SC4D Homepage
BSC File Exchange
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Let's make New Vegas Great Again!  (Read 163 times)

Offline Unconstantean

Let's make New Vegas Great Again!
« on: January 17, 2017, 10:02:26 AM »

As a BIG fan of the Fallout universe , for the last couple fo days i've been working on the New Vegas map. It was a tough and time consuming job but i am more than satisfied by the result. It's still sad that in SC4 we don't have the water system from Cities Skylines :(  so because of thta i'll have to improvise something to recreate the Hoover dam.

Excepting the canal and reservoir i'll stay true to the infrastructure and geography of New Vegas. Also maybe i'll make a very small port north of Hoover Dam.

Due to lack of specific mods this won't be a post apocalyptic CJ :(

The region has 63 large city tiles and 18 medium city tiles.

Sim City 4 Devotion Forums

Let's make New Vegas Great Again!
« on: January 17, 2017, 10:02:26 AM »

Re: Let's make New Vegas Great Again!

Offline Unconstantean

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:04:22 AM »
I'm gonna go build my own theme park! With blackjack! And hookers!

"Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own theme park! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the park!"
Bender, Futurama

In fact i'll build an entire CITY!

Fabulous New Vegas!!!

Today i'll present you one of the iconic districts of New Vegas: The Strip. It will be filled with modern skyscrapers around the reservoir and along the canal. I've also layed down the main road network, the sunken highway (i still have to put some large billboards along the highway) and the rail line. Oh and let's not forget about the monorail.

Total hours put in this: 10

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:04:22 AM »

Offline compdude787

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 02:35:28 PM »
Nice start!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: January 1, 2017

My YouTube Channel

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 02:35:28 PM »

Offline kbieniu7

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 03:25:48 PM »
Actually, I have never played Fallout, so I cannot refer to any of points and plot references connected to this movie. But I can to SimCity connections ;)

It will be nice to see what you prepare, especially as the region looks interesting. With this initial road and plaza layout I can imagine those places to be massive!  :thumbsup:

What I can suggest is to think about the outflow from the reservoir! You've already made a wide inflow channel, but remember - water need to flow further  ;D And concerning the sunken highway - just two lanes in such big cities? I don't know how it looks like in New Vegas or in real Las Vegas, but from what I usually see is that Americans tend to have really wide urban highways  ;)

Good luck!

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 03:25:48 PM »

If you experience visual glitches in our site, we strongly suggest you to use Firefox to browse the forums. Also a 1024*768 or higher resolution is highly recommended to view this site

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2011
SMFAds for Free Forums

Page created in 0.41 seconds with 57 queries.