• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RECREATIONS, by ejc

Started by ejc, July 27, 2007, 08:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ejc

MD EXPANDING

Well, I thought over it this week. And I think it's not fair to show the people on ST more as on SC4Dev... So, I decided to expand this MD to "Sauerland" and not only "Ruhrgebiet".

For the people that don't know the region of "Sauerland" a small introduction and afterwards my first mayor update seen on ST

SAUERLAND

Provence; Nordrhein-Westfalen and Hessen
Sqaure Kilometer; 5855km2
Inhabitants; 277.715 Inh. per Square KM; 200
Geographic Stats; 50° 12' - 51° 49' N.  & 6° 22' - 7° 60' E.
Highest Point; 843m

The Sauerland is a rural, hilly area spreading across most of the east of Nordrhein-Westfalen, heavily forested and sparsely inhabited. It has been chosen as the first place in Germany where the Wisent or European bison will be reintroduced mainly because of its large forests, and to help boost the tourism industry by attracting visitors to the region. In the winter tourist come for wintersports to Sauerland. With ski-carrousels in the towns as Winterberg, Willingen, Alt- und Neuastenberg and Bödefeld.

Sauerland in the winter, full of snow and ice!

In the west the hills continue into the Bergische Land, to the south into the Siegerland, and in the north-east to the Teuroburg Forest. The major rivers of the Sauerland are the Ruhr and the Lenne. Several smaller rivers were converted into artificial lakes by dams to store water for the nearby Ruhr Area (Ruhr-gebiet). The biggest of these lakes are those of the Möhne and Bigge.

In summertime, beautiful green hills.. It's nickname is "the land of 1000 hills"

The highest elevation of the Sauerland is the Langenberg (843m) near Olsberg. Much better known, because of its weather observation station, is the Kahler Asten (842m) near Winterberg. Both belong to the mountain range called the Rothaargebirge.

Another Winter-shot of the hills and mountains in Sauerland..

With this introduction I want to start off this CJ. I'm allready building the area for several months now and I'll show you the region view next update. Different from my "Ruhrgebiet" recreation, this will be an 100% accurate scale. A different playing-style with eye for detail on every single square..

Credits I allready want to give;

Cycledogg; for his extraordinary terrain modds!
Haarlemmergold; So many German BATs that I can use
Vanderaap; Many wall to wall buildings that I use creating the European looks..
Krio; Diagonal city building is because of him
SFBT-team; European looks for SC4 -> You'll need them.. BATs, Lots and Modds!!
Ferox; Also diagonal buildings aswell other Polish BATs
NAM-team; Offcourse, couldn't do anything right within SC4 without them!
Jeronij; small but so important moddifications are made by him!
BSC; props etc..
Prepo; diagonal is the keyword

Bödefeld- Freiheit

The title is the name of a small village that's located in the central parts of "Hoch Sauerland Kreis" (heighest elevations of the region)

The region-view, copied from within SC4

To give an indication of where I am talking about, with names of villages and mayor mountain-ranges.

View from the mountains around the village

Bödefeld is a small village with about 1200 inhabitants. It is situated just south of the mountain range "Hunau" that is 818meters above sealevel. Most people know the town of the ski-accomodations that are situated  in this hilly terrain.

The ingame-view from above during a beautiful summer-day!

Farmlands that stretches out over the hills surrounding the small village

Next update I will take you to the ski-accomodations of the village that are situated on the mountain "Hunau". This is all for now I want to show you..

E

bat

Great information-update of Sauerland! And it's good to see this here, too! Also the region and first development on it are fantastic! Wonderful pictures of it! Like it!

Looking forward to more...

thundercrack83

Outstanding!

I'm glad you've decided to expand your MD here to include the Sauerland, my friend! The region looks beautiful, and I can't wait to see how you develop it!

Dustin

Pat

OMG EJC that was simply amazing update and I loved the one pic with the ski accomadations!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Very interesting update with really life pic and all.  Great layout and very nice terraforming.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Ennedi

Many congratulations ejc! Your region really deserves this award, it was very good from a long time, but after last updates it becomes something really unique!  :thumbsup:

Edit: I must say your information about Sauerland makes me curious of this region! travelled once along Rhein and I know some (mainly alpine) areas in South Germany, but this land looks beautiful on your pictures! Maybe a bit similar to my hometown surrounding (Beskidy - Beskiden in German language)   :)
When I will go to Germany next time, I will visit this land with pleasure!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

paroch

Hey congratulations on your second OSITM ejc.  I seem to recall you and I were in OSITM together last time :)

It's been a while since my last visit - apologies.

