• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Kingdom of Aquatica

Started by S_imon, August 25, 2007, 06:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S_imon

Aquatica
Population: 114 563

^^First skyscraper in city

^^City Gate

^^Aquatica Trade Center

^^Construction boom

^^Highway

^^Hotels

^^Plaza

^^Suburbs

^^Stadium in day...

^^...and in night

^^City Center

nedalezz

Thats a great start...I love the way you've managed to blend in the new, modern buildings with the old, European style buildings. Reminds me a little of Frankfurt. Anyway, if this start is anything to go by, you're gonna have quite a success on your hands.

pickled_pig

Nice start - I do agree.  What I would suggest is taking screenshots without the map/toolbar.  Just remember the key combination CTRL-SHIFT-S here; it allows you to take pictures without using the menus.

You do a really good job with the European style, combining the classical and contemporary styles rather seamlessly.  You might want to add some more W2W buildings to your collection besides Porkissimo's for variety.  But that's your call.

-aaron

Emperor Stormont

I to would suggest ensuring that when you take pictures you remove the menu bar and making sure the game is not paused.

I like what you have done so far, this has great potential and will look forward to seeing you progress with Aquatica.  ;)

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Ennedi

Hello S_imon, very good start!  &apls

I like general views (suburbs and stadium are very nice, my favourite picture is the city center)
I like very much your couple of trees (it is visible around the stadium).

I have 3 suggestions:

1. Screenshots without menus - you can use Ctrl - Shift - S as pickled_pig says, or download from ST a small but excellent program clip2pic made by Wouanagaine. SC4 saves your screenshots as PNG files and you must save them again as JPEG. Clip2pic saves pictures as JPEG, in addition you can set the maximum image size (800 x 600 wchich is useful when you upload them) and you can choose a destination folder as you want.

2. You can turn off icons like "no road access", "no job" and UDI missions clicking Ctrl - X and writing TastyZots in the command line. You can also install an Extra Cheats Plugin. If you will do it, after clicking Ctrl X you will see a list of commands - some of them are useful  ;D

3. Your terrain is almost flat and it would be good to make it completely flat using street tiles. Your street layout will look even better!

Great work, S_imon!  :thumbsup: Go ahead, it will be good MD!
Serdecznie witam w SC4 Devotion, życzę ci dobrej zabawy i powodzenia!
Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

S_imon

pickled_pig/aaron - Thanks, but I'll not knock down any buildings - i can't get to it becouse when I use tool of demolishing it choose skyscraper, not w2w buildings. I'm very angry about it.
belfastuniguy - Sorry, it's my oversight.
Ennedi/Adam - I will comply with your advice.
PS. Nie rozumiem ostatniego pytania - jakie dachówki?
PS. 2. Miło czytać urzędową (bo nie rodzinną) mowę ;)

Ennedi

Quote from: S_imon on August 26, 2007, 12:18:06 AM
PS. Nie rozumiem ostatniego pytania - jakie dachówki?

Chodzi o to, że można wyrównać teren układając obok siebie pojedyncze fragmenty ulicy (lub drogi, lecz jest to droższe). Jest to pokazane w wielu miejscach, zobacz np. tutaj. Jeżeli wyrównasz teren w ten sposób, twoje drogi nie będą miały drobnych nierówności, będą łatwiejsze do budowania i będą lepiej wyglądać. Oczywiście nie musisz wyrównywać całego terenu.
Mój angielski nie jest zbyt dobry, może powinienem napisać "single street pieces". Jednak wielu ludzi pisze "tile" dla określenia pojedynczego (1x1) kawałka czegoś co buduje się z takich "płytek" - np. drogi, kanały itp.

PS. Popatrz tutaj, ludzie wpisują tu z jakiego są kraju, regionu i miasta. Polaków wpisało się tu na razie tylko 3 (ja jestem jedyny ze Śląska), a polskich członków jest znacznie więcej  :)
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

S_imon

Aha, to znam, ale nie lubię, bo strasznie pracochłonne.

Ennedi

Quote from: S_imon on August 26, 2007, 01:14:06 AM
Aha, to znam, ale nie lubię, bo strasznie pracochłonne.

Jeżeli ułożysz tylko 1 rząd płytek 1x1, to potem możesz obok niego przeciągać drogę wiele razy i bardzo szybko możesz wyrównac znaczny teren  ;D
New Horizons Productions

bat

Wonderful start! Great pictures of your city! :thumbsup:

S_imon

Danthe

Welcome S_imon on SC4DEV. Great, that you have showed city here. I agree to Ennedi, You know that necessary make.

Powodzenia, Danthe.

ps. znamy się z SCPOLAND, prawda outcast?  :)

S_imon

Gaston

Ennedi,
    You suggested:
Quote1. Screenshots without menus - you can use Ctrl - Shift - S as pickled_pig says, or download from ST a small but excellent program clip2pic made by Wouanagaine. SC4 saves your screenshots as PNG files and you must save them again as JPEG. Clip2pic saves pictures as JPEG, in addition you can set the maximum image size (800 x 600 wchich is useful when you upload them) and you can choose a destination folder as you want.

This is one I have never heard of.    I did several searches over at ST but could not find it.      This would be a great thing for me as well.   I don't post alot of pics because I have no way of converting them to JPEG easily.   I don't have Photoshop or any other image editing software.    Would it be possible for you to provide a link to the program?

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Ennedi

Quote from: Gaston on August 26, 2007, 02:30:29 PM
Ennedi,
    You suggested:
This is one I have never heard of.    I did several searches over at ST but could not find it.      This would be a great thing for me as well.   I don't post alot of pics because I have no way of converting them to JPEG easily.   I don't have Photoshop or any other image editing software.    Would it be possible for you to provide a link to the program?

---Gaston

Clip2pic is available on ST in the Forums section - NHP Tools Suite
And for simple editing you can use IrfanView - it is very good, easy to use and it's a freeware. I don't have a link, but simply write IrfanView into the browser. It will be nice to see your pictures, Gaston  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions

Pat

S_imon you do have a good start here and everyone else has given wonderful advice and i know you will have yourself a great MD'ing experiance here - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

S_imon

Thanks everyone!
Today I present You two cities near Aquatica. South Hill (in Polish: Południowa Górka, in Silesian: Połednie berg, in German: Südlich Berg, in French: Sud Montagnette) and Achose. Screenshots:
South Hill

Old Town

Suburbs of Aquatica

Achose
St Jack church

Street of Hipermarkets

Buddism temple and King Simon I School

East City

West City

nedalezz

Those are two great small towns; I especially like the german inspired one. Your mini downtowns are also nice; they suit the small town feel very well.

rooker1

Great Md.  I just got caught up and I like it.  I really like the first picture in the last update.  If I could suggest you unpause the game to get rid of that yellow pause border.  ;)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

That city is looking very great! Wonderful new pictures! :thumbsup: