last year how to Mod a timed prop .  :thumbsup:

So these new sunflowers are timed . Maybe not in a realistic way with a first grow from March to the end of June and a second one from September to the end of December .... but I've had to choose between to be realistic and to be scenic .

Now , I've got more ideas to be realistic ; alternation of crops . On the same field tile , a first crop of sunflowers and a second one of wheat or corn or anything else . However , the inconvenience of such modding is that it would affect these props properties for all new farm using these props .... ::)

I'm going to test this , for my own use firstly .

Thanks for your attention .:thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

jeronij

QuoteNow , I've got more ideas to be realistic ; alternation of crops . On the same field tile , a first crop of sunflowers and a second one of wheat or corn or anything else . However , the inconvenience of such modding is that it would affect these props properties for all new farm using these props ....

This sounds like the logical next step  :thumbsup: . But I dont understand your last sentence. Since you are creating new exemplars, you can create as many as you need for every model ... one for plop lots and one for growable farms lots perhaps ;) ?

Sorry if I misunderstood you  ::)  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Pat

Cedric love the sunflower fields there as well wow!!! Hey is that a custom lotted logging/rail company there that you did or was that done by someone?  I really like it a lot, is it avaible anywhere per chance?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Badsim

The first "Alternate crops field" is running ....

January , February ...

March , April , May , June ...

July and August ...

September , October , November and December .

From that point , I'm going to create - and share - a set of various combinations ...

As you may already know , though , I'm busy for the month with my move for a new home . That said , I'll try to release it before to lose my Internet connection . Finally , if it's a long work , it's also a rather simple one .

Quote from: jeronij on November 06, 2008, 06:30:24 AM
This sounds like the logical next step  :thumbsup: . But I dont understand your last sentence. Since you are creating new exemplars, you can create as many as you need for every model ...

Can I create several new examplar files differently modded for the same prop ?  ... And what I mean is that when a prop is timed , each time I'll use this prop with LE , it will be affected by the mod so all those being already on various Lot (growing or not) in your Plugin Folder are affected as well . Isn't it the case ?  Such modding has still many mysteries for me !  ::)

Quote from: Pat on November 06, 2008, 11:54:52 AM
Hey is that a custom lotted logging/rail company there that you did or was that done by someone?  I really like it a lot, is it avaible anywhere per chance?

That's the sawmill I'm working on at AntigOne ... have started it from cogeo's Logistic Centers but almost everything has already been changed . And that's not finished !  ;D

Later .

Cédric .

Andreas

Quote from: Badsim on November 06, 2008, 01:22:56 PM
Can I create several new examplar files differently modded for the same prop ?  ... And what I mean is that when a prop is timed , each time I'll use this prop with LE , it will be affected by the mod so all those being already on various Lot (growing or not) in your Plugin Folder are affected as well . Isn't it the case ?  Such modding has still many mysteries for me !  ::)

Yes, you can create several exemplar files for the same model. For example, you can create one "regular" prop exemplar files and several ones that have seasonal and timed properties. Which one shows up on your lot is defined by the associated ID (this is what you actually pick from the list in the LE, a prop exemplar file with a certain ID, rather than the actual prop model).
Andreas

FrankU

Isn't it more logical if you would do:

october-february: empty field
march-may: plants without flowers
june-september: full flowers

Your logging industry lot is veeeery interesting! Show us more, please?

Amerikaner

Really some amazing work, its awe-inspiring. But personally the thing I find the most amazing isn't exactly these lots but those wonderful gravel roads you do, I mean I can't help but drool over every picture with the different things you do with them. So my real question I guess would be... how do you do them?? Anyway once again this stuff is a masterpiece.  &apls &apls

Fatsuhono

Hi Cédric-san, wonderful the new lots! I can't wait to try them out in my cities. And that rail-yard: it is perfect also! And the picture of the semi-truck/trailer on that path a few page back, is just gorgeous. Lovely work my friend! :) :thumbsup: