SC4D Homepage
BSC File Exchange
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Terraformer wont save  (Read 420 times)

Offline Kitsune

Terraformer wont save
« on: July 16, 2018, 03:03:41 PM »
I'm having an issue saving with Terraformer. It just gets stuck like this on the saving screen:

[image]http://glidingeagle.com/images/sc4/sc4terror.jpg[/image]

I've also noticed its goes from 3000 MB ram usage to 717 over about an hour with nothing saved (the region is 88x120km...). I've ensured its added a safe application to Bitdefender (which states it has yet to require access to save). I've also run the program in admin mod. I want to make many changes to the map and hence getting Terraformer to work would be a great help... is this just a case of not enough RAM to save or something else? I have patched it with the 4GB patch.

Sim City 4 Devotion Forums

Terraformer wont save
« on: July 16, 2018, 03:03:41 PM »

Re: Terraformer wont save

Offline Kitsune

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 04:22:33 PM »
It is memory related .... and further I've determined there is some kind of issue with compressor as there 8 tiles in the bottom left corner that game cant compress due to memory limits. And also because sc4terraformer was compiled .pyd files it doesnt seem possible to decomplie it (to recomplie to a 64 hit version of python)... however my python experience is really really limited.

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 04:22:33 PM »

Offline CasperVg

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:24:50 AM »
Can't really help with the issue itself, but perhaps the source code of SC4Mapper, which is available here on GitHub can help?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:24:50 AM »

Offline Kitsune

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:36:18 AM »
Can't really help with the issue itself, but perhaps the source code of SC4Mapper, which is available here on GitHub can help?

See that is the trick... the source code that is available is for V10, while the last version was V11 which is when the compression tool was introduced.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:36:18 AM »

If you experience visual glitches in our site, we strongly suggest you to use Firefox to browse the forums. Also a 1024*768 or higher resolution is highly recommended to view this site

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2011
SMFAds for Free Forums

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 57 queries.