I always enjoyed the realism of Ruhrgebiet and the addition of Sauerland has just brought an extra rural realism to this fabulous MD.

And the overview is superb, particularly all the farm fields.

All the best,

Paul

rooker1

Congratulations on both accounts.  Being moved to OSITM is a special honor but being there twice now makes you part of an Elite club.  I know you'll have something special for us this month.  Your city is fantastic and I love your pics your small rural villages on mountainous slopes.  Way too much work for me, but you have some how made it look easy.
I look forward to more.
Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

ejc

SUMMERTIME in BÖDEFELD

Well well.. my 2nd award here on Sc4D  ()stsfd() Nice to see the group of members is still growing and see new faces around here! Together I think we all take SC4 to a next level. More and more the past year with diagonal building and extraordanary mods made by our BATers and MODDers!! Thank you all for that!! Without you I wasn't been able to make a nice MD for all you lurkers and repliers  "$Deal"$

Now; back to my own MD ->

I want to take you to the surroundings of the village of "Bödefeld"; as said, in winter this village provides nice ski-accomodations with different slopes. BUT, today it's SUMMER in my MD so no snow yet... that will be saved for a next update as winter comes in!!

The village is surrounded by different mountain-ranges. The village itself is build in the valley and partial on the slopes..

View from the south on the village "Bödefeld" over the top of the "Kreuzberg" (where also a skilift is on the north-side of the mountain)

A small street in near the village center with some nice old German houses..

A zoomed in shot on some "suburbs" (as if you could speak of it within such a small village!) that are situated on the slopes

The skiing-area "Bödefeld-Hunau" near it's summit (Hunau is the name of the mountain-range + 818m NAP) during summer; so no snow but heathlands and grass seen here..

A overview of the bottom ski-lifts that lead towards the valley and the ski-station with restaurant and slope-maintenance facilities

That's for the kick-off of this special month; my goal is to take you to a complete another level as you expected from me with my "Ruhrgebiet" recreation.. This will be a rural-eye-opener from EJC's view....

STAY TUNED!!

E

Ennedi

Is it magic? These are simple pictures, uneven streets as usuallly in SC4, a few houses and... everything looks incredibly realistic!  :D
Beautiful pictures ejc, I especially like the third one - the contrast between trees and grass is perfect, and I think ski lifts do a great work, they give  a real 3d illusion  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Q-Tips

You have brought realism to new hights. This pictures are just amazing. Thanks, its very inspiring.

Pat

EJC this is wonderful a new update and congrats on your award to OSITM!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

paroch

ejc,

You know, some MD'ers are great at cities, some excel at suburbs and some get their rural areas just right.  Well, you get all three at the highest standards - and that's not easy!  Well done and please keep giving us updates like these.

Paul

Nardo69

Hello E!

Congrats to the well-deserved award!  &apls

And I must confess especially the last update with Bödefeld is just outstanding! I should be mad with you because these pictures made me completely homesick (even though my home is the Black Forrest) but who can be mad at such beauty?

Take care (and don't forget to make backups!)

Bernhard  &apls

callbat

wow excellent work, and the award is well deserved  &apls

I love how the 3rd picture looks like it could've been taken right down on the streets of the second one  ;)

thundercrack83

Summer in Bödefeld looks extraordinary, my friend! I think I may have to make a trip!

You're off to a great start with your second month in OSITM, too. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your time here!

Dustin

bat

Congrats on your award, ejc!

And the pictures are looking really realistic and beautiful (the ones from sc4  ;) )!

Looking forward to more...

ejc

Bödefeld-Freiheit

St. Cosmas and Damian Church in "Bödefeld-Freiheit"

The first ingame-shot of this update, the same church..

The stream in reallife; smaller and hard to recreate within SC4..

The little stream going through the village and crossing the main-road (Meschede <-> Winterberg)

Some nice old German buildings in the small center of the village, some shops are here but not many!

And offcourse.. Also ingame are some of those old buildings!!

Another overview of this lovely, peaceful village in the heart of "Sauerland"

The "HunaustraBe" (road to the mountain Hunau) with typical German houses

Next update we'll follow this road towards the mountain tops where a large radio and TV-tower is stationed that is visible from miles away..

E

Nardo69

Oh my, what can I say?

You did hit the atmosphere, it just makes my homesickness went up to the maximum peak ...

Wonderful work with that small creek and the timberwork houses, you are really the king of recreation MDs/CJs!

Take care and don't forget to make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup: