• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Driftmaster, what a skyscraper forest near sea :D
Eliteforce - I see, you have not much space to build big city  ;)

And next time so unfinished. :D To north from the city.

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Eliteforce

kbieniu- I love the look of your farms and the forests, very realistic! &apls

Nothing wrong with making cities in the mountains, provides a challenge, sort of.

I've changed the northern side to include more water and detail.
The population is about 700,000 now. With 540k commercial and 130k ind.

Full size

vtm.vic

This is my city - Metropolis. I've been building it for more than two years.
VTM

tag_one

kbieniu7

Looks nice. You've put a lot of work into it  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

This is the developed portion of Adara as of completing the third tile.  Warning, this file is quite large (7 mb)!

kbieniu7

vtm.vic

VTM

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

djvandrake

Looks great Battlecat.  Outstanding!  &apls

Earth quake

Rady

I'm impressed by all these big regions ... it ust have been years to create them ... they are like an RL satellite image!

The more I see, the more I get motivated, so here's my starting point.

If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

jonno

Ok, I want people's opinion on this one.  I use one giant region.  I am going to increase the size of this region, and do some more terraforming.  I'm going to add more tiles onto the right side of the map.  What I can't decide is whether to keep with the mountain theme of the island, or maybe go for flatter and have some winding rivers and plains.  I will possibly remove the small island covered with cities because I transplanted it there from another region and it doesn't really belong, or fit in (Although the 1.5 million sims really helped keep high density demand up).  The region is currently 12 X 12 of the largest cities, and I think i will increase it to 12 X 18.  Anyone have any suggestions which direction I should go?  Comments and criticisms welcome.

Moe31

Really beautiful Jonno! And so impressive! I hope that lot of people will download it!

Earth quake

Beautiful Overview of the region.

SeanSC4

Great mountains there jonno! What terrain mod are you using to get those grey cliffs?

jonno

Thanks everyone.  For terrain mods, looking at my plugins folder, I have a mixture of CPT Olympic and CPT Italia Terrain mods, and JRN_PEG_Limestone for the cliff faces.

I am in the process of expanding the region right now.  I'll post the picture when I'm finished.

ecoba

That's an amazing region view, jonno.

That terraforming is quite amazing.

But, please, resize that image to a minimum of 1025x768, as right now, it is causing a sideways scroll.

Ethan

SeanSC4

Since everyone here has given me so much inspiration I figure it's appropriate to show some of my own results.

Here's a hand-terraformed canyon area of one of the regions I'm working on using only the in-game tools.  This is a 4x4 portion of the total 12x12 large tile size region.

SeanSC4

Quote from: M4346 on July 24, 2009, 09:51:34 AM
My testing region "Riversdale" with the town of Pilgrim's Rest in the South and the suburbs of Hillcrest and Kromdraai in the northern parts. Further north the city of Richmond will be developed in the future, as well as more "modern" developments on the eastern side of the river.

I love the effect you achieved with those hills! They look so great.