SC4D Homepage
BSC File Exchange
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Model tweaker issue  (Read 1530 times)

Offline eugenelavery

Model tweaker issue
« on: February 06, 2018, 07:57:47 AM »
Hello, I am wishing to reduce the size of this model https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30946-oneamerica-tower-indianapolis/ from 6x6 to 4x4.

I go to model tweaker, open the model file for this building, enter 0.75 in the scale factor, and then hit save. Despite this, nothing changes in the size of the model. Am I missing a step? I read the tutorial and don't think I have missed anything. I have also used this tool successfully before, although not for a few years so perhaps my memory is foggy?

Sim City 4 Devotion Forums

Model tweaker issue
« on: February 06, 2018, 07:57:47 AM »

Re: Model tweaker issue

Offline noahclem

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 06:16:25 PM »
When that has happened to me in the past it has often been because an invisible model is included as part of the file and changing its size won't cause any visible change. So if two files are listed or the model may be in another directory then try whatever you haven't already tried. Not sure besides that. You'll want to switch to 67% or 2/3 to accomplish that scale change in any case  ;)

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 06:16:25 PM »

Offline eugenelavery

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 06:48:43 PM »
Hmm, in the file folder there is a DESC file, a MODEL file, and a LOT file. Your math is correct, I must have been half asleep when I posted! In Lot Editor I can see the building in the picture but no grey box representing the object appears - is that a clue?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:52:06 PM by eugenelavery »

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 06:48:43 PM »

Offline Andreas

• SimCityPlaza
  • CL: ()bobby() Transit Controller
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 02:52:01 AM »
Did you check if the program actually saved the changes in the file, or maybe created a new file at a different location, so the original file still loads last? It's been a while since I used the Model Tweaker, but it might be better to save the file with a new filename, put it into a dedicated folder, and then create a new SC4Desc file with the Plugin Manager or PIM-X, which should reflect the resized model dimensions as well. Finally, make a new lot, the grey box in the Lot Editor should have the desired size then. If you don't see a grey box in the original lot, that usually means the building has been added as a prop, or the model size in the SC4Desc file has been set to 0 manually.
Andreas

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 02:52:01 AM »

Offline eugenelavery

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 09:17:07 AM »
Aha, I found the problem - I had this particular building in my plugins folder twice.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 09:17:07 AM »

If you experience visual glitches in our site, we strongly suggest you to use Firefox to browse the forums. Also a 1024*768 or higher resolution is highly recommended to view this site

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2011
SMFAds for Free Forums

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 59 queries.