• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reginam da Domena Lorella [Last Update: 10/11/07]

Started by Dark_Jedi06, August 23, 2007, 08:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamgoingtoeatyou

wow! i'm actually going to post a real comment this time :P :

i love the crowdiness [is that a word?] of the city, with the skyscrapers, next to the churches, and mid sized buildings, but what really amazes me is all the details on the lots of the buildings, i still can't believe you had to relot all of those! :O all the custom content is what makes it perfect, and not to mention the photoshopping is clear, crisp, and clean, which looks excellent! it's a shame sc4d doesn't have trixies, because i would nominate you for at least 5! great work DJ, absolutely spectacular!  &apls &apls &apls

Emperor Stormont

Oh it looks fabulous, love the mix of old and new, it all fits so well together.  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

rooker1

Great update, I really like the square with all the ped tiles.  Very interesting, I have never really tried to do anything like that yet. 

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Yoman

This won't be long, simply too tired after football, but very nice :)

thundercrack83

Congratulations on making it to the Ones to Watch, my friend!

Emperor Stormont

"$Deal"$ One to watch             
Indeed it is, congratulations &apls

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

bat

Jmouse

Kudos on your well-deserved promotion. Now you really have your work cut out for you!

Until next time...
Joan

Dark_Jedi06

Just south of the most dense area of Ossian's downtown Autostrada 10 begins and heads west towards Stgir Bay making a crossing along the massive Punt da Trais'Arvieut or Bridge of Three Arches.

The Punt da Trais'Arvieut as it crosses the deep and dark waters of Stgir Bay. The bridge is approximately 2,500 meters in length and is only slightly shorter then the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. It was built in 1986 to shorten the large drive around the bay and create a quick and direct path right into the heart of Ossian's downtown. It was designed by famous Lorellian architect Albert Donders.

Another view of the Commerzi far Mund and the shore of Stgir Bay.

Autostrada 10 is shown at the top of the above picture. It heads west towards the Punt da Trais'Arvieut and north towards the rural and industrial sections of Ossian as Autostrada 15.

The final on-ramp of Autostrada 10 before the Punt da Trais'Arvieut.

A small island off the coast of Stgir Bay.

Jmouse-I'm not a huge fan of skyscrapers and usually prefer the small town because it allows for, in my opinion, far more detail. I am, however, starting to warm up to the idea of large CDB's.
bat-Thanks alot! :thumbsup:
Xiziz-Well if it looks like Frankfurt then I guess I've achieved a European feel, which is something I struggle with as an American. :P I can't wait to see those apartments in Krim so go update! ;D
thundercrack83-Yes, well every space must be used even if there's a cathedral in the way. We hate to waste space in Domena Lorella. ::)
iamgoingtoeatyou-If I were smart I would have asked someone to whip up a mod for me but instead I decided to re-lot all of them, go figure. $%Grinno$% Maybe we need some MD awards. :P
belfastuniguy-Thank you, Domena Lorella is all about combining modernity with old tradition.
rooker1-I've tried to use ped malls and plazas instead of roads to make the downtown feel more open.
Yoman-I'll keep it short too...thanks.

Thanks to everyone for getting Domena Lorella into the Ones to Watch section, I hope you will continue to enjoy this MD as much as I enjoy making it! I do it all for you, the viewers. ;D

...this space to be filled soon...

Yoman

Its quite amazing how well you got that Arch bridge to look spectacular. The downtown looks smexy as ever, i really like the non-use of roads using footpaths in between structures instead. And did NATO aircraft really intercept a Tu-160 OVER finland and GB? :p

thundercrack83

I love that bridge! The mosaic is simply stunning! Another great update here, my friend! Excellent job!

sEAhAwk fAn121

wow! im likin the bridge and the onramps amd stuff.. and i like how you left the coastline natural by putting the seawalls farther back from the bay!
great job!  &apls :thumbsup:

bat

Fantastic pictures / mosaic of that bridge and city! Also wonderful newspaper! :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Dark Jedi, you're really on a roll here!  :thumbsup: I, too, like the open feeling of the CBD and especially like the walls offset from the shore line. The photos are stunning, too, showing off each element in the best possible light. Keep it up!

Until next time...
Joan

Emperor Stormont

Fabulous update......I love the use of current events also. I have added the oil production news to the update OPEUM thread.....

@Owen yes they did, British Tyhoon aircraft have intercepted Russian bombers twice now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/article/0,,2163746,00.html

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Berethor

The skyscrapers near the river looks awesome   :o
Beautiful pics!   &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

Ennedi

I must say I like it very much!  &apls

The bridge is great, and I like your idea to make  waterfront away from the shore and to put trees between it and the water  :thumbsup: It can be seen in many cities and gives a realistic look.

Your use of fillers is excellent - I don't see any unfinished place. Even a few tiles away from the road, between trees you have the same texture. Everything looks consistent  :thumbsup:

The last picture with buildings (this one with shops and office buildings) is great too. I like large spaces and the way the sandstone blends with grass. Roads have soft slopes and they are perfectly finished too

I must visit your MD more often, great work!  &apls

Edit: And of course I like your story and the newspaper!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Yoman

Quote from: belfastuniguy on September 16, 2007, 03:36:35 PM
Fabulous update......I love the use of current events also. I have added the oil production news to the update OPEUM thread.....

@Owen yes they did, British Tyhoon aircraft have intercepted Russian bombers twice now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/article/0,,2163746,00.html

Close but not OVER British and Norwegian airspace ;)

Xiziz

Nice update Jedi! Love the newspaper, i really must learn how to make decent papers XD so hard(and time consuming). The roundabout is absolutey terrific, love roundabouts(probably most because people drive like crazy in Stockholms Lit-Crossings).

And yes, im indeed trying to make an update for Krim, school just sucks away so much time, and sleeping takes the rest XD

Dark_Jedi06

Autostrada 10, shown here, splits and heads west towards Punt da Trais'Arvieut and north towards the Ossian suburbs as Autostrada 15.

First along Autostrada 15 is the Regiunal'surdar da Rohner Staziun; it is one of the major hubs of the various high speed rail lines that connect Domena Lorella's major cities. The line that begins in Ossian, the Aut'sveltezza Rain, ascends into the mountainous terrain that defines the Rhine river valley and passes through Olassan, Sylve, Liunard, Amir Vitus and ends in Laurel.

Another view of the Regiunal'surdar da Rohner Staziun as well as the sprawl of the Ossian suburbs, which are on the lowest rung of the Lorellian bureaucratic ladder. This particular suburb is named Wengen and several others surround the city and Stgir Bay.

At the top of the picture is the Punt da Trais'Arvieut and more of the Wengen suburb and ends with the Regiunal'surdar da Rohner Staziun at the bottom.

More of Wengen as well as the Aut'sveltezza Rain climbing up the steep side of the Rhine river valley.

The Aut'sveltezza Rain, continuing north, branches off into the separate Guaud Viafier which heads east towards Ilaria, Marcello and ends in the Austrian town of Innsbruck.

The Aut'sveltezza Rain continues over a small patch of Stgir Bay. In addition to the railroad, a winding road cuts through the mountainous terrain and connects smaller Ossian suburbs and outlying farms and industry with the capital city.

Yoman-I was surprised the Maxis bridge turned out so well...I tried some of the excellent bridges on the LEX, however they were for highways only which I refuse to use because they're so ugly. :P And no, they were not OVER the countries but did make incursions in British and Finnish airspace. I changed it just for you. ;)
thundercrack83-Once again, I'm surprised the bridge is getting so much praise, considering it's just a good 'ol Maxis preset. $%Grinno$%
sEAhAwk fAn121-Putting the seawall back a few squares gives the coastline a more natural feel and let's me cover up the wall itself with some greenery. In addition, it's easier to end. :satisfied:
bat-Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:
Jmouse-My roll kind of slowed down...school's started up and I have a tough schedule hence why this has taken a week to get up. I hope to maintain the same quality, though don't expect as frequent updates. ;D
belfastuniguy-I should have a full story in a few days on the impact the attacks have had on Lorellian oil production prepared specifically for the OPEUM thread, thanks for reminding me. :P
Berethor-Thank you very much! ()stsfd()
Ennedi-I definitely like to fill every space...I despise jagged edges. :bomb: By the way, I must thank you for inspiring me with the mountain roads in your CJ, I used your tutorial as formed the rail line shown in this update. ;)
Xiziz-It is time consuming...it usually takes me a good 2 1/2 hours to reorganize the newspaper's images and then write up the stories. The best thing to do is to look at actual front pages to get some ideas. ;D
...this space to be filled soon...