• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

I finally finished this junction.

Click for full size.

Original design did not have the westbound connection

Here's what it looked like before expansion. Just a simple curve back then

Large mosaic:

Original design:

Haljackey

New interchange and highway connection.

Click pics for full size.

Initial design

Due to traffic congestion, widened outer ramps to 2 lanes

Eyecandy added

This highway ends at a parclo made with RHW 4.0. Upgraded the connections before terminating it into an avenue

Zoom out.

Durfsurn

Well, diagonals... (warning - big mosaic - 5mb)

Click for full size (or Right Click, Open in New Tab - for better viewing)

-Billy

EDIT:
Want to know how to do those diagonal overpasses/bridges? Here or here.

art128

Some really nice work with the diagonals... But while you're at it:

Can you consider something like this? The long bridge over the water isn't really aesthetic... ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Durfsurn

Quote from: art128 on September 22, 2014, 02:09:05 AM
Some really nice work with the diagonals... But while you're at it:
<snip>

Can you consider something like this? The long bridge over the water isn't really aesthetic... ;)

I know it doesn't look nice - or very realistic. I have been contemplating ending it before the shore and making it follow the coast.
Thanks for the feedback though :)

-Billy

GuntherVKW

Hi All,

New here.  This is a high capacity windmill interchange I created by tweaking the windmill interchange created by McDuell and posted by Haljackey here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14069.msg422936#msg422936.

Hope you all like it...minor changes essentially made this a 8S capacity interchange.  I'm not sure if this interchange has been submitted before.

This is my second ever interchange I have created using NAM.  This game has been sitting on my shelf for a long time and I recently resurrected it.  I used to play SimCity 2000 back in the 90s...boy things have changed since then.

joshua43214

Great looking windmill!
Even more impressive that it is your second attempt.
You should play around with the fractional angle stuff, those north entrance ramps would look even better with FAR

Nosimx

There is a hidden gem called 10S-C3 ramp, which allows for a RHW-6S T-Intersection:

natespf

Hi all, long time reader first time poster.  I got a new computer a while back and started fresh with SC4, this time with a lot more mods (not much more than the NAM previously)  ;D

This time I went with Symphony, and here is a gateway city where I have been testing out using it with RHW.  I keep tweaking it as the neighboring cities add connections.

compdude787

Looking good so far! :)

The only thing I'd suggest is to use the PS cloverleaf loop ramps for your cloverleaf interchange along with the elevated ramps to make your cloverleaf look more compact and just nicer (and not so close to the folded diamond interchange to the west).
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

natespf

Quote from: compdude787 on October 17, 2014, 11:32:48 AM

The only thing I'd suggest is to use the PS cloverleaf loop ramps for your cloverleaf interchange along with the elevated ramps to make your cloverleaf look more compact and just nicer (and not so close to the folded diamond interchange to the west).

Thanks.  I am not sure which ramps you are talking about, I am still learning the different highway tab rings.

In this city I kinda want to do a bigger waste-o-space clover leaf.  With that I am thinking about combining the double entrance and exits on the west side into one that splits.  But I would like to have something more compact in a neighboring city.

compdude787

Quote from: natespf on October 17, 2014, 06:13:04 PM

Thanks.  I am not sure which ramps you are talking about, I am still learning the different highway tab rings.

They're in the PS curves menu (the one at the very bottom of the highways menu). I believe they're last on the tab ring so press Shift-Tab to get to them.

My YouTube Channel

compdude787

Okay, I finally finished this sucker. I've been working on it sporadically for, I don't know, the past few weeks. Anyway here it is:

Zoom in:

So yeah, this is on a medium-sized city tile, so it takes up the SW quadrant of the tile. I basically sketched it out on paper beforehand and tried to replicate it as well as I could in-game. I had to sacrifice a connection from eastbound to southbound because it was just too much of a pain to try and fit in (I wanted to have a cloverleaf loop ramp), and it would probably work better once I have a certain feature that will be available in NAM 33. The highways going south and the one going east meet up again in the city tile to the south, so it's not a big deal to be missing this one connection.

Although there was much rage-quitting after an hour of work on this interchange, no computer equipment was harmed in its construction. :)

EDIT: Oops, just realized I forgot to turn off the grid. Funny how you never notice these things while you're taking the screenshots in-game. :P

My YouTube Channel

natespf

Quote from: compdude787 on October 18, 2014, 11:20:17 AM
Quote from: natespf on October 17, 2014, 06:13:04 PM

They're in the PS curves menu (the one at the very bottom of the highways menu). I believe they're last on the tab ring so press Shift-Tab to get to them.

Thanks again, I'll definitely need to use those in another city where space is crucial.  :thumbsup:

Here is what I ended up with trying to separate some of the entrances/exits.  After a couple "Quit without Saving"s and a few compromises  $%Grinno$%

isii94

@compdude787: This looks awesome  :thumbsup:  And don't worry about the size, that's what these interchanges are in reality, too.
As this is more like a "construction" picture the grid isn't out of place at all.

@natespf: Compared to the previously shown pictures these interchanges are a huge improvement. The cloverleaf's (although I hate these things) loop ramps finally have a reasonable radius now and some of the worst weaving issues are sorted out.  :thumbsup:
I dare say that the roundabout interchange maintains a better traffic flow than the DDI and at the same time takes up less space, that's why I usually use these, they look better with RHW 6S D1 slip roads, though.
Realistically seen you should use the PS cloverleaf ramps only in dense cities, because cloverleafs are actually supposed to be cheap, that's why you usually don't put the ramps on pylons.
MD coming soon...

vinlabsc3k

Great Interchange/Intersection to all!! &apls &apls &apls
With the NAM 32, most of the previously constructed interchanges are more feasable and with the NAM 33, the number will increase. &hlp

@Durfsun: The images aren't visible! :'(
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Catalyst

@ compdude787: Looks great! I want a screenshot with cars on all 3 levels at the central intersection ::)

For some reason RHW interchanges always look empty to me, it's not the missing cars but I think it's because there are no guardrails. I know they're not very common in the USA but in europe a highway mandatorily (per forza) has guardrails...
Does anybody know if there are any guardrail/safety barrier mods? I simpy can't find any, not even ploppable lots.

A blank, lonely Highway:

compdude787

Quote from: isii94 on October 20, 2014, 12:13:25 AM
@compdude787: This looks awesome  :thumbsup:  And don't worry about the size, that's what these interchanges are in reality, too.
As this is more like a "construction" picture the grid isn't out of place at all.

Thanks, isii! It was the most difficult interchange I've made, and hopefully it'll look less lonely once I get some development around it. :P

Quote from: Catalyst on October 24, 2014, 10:19:00 AM
@ compdude787: Looks great! I want a screenshot with cars on all 3 levels at the central intersection ::)
Yeah, I'll probably post pics of these developed interchanges in my MD once development happens.

Quote from: Catalyst on October 24, 2014, 10:19:00 AM
For some reason RHW interchanges always look empty to me, it's not the missing cars but I think it's because there are no guardrails. I know they're not very common in the USA but in europe a highway mandatorily (per forza) has guardrails...
Does anybody know if there are any guardrail/safety barrier mods? I simpy can't find any, not even ploppable lots.

A blank, lonely Highway:
[snip]
I like what you did with that black-and-white shot! Looks pretty cool.

Guardrails would be nice to have in the RHW, but there's no mod that adds them on every stretch of the network. The closest thing I can think of is a mod on the STEX that MandelSoft made that replaces the concrete jersey barriers on the RHW-6C network with steel crash barriers.

My YouTube Channel

MandelSoft

The mod that you linked doesn't work any more since the NAM 31. So far, there are no more RHW barrier mods available, sadly.

I usually decorate my RHW interchanges with streetlights and signs. That usually helps...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

samerton

Barriers, you say?

I've been updating Maarten's old models to v31+