• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WEST END

Started by paroch, September 01, 2007, 03:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

QuoteThe Kinglish are a well educated lot and visits to the Nuclear Power Plant visitors centre are very popular.  Here you can find out exactly what goes on inside and how nuclear energy works.

And leave with a healthy (green) glow as well  ;D

32.02 that looks even better. And the lock system is captured nicely  :thumbsup:

Paul, I know you have put a lot (a bloody lot) of work into this, and the results speak for themself.

And you even have Joan doing mini updates  ::) Well thats better than requests for stats  ;)

Ennedi

Hello Paul,

I didn't visit you for a long time - sorry! And now I'm shocked of the amount of work you put in West End development!
Joan is right, you've come a long way! Yes, West End looks different now, it is one of the most diversified and interesting places in the MD section  :thumbsup:
(Maybe we could organize a football competition this year too, we don't need to wait 4 years  :D, Btw, many girls from Shosaloza would love to visit West End  ;))

Kingly is a beautiful place, parks and markets are fantastic! I like also your use of canals, the general view of the port area is excellent!
And I think my next big city will be full of tramways, yours look perfect :thumbsup:

Adam

Edit: And I was right, it seems more people like your work  :D Congratulations Paul!!!  &apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Congratulations, Paul!

- The Staff

sebes

Yes!  West End definitely belongs here!  Congratulations Paul  &apls

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Diggis

Jmouse

Congratulations on a well-deserved honor, Paul! :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us, and maybe even getting a sneak peek or two!

Soon, very soon...
Joan

Oh, and about that traffic and population data study you promised to do...

paroch

Hi all,

Thanks to the staff for the OSITM.  It's funny when I started this MD I really didn't know where it was going, or how it would be received.  The whole experience has been great.  There have been highs (first OSITM, the footie tournament, but most of all the support and friendships gained) and there have been lows (losing 4 quads - 3 still to redevelop!, and fretting over leaving too long between updates).  But it has been worthwhile and I've learned so much along the way.

Funny thing is, the more I've got into the whole SC4 scene, Lotting, bit of modding, working with a team, the less time I have to actually "play".

Replies will come over the weekend, but in the meantime here are some region shots as a kind of Teaser for the month to come.......

MINI UPDATE 33 - 1st May 2008

33.01  West End overview:

And click here if you want to see a monster sized version (warning 1.4MB)

As you can see, I've really only scratched the surface so far!

33.02  Kingly overview:

Still plenty to finish off and show you during this month.  As a clue for what's next........

33.03  "all aboard":

'til next time.......... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

sebes

I was there!  (but promise I wont hijack your MD again...)

Jumping up and down my seat for exitement now  &hlp
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

rooker1

Congratulations Paul.  Waht a well deserved move for you.
I have followed this MD from the very begining and maybe I don't post after everyone of your updates, but beleive me when I say, Your MD is awesome.  The work you have put into this canal system is incredible and far beyond my patience.
I would also like to welcome you to the Elite club of second timers to the OSITM.  There are only a few a few of us so far, but with MDs like your and several others, I can see that changing quickly.
And what a way to start the month, with an updat eright after your move.  Way to go my friend.
I'm going to sit here a push refresh until I see your next update..........just kidding, but I will be back.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

ejc

well, that is some nice progress you made there!!  :satisfied:

it's nice to see a city like Amsterdam pointed out in a fictional MD.. you've got the feeling on that canal-city; great job!!

show us during this month some more unique projects!

E

Nardo69

Congrats Paul to the well-deserved award!

That overview looks great - enough place for some dirty industrial outskirts, suburbs and farming...   ;)  ;D

Great work with all the kanals and tramways and vanderaaps although I am not completely happy with that railway and tramway crossing ... I mean it is not completely impossible but rather seldom especial on a 4 track main line ...  &mmm As an alternative you could do a tramway overpass especially since tramways can climb slopes up to 7%

Take care and don't forget to make backups

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

tooheys

Paul, welcome to the OSITM x 2 club. Well deserved my friend  :thumbsup:

I now what you mean about finding time to actually play the game, it is getting harder in a NUTty sort of way  ::)
Your going to have to do something about that considering the size of your region, or you'll still be going when you
start drawing a pension :D

Dave

Pat

Paul nice mini update here and I cant wait to see the full monty here lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

paroch

REPLIES

Bat:  Thanks, I'm happy you like the overviews.

Nedalezz:  A compliment like that from you is much appreciated - and thanks for the info re Qumma/West End.

Pat:  Thanks and no worries.  And funny you should mention a film..... %confuso

Jmouse:  Hey Joan, I'm going to have to commission a whole update from you!  Thanks for the before and after pics, it is good to see them side by side like that.  And don't worry, I have a transport related update or two planned.

