• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - Show us your CAM Cities

Started by RippleJet, August 02, 2007, 12:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Looks nice anyhow, especialy with them rail gantries
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Nydan

star.torturer that graphical glitch on your large tile in region view is just that a graphical glitch.  It is caused anytime you are playing in 1600x1200 resolution, open a large tile, and save it.  If you never use the large tile you will never get the glitch(of course that means you can't build on that tile.  If you change resolutions it will go away.  It has nothing to do with any mods, it will happen in vanilla Sim City.

When I first started playing Sim City 4 I spent many hours trying to find a solution to it.  To my knowledge their is no way to get rid of it other than to play in a lower resolution or to not use the large tiles.  If someone can prove me wrong in this conclusion please do so!

Yeah I know that conclusion did not make me happy either.

JoeST

Thankyou for the explanation, and welcome to SC4D. I dont play that region anymore, infact i have stopped playing SC4 for the moment :'(. you can blame school for that.

Joe

Toblakai

Sad to hear about school and sadder that we don't get to see more pictures from you. In fact the going has been slow on this thread the last couple of days. Looking at the amount of downloads of the basic CAM mod there must be way more people who use it, so if you read this, share some pics here!

For my more rural region I installed the BLS revised farm fields, which has stage 4 farms, and the lots are turnig out awesome. I thought I'd share some pictures of them.

And this is how Weijdsche Aa looks at the moment. Now that the farms have grown, I can start building the city on the river bank. The tile south of here will be a big city, partially in a polder, aptly named Polderstad.

JoeST

And once again you trample on all of us like we are the foundations of an SC4 building, lol, very nice indeed, you should really start an MD, (a joint MD with me even, I could help with the story maybe, though probably no SC4)

Thanks again for sharing your brilliant pictures with us, you brought light to my day

Joe

snorrelli

Wow - nice pics. Thanks for posting!
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

bixel

Yeh, I've been using CAM. Been CAM-Lotting the crap out of all those great buildings I downloaded in my plugins folder. One thing I noticed is that city growth is very gradual now and you can definetly get a smoother progression from small town to larger city. It also seems to take a while for some stage growths to unlock. But I am not complaining.

Later on I might have to compile a list of discrepancy's and download locations for all the buildings I have recently converted to CAM. I might upload the LOTs as Bixel's Choice cuts, but I will swing it on barbyw's/ripplejet's way 1st for approval.

RippleJet

Quote from: bixel on October 01, 2007, 03:34:47 AM
Later on I might have to compile a list of discrepancy's and download locations for all the buildings I have recently converted to CAM. I might upload the LOTs as Bixel's Choice cuts, but I will swing it on barbyw's/ripplejet's way 1st for approval.

Thanks, Bixel. The more CAMeLots, the better! :thumbsup:

bixel

Well I sent off my CAM lots off to ripplejet - so it prolly in testing now. All in all its an additional 32 new lots. Possibly 30 cause 2 buildings are hard to find on the internets.  :satisfied:

supercow851

Wow, the last city is spectacular Toblakai, as well as all the other cities.  I'd better get to work on my own metropolis...

supercow851

Here are some pictures of part my main city so far and a part of a highway that will eventually run through the mountains.

BTW, Toblakai could you please tell me what deciduous trees those are?

RippleJet

Looks very promising, and above all realistic! &apls
That highway could have been built by Jeronij, climbing the hillside... ::)

A200

Heres a few pictures of East Germany, from my Europe region:

Residential (of that one city tile): 1,960,000
Commercial (of that one city tile): 1,700,000
Industrial (of that one city tile, ALL High Tech): 230,000 (and dropping)

Count the Taipei's:

For those playing at home there are 9 in that corner alone, around 16 or so in the whole city (used to be about 18-20, but some of them got demolished or redeveloped into other towers)

Notice all the duplicate towers??

More WTC's and Taipei's:

Whats this little tower?

A whole heap of PanPacific Towers:

The Airports (domestic and international). Both looking very worn down, I have some airport peices but i havent figured out how to use them to make a big working airport :D

4 WTC's!!!! O.O

Whats a city without a good park?

The industrial west of the city:

One last picture...

What do you think? A good CAM city? (Yes I know there are a few brown boxes, I'll download those shortly :))

Pat

you wanna kill them brown boxes A200 if so check right here [linkie] btw awesome cam cities everyone!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

A200

Thanks for that  &apls I'll download that and use it straight away!

I'll see if I can find the missing models... the one I see quite often is Wills Trans, but ive downloaded this Willis trans tower, but it still comes up with a box? Any help would be appreciated  :thumbsup:

Pat

well A200 im glad i could be of help for the most part but on the Wills Trans, Im truely stuck on that im sowwies - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RippleJet

It is amazing how those biggest towers tend to cluster together! ;D

Where is the Willis Trans from? I can't seem to find it myself... &ops

BarbyW

The CO$$$13 Will Trans is one of dusktrooper's early buildings found here http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=2543. The model is WLTRNSCRP-0x5ad0e817_0x2d2d42d9_0x500000.SC4Model and not the later version.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

bat

Wonderful looking pictures of your CAM cities, @ all! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: