• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - Show us your CAM Cities

Started by RippleJet, August 02, 2007, 12:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toblakai

Stop it Joe, you're making me blush &ops  ;D

These HK residential monster's just popped up in my city and I thought I'd share them:

Toblakai

JoeST

WOW, you have the touch to make things grow where they fit, somehow, (unless this is just the CAM, lol)

Well done, stunning images once again.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

Bixel should be pleased to see these! :thumbsup: &apls

Quote from: star.torturer on September 18, 2007, 01:05:03 PM
(unless this is just the CAM, lol)

Who knows what we managed to do that wasn't meant to be... $%Grinno$%

bixel

Oooh very nice. What are the occupation of those Y-Stacks just curious.

RippleJet

The Ma On Shan Y Stack is a stage 9 R§ with a maximum capacity of 11,167 :thumbsup:

Toblakai

But due to desiderability "only" 10067.  :)

Toblakai.

shoreman905

WoW folks, just had the opportunity to stop by and this is great. I knew when testing CAM it was something special and that in the hands of the community, it would soar far past what we could achieve in a short time. You all have done wonderful things and I know even more is just over the horizon. Keep pushing it to the limit, keep trying new things, what you do and discover will be the foundations for even higher goals and accomplishments.  &apls

bat

wonderful pictures of your CAM Cities, @ both! Great work! :thumbsup:

bixel

Well, hopefully with more HK stuff coming out we got some real CAM-worthy Residentials to use. T Wrecks has been absent from the english speaking world, I assume he's spending time at the simzone.de quite a bit. I really want to CAM out my 'hk gardens' but I am still waiting on T Wrecks to LOT the 2nd version, since I have rerendered all the little grey towers.

Shadow_prophet

Before
Population : 1, 579, 456

After
Population 1, 775, 061

Population and development shot up so fast that the the game crashed lol in the beginning. Nothing major though. It workd fine afterwards. And the population is still drastically increasing lol.

Oh and i wanted to show
CAM World Financial Centres 3 by M4346

Only one of the 2 grew in my medium sized city thus far, but it's still wonderfull that one finally grew. Waiting for the 2nd one to show. *goes off building hunting*

CAM World Financial Centres 2 and 3 M4346

I'm now experimenting CAM with Sim mars to se how it would effect that.

M4346

That's great Shadow_Prophet! I'm glad that WFC3 is at least working, and, showing up! :P Can't wait to see 2 though. :P

If you're building hunting, stay tuned, and wait just a little while more because, hopefully, very soon these will be released! -> Click! That is, of course, if there's nothing wrong with them. ;)

Great city you have there, and thanks for showing the WFC3!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Shadow_prophet

M4346: Thanks a lot. However I still can't find the other one!!~

Only this one has been growing. And the other one is so stubborn. It both has the same lot size right?

M4346

Yes, they both have the same LOT size, but I think the one grows on a corner lot. I can't remember... I'll check and let you know, but yes, I think I made the other one a corner lot.

|_

Like that, and not like this -> _|

So, try that then in the mean time.  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

That are great pictures, Shadow_prophet! :thumbsup:

cammo2003

Yup, great shots.

I have a couple of my own to share:

Not exactly as big as some of the cities in this thread, but meh. Might as well share.

JoeST

WOW, you do have a large amount of Elevated Rail, do you not use subways. lol... Your city is good btw, better than mine
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bat

Two very great looking pictures of your CAM city, cammo2003! :thumbsup:

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

cammo2003

Quote from: star.torturer on September 23, 2007, 06:22:50 AM
WOW, you do have a large amount of Elevated Rail, do you not use subways. lol... Your city is good btw, better than mine

No, I do, just felt like doing something different in this city (mainly it was an excuse to use the Tokyo station, which I've tweaked slightly to be all el-rail -- there were two "shinkansen" platforms.

And there are subway stations on the map -- quite a few, actually. But they all travel mostly north-south. You have the Central Line, which spurned a load of development -- you can see a couple of the stations clearly -- one near the roundabout on the south side of City Park (the one near the parking lot and the large hospital -- which I've modified to give a capacity of 65,535), and another near the stadium (which also has bus stops nearby and is a major interchange for the city.

Then there's the City Loop B, which only dives underground for two station (it's elevated the rest of the way).

At this point, most of the east-west travel through the CBD is provided by buses. Bus use is fairly high, given the tile has only 90,000 residents (region total nearly 200,000).

Most traffic thoroughfares within the field of view in those screenshots convey buses.

Also, don't be deceived by the more sparse use of avenues compared to most. There are many, many, one-way streets.

I already have Stage 11 buildings. I'm not using many plops (aside from things which need to be plopped!)

Toblakai

Great pics cammo2003 and Shadow_prophet :thumbsup:

Quote from: cammo2003 on September 23, 2007, 03:34:57 AM
Not exactly as big as some of the cities in this thread, but meh. Might as well share.

Well the beauty of the CAM is that you have good control over where the large buildings spawn. Choosing less population over a better looking city is always good in my book. Also the cities are then easier to blend into the regional view. So share them ;)

Speaking of something different, I've started in a new region, so no pics from me for a while in this thread. I've gone fo a more rural look and there will be fewer cam buildings than in my mega-city region. This however takes time and this is all that is up and running in my new region. Not a lot to do with CAM yet....