• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Needs a NAM version, if only so it doesn't cause hover-crashes.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

j-dub

No argument there, however I don't see this happening anytime soon, even though I have seen others use bripizza's work too often.

McDuell

Some last non-yet-NAM31 interchanges from me while there is still time for them. Warning: there will be a bunch of images! :)

Let's start easy with two ortho x diagonal interchanges:

Two different setups with FARHW. The main highways in the trumpet and parclo junction actually line up and could be built seamlessly with FARHW pieces if there were no interchange.

An elevated basketweave with integrated connection to local road and a diagonal clovermill. The texture errors in the basketweave are purely cosmetical, the pathing itself is continuous.

Here are two 4-way interchanges with and without tunnels and full-directional left turn ramps.

I started the next 4-way interchange as a 3-way T-bone interchange and afterwards added the northbound branch to make the interchange look like having been built in two tranches. The second interchange basically consists of 3 individual 3-way interchanges and features no weaving.

It gradually gets more complicated. What if one of the highways has collector/distributor lanes? Or both? Having both interchanging highways featuring C/D lanes, a full interchange quickly can become quite messy.

And last but not least, I couldn't leave the old 6-ways alone, so I built another one, just for the fun of it.  ;D

Enjoy  :)
----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

spot

good job. I love the second 4-directional!

Patricius Maximus

Today I made what will likely be my last RHW 5.0 interchange - a semi-directional T interchange, in close proximity to a partial roundabout interchange. I've been getting the maximum use out of the existing RHW before the release of the next version.

Shroud

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with using NAM 31.

Patricius Maximus

My first interchange using NAM 31 components:

Wiimeiser

How did you connect the MIS to the roundabout? Because I can't.

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on March 02, 2013, 06:03:09 AM
How did you connect the MIS to the roundabout? Because I can't.

I use the starterless pieces. If that doesn't help you, you should post a picture of what you're trying to do.

Dantes

Wiimeiser

Yeah, I figured it out, it would've been something obvious...

itsacoaster

Thought I'd share a decent attempt at a RHW-8S T-interchange with NAM 31.  The L1 and L2 bridges come in handy here.  It's not perfect but it's at least a proof of concept.
Edit:  I think that when the L2 RHW stability is improved, I will be able to take the E.B. to N.B. ramp diagonally under the L2 RHW-4 overpass to avoid the sharp corner.

Shadow Assassin

You should already be able to take that ramp diagonally underneath already, though. But yes, stability on L2 needs a bit of work.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

itsacoaster

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on March 04, 2013, 04:08:36 PM
You should already be able to take that ramp diagonally underneath already, though. But yes, stability on L2 needs a bit of work.
By George, you're right.  I got it confused with diagonal RHW-4 L2 over RHW (which failed for me before) so I didn't even try it.  Thanks for the suggestion, I think this looks a lot better.
I'll get the hang of the new NAM eventually....

io_bg

Playing with the new NAM... I'll have to rework this one tomorrow :P

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

io_bg

Okay, in the end it appeared that the railway shouldn't go there so I removed it. The intersection ended up being a parclo one.

Here's another one from the same motorway:

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

spot

Wiimeiser

I fixed your link - Robin

teddyrised

This is more of a proof-of-concept interchange than a real one designed for use in my cities :)