• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Single click is a double click problem

Started by Ernestmaxis, August 22, 2015, 08:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernestmaxis

Hello to all!

I couldnt find this problem on Simcity Devotions

With every prop I want to place on the map it will never starts with the first stage of the prop.
Some props have a stage system and some have more than 1, 2, 3, or maybe 5 stages
But every time I plant a prop I can't get the first stage only the second stage?
It doesnt matter if it is a tree of industrial props I just cant get the first props showing, how come?

And is it possible to know how the prop will be placed on the map? (orientation of props....)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19293845/Images/honey_locust3.jpg
But my problem is ingame not in the lot editor. Like the image some props have a stage system. The Honey locust has 5 cause when i click 5 times with the mousse you will get 5 different trees.

When i want to plop of these props on the city maps it will always skip the first stage and will start with the second one.
So when you look at the image I only can plant 4 trees out of the 5.
I have checked my mousse and hardware but it is really a software problem?
Anyone knowing this issue of the solutions?

Hopefully someone can help me with this one.
Greetings Ernest

I do have this problem with all props i have in game. It wil always skip the first prop.

mgb204

The orientation of MMPs can not be controlled, sadly.

As for the missing the first prop problem, all I can say is be very gentle with your mouse when clicking the first time, even moving the mouse slightly whilst clicking can cause this issue to arise. Not really anything you can do to make life easier I'm afraid but with a bit of practise you'll have less problems.

Ernestmaxis

Well I clicked very very gentle but I think it is a software problem in SimCity. When I first hold the right buttom and click the left buttom to place the prop I can get the first prop. That is the only way I can get the first prop it is kinda crazy.

Ernestmaxis

Finally after a day seaching I found something usefull

Simcity is so old en new systems have all kinds of new game mousses: click lock off

Swap the primary and secondary click function for testing (For Windows: Mouse Properties > Buttons tab > Button Configuration | For Mac: System Preferences > Mouse > Primary Mouse Button)
Check if the left click button is bound to "Double-Click" mouse function in LGS.
For testing, open the "Test Profile" in the Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) to check how the left-click function registers when an actual click is executed.
For further testing, close the LGS in the System Tray and check if the behavior persists. Uninstall other third-party applications which are also capable of configuring mouse actions (MS Intellipoint, SteerMouse, USB Overdrive, etc.)

Maybe usefull for other players who still play this game on new systems
MGB204 atleast thanks for the help!