SC4D Homepage
BSC File Exchange
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

NAM 36 is here!

Author Topic: True Earth / Industrial Scenes (Preview) / Updated 10-15  (Read 98163 times)

Offline korver

Re: True Earth / The Amazon / Updated 10-5
« Reply #720 on: October 07, 2018, 02:17:04 PM »
mattb325: Thanks for the nice words! :) Georgetown City Hall was entirely modeled and textured from scratch (although a few of the railings and the flag ware free models I got off the internet and imported into the scene). I think it's probably my most ambitious custom BAT at this point - took seemingly forever but I think it turned out pretty nicely.

Alan_Waters: Thank you very much for the comment! The waterways were made using combination of either JRJ's muddy transparent water, dogfights's muddy water, and another custom muddy water mod I made. A slight reflection was added to the water in photoshop after I was done with the scene as well.

Badsim: Thank you so much for the praise and k-point, much appreciated :thumbsup: It would be wonderful to see the staff here put together another HOF election one day - I think it's been over 5 years at this point so it's probably about time for another one ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:59:11 PM by korver »

Sim City 4 Devotion Forums

« Reply #720 on: October 07, 2018, 02:17:04 PM »

Offline mattb325

• CL:
    SC4D Housing Authority
« Reply #721 on: October 07, 2018, 05:42:52 PM »
I thought so, it is a very good model  :thumbsup:

« Reply #721 on: October 07, 2018, 05:42:52 PM »

Offline fantozzi

« Reply #722 on: October 08, 2018, 06:29:28 AM »
I found this  :wings: slightly modified :wings: entry on Wikipedia:

Stylistically, Korverism encompasses a variety of approaches influenced by, and reacting to, the harmonious ideals associated with artists such as Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and early Michelangelo. Where High Renaissance art emphasizes proportion, balance, and ideal beauty, Korverism exaggerates such qualities, often resulting in compositions that are asymmetrical or unnaturally elegant.[3] The style is notable for its intellectual sophistication as well as its artificial (as opposed to naturalistic) qualities.[4] It favors compositional tension and instability rather than the balance and clarity of earlier SC4-layouts.

« Reply #722 on: October 08, 2018, 06:29:28 AM »

Offline huzman

« Reply #723 on: October 08, 2018, 09:33:08 AM »
Leave it to fantozzi to find things like this. Chapeau!
« Essayez d’apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

« Reply #723 on: October 08, 2018, 09:33:08 AM »

Offline vinlabsc3k

• 🚄 NAM Lover ❤️
  • Enjoy when u play. Play when u want.
    • Artful-xtra
« Reply #724 on: October 09, 2018, 02:34:46 PM »
These updates are GORGEOUS!! &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

« Reply #724 on: October 09, 2018, 02:34:46 PM »

Offline Akallan

« Reply #725 on: October 10, 2018, 03:28:25 PM »
A little update, but it throws a lot of eyes! Everything is beautiful ... But these waterfalls ... Simply amazing! Thank you for these pictures korver! :o

« Reply #725 on: October 10, 2018, 03:28:25 PM »

Re: True Earth / Amazon Pt. 2 / Updated 10-11

Offline korver

« Reply #726 on: October 11, 2018, 02:57:56 PM »

- UPDATE 93: Into The Amazon - Part II -

For the last leg to our journey through the Amazon, we're visiting some of the region's most spectacular natural wonders. From incredible waterfalls, tepuis, rivers, and more - this is truly one of the world's most magical places.

We'll get started off in world's largest city that can't be reached by road, Iquitos, Peru. The city's Belen District is one of the area's most distinctive sights, with the entire district being built on wooden stilts to withstand the rising waters.

Unfortunately, deforestation has taken a toll on the surrounding region - and here's no better example than in the areas surrounding BR-163. While this Brazilian highway finally made long distance transport accessible for many in the region, it also opened the door to large scale logging projects on a scale never before seen.

We make a brief stop in the Surinamese capital of Paramaribo to stock up - for decades, this important port city has served as a gateway into the Amazon and is well known for its distinctive wooden Dutch colonial architecture.

Autana Tepui is one of area's most notable natural wonders and is spectacular up close. It's a sacred mountain with lots of history as well - the local Piaroa Indians believed that it's actually the trunk of a great tree which once loomed over the Amazon and dropped the fruits of life into the forest. However, one day another God and his nephew cut down the mighty tree, greedily trying to get all of the fruits at once - and all that we see today is the trunk, Autana.

Last but not least is the incredible Angel Falls. Falling nearly 3,200 feet off the side of the massive Auyan-tepui, the world's tallest waterfall doesn't disappoint and any trip here is sure to amaze you.

One last overview of stunning Auyan-tepui from above with its many majestic waterfalls.

Replies:

mattb325: Thank you! While I've used a lot custom models from sites like 3d warehouse over the years, I've reached the point where I've already used most of the good stuff and I'm having to BAT stuff from scratch more and more. It does take a lot of time but I am improving my skills quite a bit - and the increased quality of the BATs over the online models is always nice :)

Fantozzi: You're too kind - thanks for the nice words :thumbsup:

vinlabsc3k: Thank you very much! :)

Akallan: Thanks for the comment - glad you enjoyed the update! :)

-korver

« Reply #726 on: October 11, 2018, 02:57:56 PM »

Offline mattb325

• CL:
    SC4D Housing Authority
« Reply #727 on: October 11, 2018, 03:54:44 PM »
Amazing pictures again! No one does waterfalls quite as well as you  :thumbsup:

The paramaribo houses look great...maybe you'll be tempted to release your own bats one day (hint hint  &idea)

« Reply #727 on: October 11, 2018, 03:54:44 PM »

Offline korver

« Reply #728 on: October 12, 2018, 03:28:27 PM »
mattb325: Thanks for the nice words, glad you're enjoying the waterfalls :thumbsup:

Alot of the custom BATs I've been working are still in a WIP state and haven't been properly modded yet etc - but if I find some free time down the road I might try to pack some of it together into some sort of prop pack, so we'll see :)

« Reply #728 on: October 12, 2018, 03:28:27 PM »

Offline fantozzi

« Reply #729 on: October 13, 2018, 12:13:07 PM »
A Korver prop pack would be a perfect christmas gift.

« Reply #729 on: October 13, 2018, 12:13:07 PM »

Offline Themistokles

• If Simcity were a democracy we'd all be ostracised
« Reply #730 on: October 13, 2018, 03:04:18 PM »
Great pictures as always! And deforestation is an important and very tragic topic. The scale of the depletion of our nature is horrifying.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

« Reply #730 on: October 13, 2018, 03:04:18 PM »

Offline Akallan

« Reply #731 on: October 13, 2018, 03:11:52 PM »
You will think that I do not know anything else that "it's beautiful" ... But it's true, there is nothing else to say when seeing your images, they are beautiful! :D Always full of details and so realistic, but I think the first image is part of my favorite of all your updates! It's just crazy, the level of detail and houses on the water. You sell dreams! Congratulations! :popcorn:

« Reply #731 on: October 13, 2018, 03:11:52 PM »

Re: True Earth / Industrial Scenes (Preview) / Updated 10-15

Offline korver

« Reply #732 on: Yesterday at 07:55:16 PM »

- UPDATE 94: Industrial Scenes (Preview) -

For our next two updates, we're taking a look at a wide variety of industrial scenes from across the globe. From heavy industrial zones, seaports, refineries, warehouse districts, mining projects and much more - it's going to be quite the showcase. There's going to be two separate updates, so stay tuned - but in the meantime, here's a preview of what I have in store.

Also, I want to give a special thanks to Simmer2 for all the fantastic lots and models used in this update :thumbsup:

Abandoned factories and train depots in Czestochowa, Poland.

A view of a rusted and run down oil refinery in rural Albania.

Small refinery and oil pipelines crossing the Canadian Arctic.

Oil refineries in northern Alberta, Canada.

A view of the many warehouses and factories that line the Los Angeles River.

Heavy industry in Norilsk, Russia.

Abandoned seaports like this one in Aral'sk, Kazakhstan can be found on the shores of the disappearing Aral Sea.

-korver

---

Replies

fantozzi: Well, I can't make any promises as of yet or give any timelines (I still have a massive batch of updates I need to finally finish up) - but it is something I'm looking at down the road.

Themistokles: Thanks for the comment and nice words - the scale of the deforestation going on is quite sad indeed.

Akallan: Thank you very much for the comment - I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures :thumbsup:

« Reply #732 on: Yesterday at 07:55:16 PM »

Offline dyoungyn

« Reply #733 on: Yesterday at 10:07:24 PM »
Wow, completely WOW &apls

It is so disappointing to see what man has done to mother earth with rusting and abandoned metal polluting the land.  It truly is such an embarrassing and disgusting reality of everything we take for granted and thankful for not realizing the devastating damage we all are doing to mother earth. 

God bless this earth we all live in.

« Reply #733 on: Yesterday at 10:07:24 PM »

If you experience visual glitches in our site, we strongly suggest you to use Firefox to browse the forums. Also a 1024*768 or higher resolution is highly recommended to view this site

Latest News

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2011
SMFAds for Free Forums

Page created in 1.912 seconds with 86 queries.