• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WEST END

Started by paroch, September 01, 2007, 03:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simpson

Yeh my friend nice update as well  &apls
I really love your golf, great work :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

warconstruct

As always my friend, of splendid image of West End   &apls

You must know with qu' it fills with enthusiasm I awaits next the update.

Paul
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

sebes

Paul - it's great comming back in West End after a loooooooooooooong absence!  I missed quite some fun again (and missed the drinks on Shaun again - will they ever get real for me??)

Well, Piccadilly turned out to be a great city with a fantastic golf course. The shots made from the quad show soo much great details, I can watch them forever (but won't.. have a husband to pay some attention too as well  ;).  The rugby ground for example... simple in structure, making it very realistic, but yet great in details that you fit in there.

Update 61 made me realise how diverse you play this game. Although my favorite styles will always be historic downtowns, monotonous suburbs, busy indusries and port zones, and lots of roads and rails, you seem to be able to make it all, rural, golflands, beaches, CBD's... man I envie you. Your experiment with the waterways and watertextures turned out excellent - I fell in love with the picture showing the aquaduct (61.08). Connecting the airport shuttle with the monorail is great: I did that as well with the HSRP in one of my cities in Nieuw Amsterdam.

Unfortunately I missed the Continental Golf tournament. If I miss the enrollment again, and if you're short of contributors, feel free to throw Nieuw Nederland in it! (and not only because I know now that North America won :P)

The plans with the corrupted quads are very promissing. I cannot wait to see how New Oxford, New Regent and New Great Portland will be rebuild, as well as the airport. Reason for me to stay tuned as ever to your MD....

Take care.

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

paroch

I guess I have to start by saying sorry for the length of time it's taken me to reply to all your posts – I have had a week on holiday (in Menorca, the island next door to Jeroni's home of Mallorca) and then just not found enough time to really devote to SC4.

Adam:  Your posts are always great fun and I love the way you find those photos to compliment the updates.  It's always good to see you here and I'm glad you enjoyed the golf enough to encourage its development in Shosaloza  ;)

Pat:  When you say "did I make the golf course", I didn't bat it, but it came in a pack with loads of different holes, so I just kinda chucked 'em all together, threw in some trees and flora and away you go!  And yes, the USA team did a great job and were deserved victors.  And I'll pop into the bar real soon!

Joan:  LOL, yeah those boys from Wildcat Junction sure were WILD!

Matt:  Hehehe, yeah those long par 5s all together will certainly seperate the men from boys!  And I think you're right....plenty of golf balls in that swimming pool.  Thanks for dropping by.

Dustin:  Ah, yes, I once tried to take up golf (many years ago) and was rubbish!  It certainly is one frustrating game (hence why I gave up!!)

Arthur:  Thanks for that – I know there are many course in Portugal.

Bat:  Thanks bat.... new update is under construction!

Dan:  You're welcome re the compliment.  And yeah, that house is mighty close to the green (one of the beauties of SC4 is that we can get away with the odd "funny").  And as for not being able to put a course together.....I have a feeling you'd do a great job.  Like most aspects of the game, a little time, a little patience and a lot of bulldozing is all there is to it!

David:  Good to see you again and thanks for the comment.

Paul:  Thank you and I hope you like the double zero award.

Sebes:  Hey my Dutch friend – how you doing?  I hope you had a great holiday.  As for the "real" drinks, Shaun and I had a drink in De Hems, London's only Dutch Bar, a few weeks back.  When you finally make that trip to London it is where we will buy you a beer (or three).
And thanks for your great detailed comments, it's always good to get such feedback and compliments!  I've been away from the game myself for a while, so plan to get some updates going again now, as you see, so much to do!

Today it's time to honour the latest member of West End's Double Zero Club:

http://www.youtube.com/v/sgCFS1nPILI&hl=en&fs=1

Post number 800 was made on 20th September by Warconstruct (Paul).  He first posted in West End on 29th December 2007 and has been one of West End's regular visitors, with 14 visits in total.  Paul has his own MD, Trieste (which I thoroughly recommend) and lives in the French city of Strasbourg.

