• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Texture conflict - how do I fix this?

Started by ElPhantasmo69, September 05, 2007, 01:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElPhantasmo69

The pictures speak for themselves - at zoom level 5 (and only zoom 5) the textures for the airplanes are really screwed up. Obviously it's a conflict somewhere, but what can be done to fix this?

MIncroabl

Try getting the texture fix from the official site.

cogeo

RippleJet

That's some valuable information, Cogeo! :thumbsup:
Do you think you could post that information in the B.A.T. Tutorials section, Cogeo?
Finding it in NEBB's dead thread later on will be difficult...

cogeo

Sure, though some members might disagree, as I suggest using the "old" script. "New" things are supposed to be better, which is not always true.
I'm going to add another short tutorial on how to fix corrupted gmax files.
Should these go directly under the BAT Tutorials section? They aren't exactly "tutorials", they are mostly "troubleshooting" - technical ones. Or maybe add a "B.A.T. Troubleshooting: " prefix in the threads' titles.

ElPhantasmo69

Great information, thanks! I'm going to try it tonight. This has to be the answer as I only installed the texture "fix" yesterday and found the problem almost immediately. I guess I'll need to re-download the BAT as I didn't bother to make a backup of the ModelNames.ms file. Duuuhhhhhhhh!

RippleJet

Quote from: cogeo on September 05, 2007, 03:08:07 PM
Should these go directly under the BAT Tutorials section? They aren't exactly "tutorials", they are mostly "troubleshooting" - technical ones. Or maybe add a "B.A.T. Troubleshooting: " prefix in the threads' titles.

I'm sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, Cogeo.
I think that was when my computer crashed, when I was going to, and then I forgot to reply after that... &ops

Tutorials are for troubleshooting as well and this is certainly good enough for a tutorial!
It could very well be the first entry in the section B.A.T. Rendering Tutorials :thumbsup: