• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Olasz' workshop

Started by Olasz, August 29, 2007, 10:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which bus series you'd prefer to see in game?

Ikarus 1950-1970s
Ikarus EAG
NABI

Olasz

Objection! last entry pre gallard0_inc from me on the 17th of July (that's being 1/12th of a year)
thanks gallard0_inc for the encouragement. there's been some progress not posted yet

allan_kuan1992

ooo... i'd love to see what's been created lately... and what happened to that articulated bus?

- Allan Kuan

gallard0_inc

Quote from: Olasz on August 18, 2008, 12:56:58 PM
Objection! last entry pre gallard0_inc from me on the 17th of July (that's being 1/12th of a year)
thanks gallard0_inc for the encouragement. there's been some progress not posted yet
Well,, thanks olasz..
You know, i got some problem using english ;D
So, still not finish yet Olasz? :)

Olasz

The solution for public transportation problems from the once-glorious and once 4th largest of world bus industry:
the Ik260 (assembled in Cuba as the Giron XIII).
Member of the legendary 200 series developed in 1967, the 260 is the generic city bus with underfloor engine, delivered all around the world. Additionally, 200 series bodies were built on chassis and branded under the following names: Scania, Volvo, Bedford, Renault, Steyr, Iveco

Attached to post is a factory proto painted version that replaces in-game default automata

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Olasz

The Ik280 is the articulated version of the Ik260, sharing membership in the successful 200 series, manufactured a volume excess of 200.000. This puller articulated underfloor engine bus was manufactured from 1971 to 1999. Due to its then special feature steered C axle it can turn on the same radius as the Ik260. Its North American variant is the Ik286
This model was also assembled as/by:
- Giron XVI in Cuba
- Orion III in Canada (Ik286)
- Crown Ik286 in US
- Ik USA Inc in US

Attached to post is a factory proto painted version, that functions as an additional bus automata. The automata is a tradeoff between exact size, realistic turning, free time and the game engine. Playerdrive is only permitted to those holding minimum category D driver license, but DE is strongly recommended  ;).

BigSlark

Great looking busses, Olasz. I can't wait to see these in some different liveries...

Cheers,
Kevin

Olasz

Thanks Kevin ans sciurus54

Olasz

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

SANYE

&apls
How do you do it?
Could you help me made them like  that?

Olasz

thanks Meastro and Sanye.

Sanye, there are 4 tricks:

• the automata consists of 3 main parts: front, joint and rear
  • each part is supposed to rotate around (in practice near) 0 of the Z axis
  • the three parts are joined by a lua script as they were a semi trailer
  • the rear and front load their respective main body parts. this way the centre of rotation is near in the middle of the joint (this is important for the parts not to start moving away on the X axis during turn, as you can see on page 2 old automata). these parts cannot be a single piece either, as the game engine seems to add some offset

I am pretty sure you have already downloaded the file. let me know if you need more help. I am not sure though (yet) if the bi-articulated can be aligned visually correctly to avoid the page 2 bug. there is one Ik version though that is bi-articulated and I will likely try

vester

Can this been done with EL-trains as well ?
Would love to make a new version of my trams with a front and a back car.

Olasz

Vester, partially yes, though the limit is one engine and one type of car (or unlimited but uncontrollable random mix). the trick here is that the car can still auto-load rear panel that are all hidden by the next cars apart from the very last one. I had some early experiments with models based on Combino Supra, but I did not finalize them

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Olasz

stupid mistake of mine: left additionally the ik260 model only in the ik280 file  &mmm. if you do not have the ik260 file besides, it is very likely that you will get the replacement model with some distorted maxis texture. the articulated still appears correctly. here is attached the fixed ik280 articulated file.

also, due to popular demand (Kevin asked for it) I attached a texture override for the ik260. this will only work with the original file (ik260fp.dat) containing the model and it needs to load after that file. if you place my files into the same folder and don't change the names, the override should automagically work  ;)

allan_kuan1992

Olasz... is it possible if you can make a New Flyer D40LF and a D60LF?

I wish I could do this myself but my computer runs Windows Vista which doesn't process alpha textures properly in all of the modding programs that I have tried using.

- Allan Kuan

Olasz

Hello Allan, thanks for visiting  :). sorry, if you do not have models, then chances are lower.
how about the following menu:

• Orion III
  • NABI 416 (old front)
  • NABI 436
  • NABI 40LFW

Olasz

allan_kuan1992

maybe...

i think i just need some modern looking buses with a family look and varied length, if that's possible.

- Allan Kuan

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

BigSlark

Olasz,

I feel guilty for asking for a different livery for IK260, I have no intention of taking away from your development time.

I really like how both the 260 and 280 look in game, you make great automata.

The only bug I have to report is that the end of the 280's trailer appears about half the time, making the bus look like its missing its rear.

Keep up the amazing work, I'd love to see you and Vester partner on articulated trams!

Cheers,
Kevin