So to honour the 800th post, West End is pleased to announce that Paul Warcontruct is the:

Official French Ambassador to West End

Update 63 is underway, and I am also starting to develop the peninsular in Piccadilly that you all kindly gave suggestions for.

'til next time....................... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

art128

nice picture  :thumbsup: great work
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Yes, nice picture there! And congrats to warconstruct for posting the 800th reply of your MD! Looking forward to update 63! ;)

Simpson

Lol nice to see the french flag  ;D
And also congratulation for Paul and you for having more than 800 replies in your splendid MD
Great work my friend  &apls &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Diggis

Congtaulations Paul... um.. Warconstruct.  That could get confusing.

I can't believe I haven't commented to the last 2 posts.  Needless to say I have seen them.  It's a great golf course there mate, book me in for a round.  Although pretty sure the 10th would get me everytime.  And got to feel sorry for the people at the 14th Tee.

Also, when you book me in for a round, can you make the foursome up with some of Adam's friends for me?  My golfs bad enough so if any of them are tutors that would be brilliant.  I prefer a very hands on approach to lessons.  :D

Pat

Paul aka warconstruct congrats on being named the ambassador to west end!!!

LoL Paul I knew you didnt bat it as I found it out to be the NHP FLOGGER Course or something like that  ;) I loved your tribute to paul as I feel it was perfect with the french anthem!!!  :thumbsup:  I cant wait till the next update...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Félicitations Paul (warconstruct). Can't wait to see a pic of the embassy in West End. Until then, I'll keep an eye out for the peninsula update. Until then, nice work with the 00-Club addition. Don't worry about time issue Paul, we're glad to see you around here, and I hope the trip to Menorca was enjoyable. Didn't happen to see out Mallorcan friend did you? Take it easy and I'll see you next update.
-Matt

Jmouse

Congratulations to both Pauls! To warconstruct for hitting the eighth "00," and to paroch for more than 20,000 views. And to the first Paul, all I can say is, you're lucky you don't have an orange BAT model lurking around somewhere! :D

Looking forward to the next update...
Joan

paroch

Arthur:  Thanks for dropping in.

Bat:  I wonder if post 900 will make you the German ambassador ;)!?  And here's the update.

David:  I hope you liked the French tribute and that I didn't miss too many important pictures!

Shaun:  Hehehe, trust you to book a round with Shosaloza's new pros  $%Grinno$%

Pat:  Great to see you here Pat, and glad you liked the French anthem.

Matt:  Hey look at you with the multi-lingual talents!  I've made a start on the peninsular (using one of your suggestions) although the finished article may be a few updates away!!

Joan:  Wow 20,000 views – I must admit I'd not noticed that figure for a while thanks for pointing it out.  And yeah, your "00" award was kinda ORANGE!

It's been a while since the last proper update, so I should apologise for that.  I have started work on the undeveloped peninsular and will try to incorporate at least part of the suggestions that Maarten, Joan, Matt and Shaun made.  But that is not finished yet, so today I thought it was time to explore a few other parts of Piccadilly. 

Here's the overview again so that you get get oriented:

We're going to look at Millay, Piccanham and the JBS Industrial Park.  We'll start over in the suburb of Millay which is notable for its streets of uniform medium wealth houses and back alleys.

As you'll see those back alleys sure do stand out and make it look a bit different from most other West End suburbs.

And here it is from a different angle.

Up in the north of Millay is the small commercial zone.

One side of the road has a mix of (from left to right) small local shops, a Sainsbury's supermarket, Pollo Loco restaurant, Shell petrol station and Chocolate Boutiqe (which draws customers from all over West End).  And we can see some redevelopment on the other side of the road, let's take a closer look at that.

