• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ennedi plays Shosaloza

Started by Ennedi, August 25, 2007, 10:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ejc

congrats on making it to "ones to watch" :thumbsup:

I really loooooove some of your views!!  &apls

especcialy those of the small winding river that find it's way through the valley!!

all together I get a real Austria/Switzerland-feeling over it! just looks great, and keep up the work

E

rooker1

Absolutely outstanding work.  I don't know where to begin.  I really like everything.  I have just spent the last the ten minutes going over the last two updates over and over again.  So many small details, great work, awesome pics and I will be watching for your next update for sure!

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Jmouse

Congratulations on your promotion, Ennedi.
Absolutely love the new update. Those stunning photos look like they just hopped off the pages of a beautifully-illustrated storybook.
It's always a pleasure to see an "Ennedi update" notice in my e-mail box, and I hope to see many more.

Until next time...
Joan

Schulmanator

A great update! The town is really growing. I am looking forward to more great scenic pix!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

bat

First Congrats to the "Ones to Watch"!
And a beautiful looking fifth update there! Great looking overview of that city! :thumbsup:

Nisha

Ah, such picturesque scenery. Every little detail is beautiful.  :thumbsup:
If only my artistry extended to Simcity. I am still very much a beginner with Simcity 4 and I am awed by the talent here. All I can do is lurk and absorb a few things from the masters.   :)

Congratulations on the promotion!  &apls &apls

~Nisha

Madeira aka Constantina

curved roads are nice. i have the nam modd so i can try out your achievements.

Danthe

Fantastic, Adam :thumbsup: Your city is very original, you used a much curious lots. I will see to next...

ps. congrats on your promotion to "Ones to Watch" &apls

iamgoingtoeatyou

:o that is stunning ennedi! that huge lake must have taken a very long time to do, it looks excellent! :) my favorite picture was the one with the curved road, i really liked how you blended it in to an urban setting, great work! &apls

Sober

Oh my, Ennedi, that just looks awesome! The farms, the pastures (so peaceful) and such amazing use of ploppable water! You're about to single-handedly make me learn the Terraformer so I can spruce up my own region with some more interesting terrain for later use :)

pickled_pig

Can't believe I missed these three updates.  There's some great eye candy here and excellent use of that custom content - everything looks natural and seamless.

-aaron

Badsim

Quote from: Ennedi on September 14, 2007, 08:08:41 AM
Badsim, could you explain what you don't like in this water? In my opinion water mods with wavy surface are much more realistic and look better in most situations  :)

I am curious about your opinion, because I know and appreciate your work, especially the way you compose different elements of your cities  :thumbsup:
I am trying to do some experiments with water, so your opinion is important for me  :)

Edit: I looked at your great MD many times, but didn't post there yet - I wasn't sure if I was be able to say anything wise about it  :D
(but you definitely motivate me to learn lot editing)

Hi Ennedi ,

I prefer to move this discussion there .
I mean that this water texture is nearing a photography ... too much ; everything else all around looks a bit "like a cartoon" , how excellent that this cartoon is . Also about the transparency ; it's a pleasant effect ... for the caribbean sea . ;)

But that's not so important ... less than to take time to comment your work so far .
I read your posts here & there and it's rather funny ( I mean interesting ! ) ; you would like to work like ejc and me at the same time , I would like to work from now like ejc - So AntigOne is stopped ( nothing next planned ) and I wonder how long this kind of depression will remain ... ::) - and ejc would like to work like ... himself . :D

I said that between these two visions of the game , no compromise is possible ... it was maybe just a flash of lucidity , flashes are fortunately ephemeral .So , please don't take too seriously all I can say and keep on your own way , this is a captivating way as well !

This dam is more than terrific , simply the best ever seen ... The city planning ( I don't like to say "perfect" even about my own work ) is enough good to looks natural . That's already another feat .Coherent use of custom contents . You've got to progress on the road network (especially when you try to climb a mountain  :P ) ((Yes I dare to say that from my flat & squared avenues ! :D )

I could give you some advices (I'm going to ...) but keep in mind that I believe that no one is objective so take them just for what they are ; suggestions , questions of taste and ... I'm not the guardian of the exact right taste . ;)
About your streetside Mod , try the Euro Asphalt Mod from sap23 (on the STEX) . It's uniform whatever the surrounding wealth level and grey is just the most usual color of any city ! ... If you really intend to LotEdit ( I'll be there for any question  ;) ) your first work would be to change base textures of buildings all around to fit with that Mod . I can give you the reference of the original Maxis' base texture fitting perfectly with the Mod : 0x25fb1000   , but any other grey variation will fit as well ...
I don't like Italia Terrain Mod .... too flashy green suggesting an eternel spring , but I like its erosions textures ... maybe a little photoshoping , I'm not against . (I'm rather too lazy to re-work each pictures) .
If you love wavy surface of Brigantine water , you should try Sorchin's ploppable water . Search for Flora Set by Sorchin at the STEX .
On this picture , see ploppable water N°1 with its undulations ...

I would also try ploppable rock N° 10 or 12 in your case , to create this eroded elevation water change area always seen with these artificial lakes ... ::)
I know , I know , it would be a terrible amount of work to do again ...but you're 47 years old - I'm 45 - so both we know we've got only the rest of our lifes to make something exceptional . ;)

Just do it my new friend !  :)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

szarkoz

Hello Ennedi,

This is truly a fantastic work you're showing us here. The city in the last update might not be the most realistic one, but it's still beautiful. It's just Glenni's buildings that stand out a bit too much.

I also loved the dam in your first update. This is what I call creativity. Great work!

I'm looking forward to more!

Take care
If you can't read my nick, just call me Tom.

Ennedi

Hello my friends,

I had much work last week, so this update will be a bit smaller. In fact, I should wait 1 or 2 days and prepare it better, but I don't want to leave your comments (very nice comments  :sunny:) without an answer.

TheTeaCat: Thank you very much Derry, it's a great comment!  :thumbsup: I am familiar with small and diversified farmfields, maybe they are a bit more colourful than in the real life  :D These are still experiments, I am working with details and sometimes I like them, but then I am looking at the general view and I see I should change almost everything - but working this way I wouldn't be able to make any update  :D, so I leave most of things as they are. But I'm going to return to my cities after some time (when the whole region will develope) and I hope I will make some good changes  :)
About cats - I only reported this situation, I'm not surprised at all  :P
I'm very glad some of my ideas are close to your taste - but please tell me immediately, if you will find something bad  ;)

thundercrack83: Thank you very much for the comment and for your great work with these statistics!  :thumbsup:

ejc: Thank you, I'm glad you like this river, it needed a lot of work, experiments and mistakes  :D
I'm still far from the real Austrian/Swiss looking, but you are right - I am trying to show something similar. I will show some pictures from these countries (especially Austria) in the near future, so you will be able to make a comparation  :D It is extremely difficult to imitate the real landscape, but I'm sure there are many possibilities in SC4 wchich are not explored yet. And your way of building (Ruhrgebiet  :thumbsup:) is very important in this exploration.

rooker1: Thank you Robin, details are important and you know very good about it - it is visible in your own work  :thumbsup:

Jmouse: Thank you Joan, it's a great pleasure to hear that this MD is interesting for you - but I'm afraid a bit if I will be able to deserve such good opinion in future  :D (excuse me if my English looks strange sometimes)
PS: houses for rent are prepared, an offer will be ready soon  ;)

Schulmanator: Thank you for your visit, bananas for you grow together with the city  :D And your Orangutan drink is very good, I proved it  ;)

bat: Thank you very much and invite you again!

Nisha: Thank you very much, I lurked for a long time too, but the only chance to learn is to make something yourself, and the only chance to learn more is to show it to the others - don't afraid of it!  :thumbsup:

Madeira: Thank you, I will be glad if any my idea will be useful for somebody

Danthe: Thank you very much, I am trying to make a good place to live, and I like to see some unusual things around me  ;)

iamgoingtoeatyou: Thank you very much for your visit, it's fantastic you like it!
These roads are horrible to build and I'm still learning how to do them  :-[

Sober: Thank you very much, you said about Terraformer - I use it too, but mainly for making large forms. All work with details is done in game because I must see textures. I am going to tell more about it in one of next updates - I'm still learning and I am curious of your opinions  :thumbsup:

pickled_pig: Another nice guest - thank you! If it really look natural, it's a great compliment!

Badsim: Thak you very much for such a great comment! I am honoured of your opinion  :)
But your comment needs a more detailed answer, I will need 1 or 2 days to prepare it. I hope it will be interesting to the others too, and it can be a beginning of very interesting discussion - maybe we are on the way to exploring new areas  ;)
Thanks again, my new friend!  :thumbsup:

szarkoz: Nice to see you, thank you for nice words!
About these office buildings - you are right, but it was intentional  :D
1. I need office buildings in Belmont. This city grows quickly now. If the real city grows in such way, you can often see modern buildings wchich are too big, too modern and look out of place - it is often situation in quickly growing tourist places.
2. Don't worry, this city will change many times, the Mayor isn't such stupid and I think he will find a better solution (fortunately it is easier to bulldoze simething in SC4 than in real life  :D)

As I said in the previous update, Belmont needs new residential areas. The road to the east valley was closed and building works started.

