• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rural Renewal Project

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 11, 2007, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacqulina

wow chris this is fantastic progress the fences are looking awesome as do the paths,the ditch and flora is amazing awesome work &apls &apls &apls

SimNation

Nice work on the water fungal/plant growth that would even look good for areas that you could say are dried water creeks put a lil bit of rocks in the middle as well and you got urself a dried creek/river bed. The flora just keeps getting better and better. Makes it look more like the ground actually has life to it...any chance you might make cotten tails and dried grass as well?  Great work so far and the fences look great next to that road. &apls

RON-E

OMG!!!! I want this stuff so bad! this would fit in great with Parkland! you are doing such an amazing job on these things!

Diggis

Hey chris, sorry I haven't been in touch about the MML.  I'll have a look at it early next week hopefully. 

Chrisadams3997

No hurry Diggis, just get to it when you can.  I'll send you a few more files to add when I get around to it.

Chris

RippleJet

Chris, this is simply amazing! &apls

Feels like it was just recently I saw the first fences you posted on page one...

And now, I suddenly had seven unread pages to go through, and...  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

pvarcoe

Watching this thread is wonderful and painful all at the same time.
Painful only in the sense that I can't wait  ;)

Wonderful work Chris, hugely impressive.

Chrisadams3997

Really appreciate all the compliments everyone :thumbsup:.

Just to answer a few questions, As I round out the whole ditch/stream project, I'd like to make smaller versions of several of the present ploppable water flora's out there.  It's extremely easy, I'll need to get the original textures from thier creators.  I'll also be working on several new textures with and without flora, though no permanent decisions have been made on it.

At any rate, that'll all come once I've got a few other projects finished and out of the way.

Chris

Pat

chris you have made my day..... i cant wait to see you start the progress on the revamping of the PW flora..

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Gaston

Hey Chris,
    Here is a couple of images of the fences.   Man do they look great in this application.   (Sorry it is a PNG image and not JPG.   I can't seem to make Clip@Pic work.)

[/img]http://A bit farther away:

[/img]

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Chrisadams3997

Nice to see them in use, and in ways I wouldn't have thought of.

They also look good next to that PEG(if I'm not mistaken) road base texture.

Chris

Gaston

QuoteThey also look good next to that PEG(if I'm not mistaken) road base texture.

Yes I believe you are correct.     ;D

---Gaston

CRAP -  I just notice I left the dang grids on.   Sheesh that is such a noob mistake.    &ops
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Ennedi

Gaston showed fences, and I would like to show you how beautiful looks Chris' wildflowers.

I blended them with Jeronij's grass on a few pictures.

Edit: these pictures are not photoshopped (contrast very slightly improved) - I want to make everything as is

Look how good it blends with the terrain mod's textures

And here you can see Chris' and Italia Terrain mod's yellow flowers together:

Here is my imitation of the dwarfpine on the slope - without Chris' wildflowers...

...And with them

And at the end - the forest road  :thumbsup:

It will be something great - thank you Chris!  &apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

WOW omg Adam that is freakin sweet.... I love your use of the road and the flora wow im total drolling now here and awaiting the release of these.......

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Andreas

Oh my, those last shots are incredible! :o Together with Cycledogg's terrain mods and his trees, this is taking SC4 to yet another new level. Are the "dwarfpines" also part of Chris' pack? It's amazing how a game called "SimCity" is able to create such beautiful landscapes, without the slightest hint of a city. Spectacular work!  :thumbsup:
Andreas

Serkanner

The picture Forest Road would be an instant winner in the picture competitions here on Devotion ... what a beauty!!!  :thumbsup:

Ennedi

Quote from: Andreas on September 28, 2007, 02:58:22 PM
Are the "dwarfpines" also part of Chris' pack?

No, it is a swamp tree fom one of old tree sets (now I don't remember wchich one).
As for "dwarfpine" - it is the last flora level (except grass) in some Alpine areas, Tatra Mountains in Poland and all Carpathian Mountains.

I asked some people for help and making something like it, but without results. So I had to imitate it and the swamp tree is the only one wchich can be used in this case, but it is far from ideal $%Grinno$%

Quote from: Serkanner on September 28, 2007, 03:03:17 PM
The picture Forest Road would be an instant winner in the picture competitions here on Devotion ... what a beauty!!!  :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for such nice words, but:
1. This picture was only possible thanks to Chris' work, especially wise choosen collection of road pieces
2. I think I shouldn't give this picture to the Competition before this set will be released ::)
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Andreas

Well, for a "swamp tree", it looks very nice as dwarf pine. :) If you happen to find the pack where it came from, please tell me.
Andreas

Ennedi

Quote from: Andreas on September 28, 2007, 03:31:06 PM
Well, for a "swamp tree", it looks very nice as dwarf pine. :) If you happen to find the pack where it came from, please tell me.

Andreas, it's a shame, but I don't know...
I have it from a very long time, I think it comes with one of old prop packs. An icon description is made in the same manner as SFBT Props/ Arkenberge Joe Baeume, but I checked this file and there isn't a swamp tree there.

New Horizons Productions

figui

wow &apls
those pictures are GREAT!
Quote from: Andreas on September 28, 2007, 02:58:22 PM
It's amazing how a game called "SimCity" is able to create such beautiful landscapes, without the slightest hint of a city.
:D really.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________