It's mainly offices on this side of the road and that new building is the new dentist surgery.  He'll need to do plenty of fillings to pay for that shiny new building.  And on the corner is Pussy Cleaners.  I really am not sure what goes on in there!

Here's the local high school.

The regular visitors to West End will know that most of the schools have reasonable sports facilities.  Millay High School is no different, although it looks like the local hooligans have stolen parts of the tennis court fencing!

And now, a series of pictures of the houses and their back alleys.  I love these new MattB houses – making their first appearance in West End – Matt's use of the tree props really work well with the JRJ side street mod, making it a very leafy suburb indeed.  I'll let the pics do their own talking:

Millay likes to think of itself as a middle class neighbourhood, and so doesn't really like anything that can damage its image.  Many Millay residents say that the commercial zone on the eastern avenue is not really part of Millay at all......

Maybe they think the Pink Taco is a bit of a tacky restaurant and that the pub encourages the wrong sorts.  I'm not sure what they make of Goober's Cover Ups!

Well, lets now hop north of the motorway into Piccanham.  We paid a visit to part of Piccanham before when I showed you the rugby ground.  Well the other thing that Piccanham is famous for is its large cemetary:

That's the biggest cemetary I've ever made in SC4.

And we'll round out today by looking at the JBS Industrial Park.  This developed to provide the "I" jobs that the city demanded in its early days.

In this pic you can see Millay in the left side of the shot.

The Industrial Park got its name from JBSimmio who posted a comment about the industrial area, so it kinda got named after him as a result!

Here's the railyard that serves the industial zone and handles plenty of exports.

Glenni's water treatment plant is one of my favourite bats.  I think he did a GREAT job on these.

And we finish up with plenty of smoke stacks.  This is a large chemical processing plant and I just love the way they've grown together – certainly not planned, so I have to say thanks to Tag_One for this great industrial bat.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the tour.  There are still a few bits of Piccadilly to show you – plus I have the rest of that peninsular to develop!

'til next time....................... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Simpson

Hey my friend  :)
I really love this update 63 :thumbsup:

The city is looking very good and also réalistic. Great work &apls
I'm looking forward to update 64  ::)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Pat

paul wow this update there is alot going on!!! The JBS industrial area is great looking as well as the Millay surburban area niiiiiice!!!  I cant wait to see more!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bokrif

Finally I could visit your MD. I love the Picadilly Overview. The city looks lovely. I am interested what are you planning to build on that undeveloped peninsular. Maybe a port or some other high rise area? Also the transportition looks good, the rail and the motorway support the two parts of the city, the two peninsular. By the way do you plan to build a bridge over the bay from the Central to the peninsula?

Dilly and Edwards Bay are the parts that I am interested now, as I saw the other parts you showed.

Good job Paul!

tooheys

Nice Paul, very nice :thumbsup:

All looks great, but I was extremely excited to see the flat football pitch  :D

Seriously though, I love the way you have laid out the suburbs, especially with the laneways behind.  :thumbsup:
And I'm always a sucker for Matt's lots.

The dirtier side of town looks good and well done with the railyard. The dead centre ain't too bad either  :) I'd hate to think the surroundering homes were bought for the view though  ;D

Another great update my friend.

Dave

PS: If I've got it right this is my 1000th post. Couldn't think of a better place to make it :)

art128

that's a really great update my friend  :thumbsup: great work  &apls the overview is superb !
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dark_horse_spirit

Your dirt Alley ways are really good, Where did you get them.

Diggis

Quote from: paroch on October 15, 2008, 01:42:37 PM
Shaun:  Hehehe, trust you to book a round with Shosaloza's new pros  $%Grinno$%

The were pros?  I would never have guessed.  I would have expected to find them in Kingly rather than Millay.  :D

Great update Paul,  Really enjoyed the visit.  You have done a great job with the industrial park.  Just like Jon really, large and dirty.  Bet it smells too.

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE