• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Bipin also made some guard rails, not a mod though so you'll have to plop them alongside. Also, the filedropper links seems to be broken but iirc he later re-re-uploaded them to google drive but I can't find the link. In other words, dig through the thread. 
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Nice work Samerton! I always loved the look of those. If you're feeling extra ambitious you could do a version of the 6/8C smooth curved with those baked in :P

Great work everyone  &apls

natespf

@Catalyst - Very nice, I am going to need to copy this coming up soon.  :thumbsup:

@compdude787 - I have actually come on and admired your latest post a few times and just do not know what to say. Great job fitting in all the right pieces.  Though I don't work with that high of capacity, it is quite helpful to see how the pieces can be used.

@isii94 - That's what I was thinking.  It's basically a truck stop town with tons of cheap land and no justification for a fancy interchange.

I am glad to see plenty of people still playing this game, and grateful for those continuing to make it a better game.  Keep up the good work everybody  ;D

And while I am here a special thanks to Haljackey and MandelSoft whose YouTube videos finally helped me to understand how to play this game right.  &apls

vinlabsc3k

If I don't remember bad, &Thk/( Bipin had in project to produce a guardrails set for Lots and T21, but was before summer.
Now I lost the page, &ops here or on Simtropolis, where we talk about it, (Thanks vortext) but you can try to PM him to ask for the progress or if he abandoned it. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Gayowulf

Lately I've been trying to build REALLY tight RHW interchanges. Here's my latest:

It's still massively overscaled for a dense urban core, but it's moving in the right direction! Even if it does look a little like a swastika. &ops
Goodness me, it's been a while.
Once upon a (very long) time (ago) I was working on Calidore: A Steampunk Experiment... maybe that will happen again someday.

If you're thinking I used to have a different name on here... I did. It still me!

compdude787

Awesome-looking turbine interchange! That is probably the most compact thing you can get with the RHW at this point. I bet a stack interchange would take up more space! :P
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Durfsurn

Well this is what I have been doing recently. It gives a little insight into my next project for my MD as well ;). I did go against my general rule of not using those tight Pre-NAM32 transition pieces but I had limited space. I think it fits the area nicely. Further south there is a complex Volleyball/Roundabout Hybrid interchange of an expressway (East/West), a second expressway (further east North/South) and freeway (North/South). There a couple of missing links, namely you can't go northbound off the roundabout interchange continuing north but I figure most traffic will actually be heading North-West or East to the suburbs. It is also a medium sized mosiac and still clocks in at a tick under 4 MB (1333x1497) so warning there :).

-Billy

EDIT: I realise I can make that missing connection I mentioned just looking at it now, so it is fixed. :)

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: Durfsurn on October 30, 2014, 06:57:15 AM
snip...

-Billy

EDIT: I realise I can make that missing connection I mentioned just looking at it now, so it is fixed. :)

Great interchange Durf!! :thumbsup:

A little tip: convert the internal MIS in NW-SE with RHW4, In the game functionality is useless, but it's more visually appealing. ;)

compdude787

Well this is what I have been doing recently. It gives a little insight into my next project for my MD as well ;). I did go against my general rule of not using those tight Pre-NAM32 transition pieces but I had limited space. I think it fits the area nicely. Further south there is a complex Volleyball/Roundabout Hybrid interchange of an expressway (East/West), a second expressway (further east East/West) and freeway (North/South). There a couple of missing links, namely you can't go northbound off the roundabout interchange continuing north but I figure most traffic will actually be heading North-West or East to the suburbs. It is also a medium sized mosiac and still clocks in at a tick under 4 MB (1333x1497) so warning there :).

[pic]

-Billy

Looks nice! I can't wait to see development in there! You probably should widen the freeway bridge across the river to RHW-6, because of the fact that traffic from three directions converges on that bridge. There is an L2 ramp piece for RHW-6S where one lane exits or enters the freeway. That way, you can have a weaving lane between the roundabout interchange and the one on the north side of the river.

Also, I believe there's an L2 MIS bridge, so instead of having to put the avenue go into another tunnel under the MIS, you can just have the L2 MIS go right over it and become a bridge.

My YouTube Channel

noahclem

Exciting project Durfsurn  &apls  I'll forgive the abrupt height transition as it took me forever to actually find it :D  (plus its not really you're fault there's no L1 flexfly yet). The roundabout interchange right next to the volleyball seems a smidge like overkill though. Is that Selous terrain mod?   $%#Ninj2

Alafel, great work   &apls  Certainly not "massively" over-scaled for an inner-city junction and not sure it's over-scaled at all. If anything it'd tend to have more parking or other stuff below it and more elevated ramps if it was more realistically inner-city and high-capacity. More merging lanes would be nice from my perspective. I'm just trying to resist the challenge to make a highway junction as small as possible as I think it would take a lot of my time but result in nothing any smaller than what you've been able to make ;)

Durfsurn

Quote from: noahclem on October 30, 2014, 04:07:29 PM
Exciting project Durfsurn  &apls  I'll forgive the abrupt height transition as it took me forever to actually find it :D  (plus its not really you're fault there's no L1 flexfly yet). The roundabout interchange right next to the volleyball seems a smidge like overkill though. Is that Selous terrain mod?   $%#Ninj2
Yes while I can't wait for mor L1 stuff, I do convert that to L1 it will still require some rejigging. I the volleyball/roundabout mess, tbh I was playing around with something and it is unlikely to stay, however the East West road will remain expressway. Nope it is not the Selous terrain, actually Heblem's California I think :)

Quote from: compdude787 on October 30, 2014, 11:32:17 AM
Well this is what I have been doing recently. It gives a little insight into my next project for my MD as well ;). I did go against my general rule of not using those tight Pre-NAM32 transition pieces but I had limited space. I think it fits the area nicely. Further south there is a complex Volleyball/Roundabout Hybrid interchange of an expressway (East/West), a second expressway (further east East/West) and freeway (North/South). There a couple of missing links, namely you can't go northbound off the roundabout interchange continuing north but I figure most traffic will actually be heading North-West or East to the suburbs. It is also a medium sized mosiac and still clocks in at a tick under 4 MB (1333x1497) so warning there :).

[pic]

-Billy

Looks nice! I can't wait to see development in there! You probably should widen the freeway bridge across the river to RHW-6, because of the fact that traffic from three directions converges on that bridge. There is an L2 ramp piece for RHW-6S where one lane exits or enters the freeway. That way, you can have a weaving lane between the roundabout interchange and the one on the north side of the river.

Also, I believe there's an L2 MIS bridge, so instead of having to put the avenue go into another tunnel under the MIS, you can just have the L2 MIS go right over it and become a bridge.

I know there is an L2 MIS bridge but it would be difficult to use over on the north bank. I also don't think there will be a need for three lanes because while this will be a large city of over 200,000 people, there is a secondary bridge south of this area leading to the downtown island. Weaving lanes are something I refrain from ever doing :).

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on October 30, 2014, 09:46:27 AM
snip...

-Billy

Great interchange Durf!! :thumbsup:

A little tip: convert the internal MIS in NW-SE with RHW4, In the game functionality is useless, but it's more visually appealing. ;)

I actually like the MIS running through the middle of the interchange.

-Billy

MandelSoft

So, it took me three hours to get this ready:

A full turbine interchange, using only on-slope transitions and no cheating with sharp bends, steep slopes and Flex-fly (RHW-4 ramps all the way!)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Gugu3

vinlabsc3k

Great Interchange Mandel!! :thumbsup:

But to avoid the hump on the MIS, you can use the A1 diagonal ramp. ;)

tomatentobi

great stuff here as always! &apls

here's my newest project:

dyoungyn

Here is a simple one I created in an urban area that I like.  Thanks to NAM32, this would not have been possible;  please look closely why I say this.

dyoungyn

compdude787

You used the draggable 7.5m overpasses. I love using those!

My YouTube Channel

dyoungyn

You hit it on the nail.  My only complaint with this is I cannot add Traffic Lights or RHW 4.

compdude787

Quote from: dyoungyn on November 12, 2014, 04:10:03 PM
You hit it on the nail.  My only complaint with this is I cannot add Traffic Lights or RHW 4.

You can add traffic lights on each end by dragging OWR stubs through the avenue where the ramps intersect.

My YouTube Channel