• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gotham City

Started by Eddie, July 07, 2007, 11:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

eddie that was sweeet i cant wait to see " a night at the Theater

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

I hope that isn't the outline of Jimmy Hendrix in the alleyway, what a waste that would be  /wrrd%& (yeah I know his dead in RL  :'()

Some nice pic's there and I haven't seen the Regal cinema/theatre before, looks good.

Another fine update  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Dave

Krio

Well, this is improvement. I like how the firestairs from theater land just perfectly to the roof of aparment building. And how you have used those low-rise w2w buildings opposite the theater. :thumbsup:

(usually I'm not this positive, but  :) )

Eddie

The Wayne Family goes to Park Row to see an opera, but the night is doomed to end in tragedy--as all operas do.

Note: In the comics, the Waynes go to see The Mark of Zorro. In Begins they watch Mefistofele. But in my version, it's The Phantom of the Opera.

patfirefghtr: Wait no more, patty.

tooheys: Haha. I was hoping no one noticed the Jimmy Hendrix sign on the theater. The problem is, that Regal Cinema BAT has different variations. Sometimes when you plop it, the sign says "Star Wars." Other times it says, "Les Miserables," "Phantom of the Opera..." In that picture I kept replopping it so it showed something else, but after 5 times (and 500,000 simoleons spent), it still showed Jimi Hendrix, and I just left it at that.

Bengt: Wait--what?? Bengt being positive??  ()what() *jumps off bridge*

Hehe. But I knew you'd like that update, after you liked "Crime Alley" picture I showed you. Who knows--maybe you'll like this update, too, since it shows a more Frank Miller inspired setting.

Next Update: The Promise

Pat

WoW breath taking Eddie simply Breath taking update... I can promise you that i will be in for promise - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Eddie

In a pool of his parents' blood, Bruce Wayne makes a vow to rid Gotham of the evil that took their lives, and goes on a worldwide odyssey--training his mind and body to peak perfection, as well as trying to get a deeper knowledge for a criminal's motives.

patfirefghtr: Thanks, pat!

Next Update: Temple Al Ghul. We'll be seeing the martial arts temple in more detail and character profiles of Ra's al Ghul and a young Bruce Wayne.

Pat

OOoooOO verry good Eddie... and also true to the story i loved cant wait for the temple.. - pat

Eddie

High atop the Himalayas is a secret martial arts temple run by fighting master Ra's al Ghul. Within its walls are the training grounds for the Society of Shadows, a league of highly-skilled assassins.

This update will show in greater detail the characters and setting of the previous chapter.

patfirefghter: Thank you, oh faithful commenter.

Ra's al Ghul

His name is Arabic for "The Ghoul's Head," and Ra's al Ghul seems to be just that. The leader of the League of Shadows, Ra's Al Ghul is a skilled fighter—as deadly as he is intelligent. Al Ghul's ultimate goal in his seemingly endless life is to restore order to civilization and achieve total immortality.

A Young Bruce Wayne

Still haunted by the sudden and violent death of his parents, Bruce Wayne traveled the world, trying to understand criminality and fighting techniques, so when he returns to Gotham, he will be prepared to dedicate his life to fighting crime.

So begins Year One.

These chapters will showcase Batman's first year fighting crime in Gotham City, from his first success exposing a drug-busting ring, to the final confrontation in which an old nemesis attempts to destroy the entire city. Year One will also bring to light Batman's uneasy alliance with the Gotham police force, and his struggles with a city that's approaching the brink of chaos.

Krio

The elevated rail pictures were pretty good and the comic of the rail part was interesting. Can't say much from the palace, it's just advert for the bat and demolishing it without the fire, hmm.

I assume that this is the comic book from the film, because al-Ghoul looks like Liam Neeson.. And also I dislike how you follow the comic book directly, because if I remember right, Ra's al-Ghoul didn't trained Batman and just appeared as mystical character who wanted to take over the world. I disliked that in the movie too, but it was clever to have one of Bat's deadlies foes as his trainer. Though IMO Scarecrow (who looks like Marvel's Scarecrow in the movie) should had been the main villain, now he was just a henchman. (I hope that you understand the Scarecrow-thingy, it's hard to explain it in Finnish too at 4:00 am.)

And Daddy-Batman was a stupid man. Really, dude had massive fortune but no bodyguards when going to dark alley. What was he thinking?

Yep yep. I lurked in the ST in your CJ and I'm waiting that you post that update here too, because I have some things to say too.

(I was happy indeed)

Pat

Eddie yes i am a faithfull bat... I do have to say bengt you did bring up some vaild points about Al-Ghoul.
Based on new comic and the movie he was the one who trained Bruce Wayne, The bat however evovled out
of Bruce. Eddie im looking to see the next chapters - pat

Yoder7652

very cool MD! I like the mixture of comic book, SC4, and story...keep up the good work!

Eddie

Wayne Enterprises is Gotham's single oldest business and the largest employer of the city's workforce. Founded in the 17th century as a shipping and steel manufacturing company, Wayne Enterprises has since adapted to modern times with the addition of its current branches WayneTech, WayneAerospace, and Wayne Chemicals. Its headquarters is in the geographical center of Gotham—an immense art deco skyscraper, Wayne Tower. The city's power and water supplies, as well as the massive elevated train networks are routed right into the tower.

Note: This update will also show comparisons to the RL Wayne Tower in Batman Begins, which is the Chicago Board of Trade Bldg. By the way, Tjibaou Rentals by jtportland is used for the monorail stations as seen in the movie. It was the closest thing I could find, but IMO it fits in quite well.

Bengt: You're correct. This is the Batman Begins comic book adaptation. Ra's looks like Liam Neeson, Bruce Wayne looks like Bale, etc. I liked the origin of Batman Begins so I decided to use its comic book for this MD. As for Ra's being Batman's trainer, I actually didn't mind. This was one of the few moments where not being faithful to the comics worked for me. However, opinions differ.

I understand what you mean by Scarecrow just being a henchman (working for Falcone and Ra's). I can tell you wanted him to have more screentime. But if it makes you feel better, he'll be appearing in the next Batman movie, The Dark Knight. Spy-pictures in Chicago show that he's going to be in it.

As for "Daddy-Batman" (haha), well not every rich guy needs a bodyguard. He probably thought no one would want to kill him anyway (after all the money he's donated to the city).

And I was glad when you said you liked something on my ST-version of this MD. However, there's a delay when I post it here at SC4D. Simtrop is usually one update ahead. If you see something in ST, just tell me here, too.

patfirefghter: "The bat however evolved out of Bruce." True, very true. You understand quite a lot about this MD! Thanks, pat!

Yoder7652: Thanks, yoder! Reminds me. I should give Osturland a visit (haven't been there in about 2 days :P).

Lucius Fox

Back in the day of Thomas Wayne, Lucius Fox was the CEO of Wayne Enterprises. Fox was a business-minded genius, helping to establish W.E. as one of the nation's largest corporations. He almost bankrupted the company, however, after trying to help ease poverty in the city during the Depression. And while Bruce Wayne traveled the globe, Fox was demoted to basement duty— dead-end—where he couldn't cause any more trouble on the board.

Next Update: Wayne Enterprises. Bruce Wayne gets the goods and gadgets to aid him in his war against crime.

Pat

hehehe i soooooo cant wait to see the goodies.... Eddie like i said before i love the Bat, any thing Bat i follow.   :thumbsup: till the next bat time will see you soon - pat

tooheys

Now that's a coincidence, I was watching, well sort of, Batman Begins this arvo while working on my MD.

Nice work with Wayne Tower and the rail hub. You do put everything together very well.

Cheers

Dave

Eddie

Bruce Wayne obtains the first of his Bat-Gadgets with the help of Lucius Fox, and hopes to establish himself as Gotham's crime-fighting protector.

patfirefghter: Thanks, pat...or should I say 'bat' hmm?

tooheys: Ha! What happened to the "not my cup of tea" part?  :P By the way, I'm not Australian, so what does "arvo" mean? I'm guessing afternoon? And what do you mean by "sort of" watching Batman Begins. Excuse all the questions. I'm in an inquisitive mood.

tooheys

Well you are correct with arvo  &apls. And as for Batman Begins, it was the best of the worst on Foxtel (cable) at the time. :P
I was concerntrating on SC4 but using a small portion of my Bat senses to watch TV at the same time. Consider it research
to better understand your MD  ::)

Cheers

Dave

Pat

LoL Welll Eddie there already is a Bat among us and he can be seen lurking from time to time in the shadows,
sadly at last it ain't me...  Gotta love Bruce and his ideas of toys LoL...  same bat channel... I will see you back - pat

Eddie

The Gotham City Police Department, headquartered in Old Gotham, is a police department that no longer functions as a law-enforcement agency. Consisting of corrupt cops and officials, the GCPD takes bribes from the city's mob bosses, and some officers are even paid to be hit-men and drug dealers.

tooheys: Yes! I got arvo right! I'm one step closer to being a full-fledged aussie! Glad you were conducting research for my MD.  :P

patfirefghter: A bat among us? Where? *looks around*

James Gordon
But if there's any hope for the Gotham City Police Department, it would be newly recruited officer James (Jim) Gordon. A former sergeant from Chicago, Gordon is one of the remaining good men in the police force—one that believes honesty, integrity, and upholding the law is the duty of a true cop.

Next Update: Gotham's Crooked Cops

Pat

well hmm one good apple in the bunch of rotten ones... hmm i wonder who u r gonna show next?? 

Eddie

Replies:

patfirefghter: I wonder what I WILL show next? There'll be an update later today, just as soon as I get this MD to the next page. Page 2 is getting too long!  :P