Sebes:  I know the Amsterdam theme has added extra interest for you and I am pleased that it get the Sebes seal of approval.  And yes Queensday has been celebrated in a big way in Kingly.  And now seeing Rhennen makes me think that there should be some kind of "twin city" arrangement.  And as for hijacking my MD - feel free to post whatever you feel appropriate, you know I'm pretty relaxed  :satisfied:

Bokrif:  Good to see you Krizstian and thanks for the comment.  And yes, I know what you mean about lack of time (that's why I'm not so often on the IPON boards recently).

Zero7:  Richard, thanks for your first post here in West End and thanks for the positive comments.  I respect ALL batters, because it's something I'd like to be able to do, but never really cracked it.  But there are a small circle of batters whose work just does it for me.  So much so that I can't wait to get my hands on their new stuff.  And Richard you are one of those - so please, keep them coming. :thumbsup:
Oh, and thanks for the tip re shadows - I'll apply that.

Tooheys:  Hahaha, yeah the green glow - always a nice look!  And yes, a lot of work has gone into Kingly, so I'm pleased you noticed!  I did wonder whether I should have counted Joan's post as update 33!  And as for the blank spaces in West End......yes I think I'm going to have to just do some "sprawl" on a couple of quads, just ot get the region looking a bit fuller.

Ennedi:  No worries, your visits are always good, so timing is not important!  I like the fact you say West End is diverse - I was worrying it was becoming too much of the same.  And as for the football tournament......Yes, there will be one soon.  I did think of doing it for this month as OSITM, but I did that before, so I have a feeling it will be June, or maybe July.  West End still remember the Shosazolan girls and are happy for more to come this time.

Thundercrack83:  Thank you Dustin.  It's nice to know that West End is hitting the right buttons to pick up a second OSITM - rest assured I'll do what I can to make the "S" stand out this month!

Diggis:  Hi Shaun, your first post in West End I think - thanks mate.  Hopefully there will be some Diggis bits and pieces popping up from now on.

Rooker1:  Robin.  Mind Scape is one of the most highly visited and regarded MDs here at Devo, so comments like that from you mean a lot to me.  And thanks for the welcome to the club, and not that I'm greedy or anything but I wonder if I'll ever join the OSITMx3 club!!

EJC:  Thanks for your comment.  I'm sure we were in OSITM together last time, let's hope we can both have a good month.  And as for a unique project, hopefully this update does it.

Nardo69:  Bernhard, good to see you here again.  Seeing as you are the SC4 "Rail-meisterGeneral", I have to take your comment seriously.  And you know, when I looked at the picture you are talking about you are 100% correct.   Hmmmm, but the space to re-work is limited.  Maybe the rail should be sunken so the tramway can go over the top.  I'll have to play around with that later.  Thanks for pointing it out.

THANK YOU to all who sent congrats re the OSITM.

UPDATE 34 - 4th May 2008

Well, I wanted to do something a bit different for OSITM.  I left a clue at the end of the last mini update - BUT, I changed my mind.......that will still follow but today's update is something very new for me.  It took about 3 hours to put it together and I am very pleased with the result.  It's not perfect by any means, but for a first attempt at this type of thing I am happy.

So, sit back, click on the flags below and hopefully enjoy.....and please I really want to hear what you think, good, bad, or otherwise........

34.01  Kingly and Amsterdam

CLICK ABOVE

'til next time....... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

sebes

Paul  &hlp &hlp &hlp What to say... now you're making movies too? Awesome video...
very nice!
:thumbsup:

By the way - great logo with the two flags mixed!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Nice overviews and nice flag there of Kingly and your whole region !!!

Congrats on this award!

Looking forward to the next...

Edit: And the video is also fantastic! Wonderful work on it!

Ennedi

Very nice movie Paul, you motivate me to play with Youtube too!  :thumbsup:
I think our MDs will look different next year... ;)

I like the music very much, what's it?

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Diggis

Thats great!  I'll have to play again with the music it seems.  :P

tooheys

A Dutch video, was looking for something a bit more, well, you know  :D

Great work Paul, that would have taken quite a bit of time to put together and the result was superb  :thumbsup:

I can see this is certainly going to be a place to hang over the next month. Keep it up my friend.

Dave

rooker1

Paul,
I'm sure sooner or later lucky person/MD will start the x3Club.  Who knows it may even be you.  ;)
I like to see people use their imagination and come up with new ways to show off their MD.  I have seen this movie type before but you have pulled it off very well.  It's what sets certain MDs apart from everyone else's.  Not only was the movie great but the pictures you choose were awesome.
I think  this is going to be a great month with the MDs that are in OSITM.
I wait here patiently for your next update.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.