• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Kingdom of Ruritania - Updated 5th Jan (pg.4)

Started by Revol, September 14, 2007, 11:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Stormont

Absolutely fantastic Revol, a wonderful update and so good to see two nations making such big moves to reconciliation. A fabulous update both from yourself and Hubert. Great work.   :satisfied:

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

rooker1

That was a great update.  I love this city.  Your canals, tram lines and over all setup are superbly done. Great eye for details.

&apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

ElPhantasmo69

Wow! That's one of the best updates I've seen in a long time from any MD! Fantastic work!

sebes

Perfect update and a fascinating story (as I also commented in Strech's MD). The concept of one war and two stories is absolute fantastic worked out by both of you. Good job  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Emperor Stormont

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Strechnitz

Ah, I see that new moves on the diplomatic front ;D
your ministry of foreign affairs will have a busy winter I guess :thumbsup:

Strechnitz.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

Pat

WoW I think this is my first visit to this fine kingdom and im delighted with my stop here Revol!!! You have a wonderful colaberation going on with Stretch and Strophon.... I will be back for more - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Revol

Replies!

Emperor Stormont - Thank you very much!  :) And for the diplomatic letter to Ruritania, I am really  honoured! I have made a letter in reply, and will post a pic of the Atlantis embassy in Streslau very soon!  :)

rooker1 - Thank you!  :) All of those details really take time, especially when the GLR tends to make the game crash every time I want to lay it  :D

ElPhantasmo69 - Wow, thank you, I really appreciate it!

sebes - Thanks, it was a long time in the planning, but it was really worth it. It was great fun to do.  :)

Strechnitz - Yep  ;D Eva Von Hentzau is working overtime these days  ;)

Pat - Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the kingdom!  :)

Revol

Here are some shots of the new embassy for the Imperial Kingdom of Atlantis in Streslau! 'Stormont Haus' has recently been renovated, and the top floors are occupied by the embassy. It is located appropriately on 'Dame May McFettridge street', named after the Ulster born opera diva who wowed 1920's Ruritanian audiences with her wonderful deep voice ;)

The embassy is situated on the south bank of the river Dracu, in the old town district of Bardu.

Dame May McFettridge circa 1934...

;D

Emperor Stormont

QuoteDame May McFettridge

LOL OMG love it, LOL  :thumbsup:

I'm sure many are wondering what the hell that is about, which makes it even funnier.  :D

I have your embassy already complete, but I have flu and SC4 play has had to stop for just a short time. I'll update before Christmas though.  :satisfied:

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

suplado!

cool pics...especially the banners...lol!! the town looks great -- and what's that bat on the canal!?

Pat

ooooooh yea Revol i have enjoyed my trip to the kingdom and this last trip was no diffrent i enjoyed it again!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Yoman

Suplado - Its a rail barge by Jestarr, believe its been relotted though as the original was on old simgoober water.

Revol - Excellent update there, I like the location of the embassy as well as the area. The way the tram snakes through the buildings s great (don't they complain about no street though? Sc4 I mean, with the no street zots, if they complained about not having a street in the city that would mean they're just lazy, can't walk a block :P)

Is the flag on the embassy a prop or photoshopped, it looks excellent.

bat

Wonderful pictures of the embassy there!
Great area around it! :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Eva has a scary signature... :P

In any case, I like how the city is built. I'm sure you'll find me a regular visitor (that includes lurking) in the future. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Revol

Replies!

Emperor Stormont -  :D Glad you liked that little in-joke  ;) And take your time with the embassy, there's no rush! Get well soon!

suplado! - Thanks, I'm glad you like it! :) Yoman answered your question in his reply, and yes I put the boat prop on Cals canal base.

Pat - Thanks!  ;D You are always welcome!

Yoman - Thanks very much! :) The sims don't complain on that street, because all of the buildings are plopped landmarks, but yes it is annoying how they feel the need to always have to drive everywhere ;) And the flag is photoshopped.

bat - Thanks!  :)

Shadow Assassin - Yes indeed she does, a sign of things to come perhaps? ;)

ElPhantasmo69

Nice update - I love the building you chose for the embassy. Did Dame McFettridge fall out of the ugly tree? And hit every branch on the way down? Cause, DAMN, she ugly!

threeswept

Wow! This is awesome and my kind of town! It's really gorgeous!

Strechnitz

Why stop partying after new year?

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

Revol

Sightseeing

The Royal Harem and Kabaret Distrikt

Located deep in the Neustadt (New Town) area of Streslau is the 'Royal Harem'. The former 16th century palace of the Ottoman rulers of Ruritania. When King Nikolas I liberated the city from the Ottoman army, he discovered the personal harem of the Ottoman governor of Streslau, Abdul Gul. King Nikolas wisely decided to keep this Ottoman tradition alive in Ruritania, and the Royal Harem became the personal recreational palace of the Kings of Streslau from that day forward.

Abdul Gul, Ottoman Governor of Streslau, circa 1660.

The Royal Harem as it looks today.

In the 19th century all things Oriental became very fashionable. And the Royal Harem became a major tourist attraction for Ruritania. The lower floors were opened to the public, mostly artists, poets, writers, rakes and other wastrels who greatly enjoyed the dancing of the semi clad (and non clad) beauties who resided within. The upper floor however was reserved for the king himself, and his personal harem of the most beautiful girls from all over the world.

The famous ladies of the Royal Harem, circa 1870.

Harem guard in traditional Oriental costume, circa 1850.

The interior of the Harem today.

The ladies of the Harem often became quite famous (or infamous) in their own right. King Rudolph IV notoriously married his beautiful young Irish concubine, Mary-Lousie O'Brien. Which caused a huge scandal in polite Ruritanian society. Duchess Maria-Louisa, as she became known, was a powerful figure in royal circles, much to the consternation of the establishment.

Duchess Maria-Louisa when she was a Harem girl for King Rudolph IV.

A rear view of the Harem, with the Streslau Television Tower in the foreground.

Today the Royal Harem is in part of the city known as the Kabaret Distrikt. This area is known for it's nightclubs, cabaret clubs and famous burlesque shows. The Harem is still a very popular tourist attraction, where visitors can dine on fine cuisine, relax in the heated pools and watch the exotic belly dancers. The top floor still remains closed to the public however...

A modern day Harem girl.

The world famous burlesque and cabaret clubs of the district attract tourists from all over the world.

The Kabaret Distrikt buzzes with life after dark...

;D