• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ryan's Sign Request Shop

Started by Ryan B., July 17, 2007, 06:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

Hi, everyone!  This here is my place on SC4D where I take people's custom road / highway sign requests.

Here's a sample of some of the things I've been working on lately:

EDIT:  Here is a shot of one of my signs in the Lot Editor (compared with a standard street light), and in zooms 3-5/6 of SC4.  (Glenni:  Thanks for posing the question.)

Here are the rules for requesting signs from me:

1)  Post here / send me a PM containing:
a.  Username / e-mail address (in case I can't get these posted on the LEX).
b.  Sign details (routes, types of signs, etc.)
c.  Whether you'd like them e-mailed to you or posted on the LEX for everyone to use.

As of right now, the only nations I'm good at BATing signs from are the United States, Canada, and maybe Australia.  So, unfortunately, you'll be limited to choosing between those three national styles for now.

The Request Line is wide open - let me know what you want, and I'll get on it!

BigSlark

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for offering this service! Could you please make signs for US 91 and I-7 for me? I'm starting a new region that will (eventually) become a MD and would like some custom signs.

Also, how hard is it to change the text on your models in 3DS Max and would you be willing to share your models and tricks?

Cheers,
Kevin

Ryan B.

Quote from: BigSlark on July 17, 2007, 10:33:19 PM
Could you please make signs for US 91 and I-7 for me?
BigSlark:  Not a problem!  What kind of signs are you looking for - standard route markers?

Quote from: BigSlark on July 17, 2007, 10:33:19 PM
Also, how hard is it to change the text on your models in 3DS Max and would you be willing to share your models and tricks?
I'm not using 3DS Max.  I'm using the BAT.  I'll PM you sometime soon with information on how to do this.

Glenni

very good Ryan, though, ain't they a bit too high and big? &mmm

BigSlark

Ryan,

I'd like the route markers and interchange signs (like the "North/South" with arrows pointing in the appropiate directions).

Also, just out of curiousity, did you know that I-22 has been assigned to US 78 freeway between Memphis and Birmingham?

Cheers,
Kevin

Ryan B.

Kevin / BigSlark:  I'm still having trouble picturing what you're wanting.  You want something like the middle picture in my preview above with:

IH 7 [direction] and US 91 [direction], right?

BigSlark

Ryan,

Correct. And the junction signs, like the first picture from the left, but without the sign for the highway you're on, for both IH 7 and US 91.

I really appreciate this!

And I don't mind if they're on the LEX/STEX/Private FTP.

Cheers,
Kevin

Ryan B.

Kevin / BigSlark:  Sorry about the wait, but I've got the first sign done:

Let me know if this is to your liking, and if you'd like anything else.  I'll proceed to get any changes you'll want, then go through the process of making it game-ready.

BigSlark

Ryan,

That's fine, RLS is a pain in the butt. If its not too much trouble, could you make a full range of directionals and blazers for both, including an US 91/IH 7 collection that indicates that this way is North on US 91 and right is North on IH 7 and left is South on IH7, so on so forth?  ;D

I really, really, really appreciate this, I promise these will feature promintely in my new MD. Heck, if you post a tutorial on making these bad boys I'll end making them for every IH, US, State, and County highway in the region!

Ok, well, I may not go that far...but at least IH and US routes!

Cheers,
Kevin

sc4luv2

Ryan I'd like 2 Signs please.

Thanks,
Sc4Luv2

PS: Make the labels like the real sign would look like.

[

Ryan B.

sc4luv2:  Those will be a lot quicker to do than BigSlark's request, so I'll go ahead and get these out of the way.

EDIT:  I have just found out that Oklahoma is phasing in a new state route marker.  Here's a picture of a blank one:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/767/okblankxc5.png

Pat

sweeeet i think i will have to take you up on some of these service for a sign pack...
Eventualy but not now i just only have some major praises for you... Keep it up - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BigSlark

Sorry I'm such a pain, Ryan. There's absolutely no rush needed on my request. I still have around 65 cities to open, tree, build roads, and something that looks like backwater development before I even imagine starting a MD.

Cheers,
Kevin

xmike1991

i have a request, but take ur time. if u can do UK motorway signs, id like signs for M45, and M12.

please and thank you!

cheers, mike-

Swamper77

Mike,

In the first post of this thread, Ryan said he will only be doing signs from America, Canada, and maybe Australia. You will have to find someone else to have UK signs made for you.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Ryan B.

sc4luv2:  I have the first of your signs modeled.  What do you think?

sc4luv2

Ryan: That sign is great ya have there.

But maybe one more sign:

Thanks,
sc4luv2
[

rusummer1

could you do these signs please :D? 1) http://aaroads.com/delaware/delaware050/i-095_nb_exit_005a_12.jpg
                                                 2)http://aaroads.com/delaware/delaware050/i-095_nb_exit_006_06.jpg
                                                 3)http://aaroads.com/delaware/delaware001/de-001_nb_begin_cj.jpg
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

Ryan B.

sc4luv2:  Here are your second and third signs:

With that, your requests are modeled.  They will be finished very soon.

rusummer1:  I can only make the first two of your requests.  They are both modeled, and pictured below:

With that, your requests are modeled.  They will be finished very soon.

writingliberty

If you could, I'd appreciate a quick tutorial on making something akin to these... I'm contemplating doing route-shield-only signs (no directionals or arrows, just the "you are on this route" type) for all numbers (up to a thousand I think, eventually, especially if I can figure out how to do a menu-tab-loop) for the IH and California shield designs, but I've never made anything for SC4 before...