After some time workers removing the ground found a strange object: A big blue glowing ball of unknown origin

Workers tried to move it, but without results. The Mayor ordered the huge mobile crane - there was a horrible problem to transport it to this place, but all this effort was also in void:

(Btw, if you want to see real huge cranes in action, look here - I made these pictures on Thursday on the building site I am working now. I can say I have building works both in RL and in SC4 now :D

After some discussions Mayor Ennedi came to conclusion that this strange object must have an extraterrestrial origin. Mayor was a bit experienced in this theme - some time ago he worked as MiB consultant

(Me at right)

...And at the end Mayor had to decide what to do with this ball? He was thinking all the night and at the morning he ordered to make a roundabout around it

But the new residential area is not the only new thing in Belmont; above it, in high mountains, the new road was built. One of the mos important things was to protect this road against avalanches.

The next update will be an answer for Badsim. And the next one will be the last one in mountains (for some time of course  :D), then we will go closer to the sea.

See you again!

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Jmouse

Ennedi, you are doing things with this region I'd never have thought possible. As always, the photos are lovely, and I'm very anxious to see what develops around those mountain roads.
And as for praise, if I like your work, I say so. If not, I'll either work around it, offer constructive suggestions or keep my mouth shut!  :D BTW, please don't worry about your language skills. Your English is a whole lot better than my Polish!

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

Wow, those mountain roads look fantastic, Ennedi! The one with the covered bridge is nice, but I like the one with the NAM curves the best! And, of course, the development looks great, too! I like seeing both the construction and the finished product! Great work, my friend!

Dark_Jedi06

I've always meant to comment here...considering the sheer beauty of this amazing CJ. Your rural areas are simply stunning! ;D I love your use of the NAM rail and road curves and you've definitely inspired me to give them a shot.

I have a question...where did those small, red diesel engines in the picture of the train station on page 3 come from? I'd really like to get those into the LE and see what I can whip up. :satisfied:
...this space to be filled soon...

Ennedi

Quote from: Dark_Jedi06 on September 16, 2007, 06:18:31 PM
I have a question...where did those small, red diesel engines in the picture of the train station on page 3 come from? I'd really like to get those into the LE and see what I can whip up. :satisfied:

Some time ago I downloaded Trolca Rush Hour Train Mods. The zip file contains 16 zips with various train skins, wchich were made by Trolca and published separately. Unfortunately I don't remember where I downloaded it from, I looked for them a while ago in ST and Simcity Plaza and didn't find them.
Some of these mods are in ST.
As i said, there are 16 various sets, these diesel engines are from the CP set.
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Sober

QuoteBut the new residential area is not the only new thing in Belmont; above it, in high mountains, the new road was built. One of the mos important things was to protect this road against avalanches.
For some reason, I conjure up the image of "Please don't honk" signs along that road  ::)

Also, those walls look amazing. One of them I see are jeronij's, but where can I get the rest? (especially that stone one with the white fences)

Ennedi

Quote from: Sober on September 16, 2007, 07:12:59 PM
For some reason, I conjure up the image of "Please don't honk" signs along that road  ::)

Also, those walls look amazing. One of them I see are jeronij's, but where can I get the rest? (especially that stone one with the white fences)

1. You are right, "Don't honk" signs should be placed along this road - a lot of trucks goes from Belmont to the neighboring city  ;D
(But I think it is caused mainly by graphic settings, the transit query shows "Trucks: 13". Unfortunately I have never seen such effect on railroads  :D)

2. Jeronij's wall is the brown one along the mountain road, under the snowshelter. And other walls are from the MAS71 Japanese Walls Set.
Attention: There are two versions in this set: Japanese Walls - All Design" (choosing this one you have all 5 walls in the menu) and "Japanese Walls - One Design" (choosing this one you can use the High Wall and only one of the rest, see the readme). I noticed that if I choosen the "All Design" I had a conflict between the Wall No. 4 and David (dedgren) PW Water Rapids. Instead the wall texture I saw the rapids base texture.
The wall No.4 is important for me (this is this one with grey stone on my pictures), so I remove water rapids - it's a pity. But if you choose the "One Design) and then Wall No4, it will appear properly  ::).
New Horizons Productions