• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's Melbourne BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, April 05, 2015, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korver

noahclem

Wow, great to see all these new BATs! After reappearing a few days ago I've been quite pleasantly surprised to see no less than eight new uploads from you--if that's not a good reason to open up SC4 again I don't know what would be :D  Thanks and it's great to see you around again!

MushyMushy

Oh my, looks like you've released some of my favorites of the bunch, though I'm not sure I have any real favorites because all of your work is jaw-dropping!  &apls

APSMS

Hi Jay,

All of the BATs look awesome. One niggle: The lot for Oaks on Collins is... sparse. The BAT is wonderful, but I suppose now is as good a time as any for me to learn the LE (I know you're not one for lotting).

Thanks for the uploads, glad to see more of your work around, and that you can spare the time to work on these. I am particularly glad that you've included growables this time around. That bit right there is pretty great, since I almost never remember to go sifting through my giant landmarks menu to find stuff.

-Absalom
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

JP Schriefer

Wooooooow I've just notice all those awesome uploads now! Thank you very much for all your hard work doing such amazing models!

Girafe

Thanks for the new released BATs, they look awesome  :thumbsup:

Will try to download some of them in the next few days and try them IG

&apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Mikey Knox

Quote from: APSMS on October 09, 2016, 04:04:41 PM
Mikey, are you using Yild's DAMN Manager, or the SSPTool?

IIRC there is a bug in the DAMN Manager that causes some lots to experience CTD when selecting, particularly when the lots are hidden from the menus.

Not sure why, or if this is the case here. FWIW I can't get the DM to open on my computer, so I am unable to check this out properly.

Yes i use Yild DAMN Mangager. Like i said, it doesnt happen very often so its not a big Deal, i just dont put them in the Manager, but then these Great Buildings getting overlooked easily by me  :)

Unconstantean

RED !!!! RED!!!! RED!!!!!

&apls &apls &apls &apls  :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn:
what a bat spree we have here. Thank you Red for those amazing bats !!! Thank you for keeping SC4 alive

bombardiere

Thank you very much.  :thumbsup: As people have been saying, You keep Sc4 live!  Truly great work and please know that there are people who appreciate your effort.

By the way, if you don't care about lotting, I think that you could release your building with SC4 model only. That would be quite enought and the player can create SC4 desc and lots of their own choosing. This could be handy especially for those smaller building models you did mention. I would be quite happy with the building models only and I could create the rest as I see the best.

Anyway, I have been thinking that I could upload only the SC4 models in the future. I am not into lotting myself, and it seems that the people have their own ideas on what is a perfect lot. So I have been thinking that perhaps the lotting is unnessary hassle.

noahclem

When it comes to beautiful buildings with details, textures, and lights batted to perfection this thread is a must-read. I don't think anyone would deny that reddonquixote is among the best batters of all time and I'm very happy to congratulate him on joining SC4D's 10th birthday Of Special Interest This Month!

kbieniu7

Actually I haven't been writing there, but I have to congratulate on this achievement!   &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

Congratulations!

Looking forward to what you have for us. Maybe even some forgotten gems uploaded!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

Well deserved! You are a batting genius!

reddonquixote

Wow, thankyou.

Per my previous post, this honour also happens to coincide with my 40th BAT upload, for which I'm going to do something special  ()stsfd()

I have been slowly but surely working on it since March (believe it or not!  :o ) in the little spare time I've had, and while I'm not confident I will actually get it onto the LEX this weekend, I will definitely reveal all.

I have a couple of other things up my sleeve as well, including a couple of new BATs in progress and maybe a few more hiding away on the hard drive that need a bit of dusting off...

Responding to an earlier post re the lotting of Oaks on Collins... eek sorry about that, I didn't pay enough attention I thought it was a W2W, it was only after I saw the note below I realised its quite a bit smaller than W2W. The fact is I probably wouldn't have released it if I thought I had to do lotting on it, so I really appreciate everyone's tolerance, and forgiveness. If you saw my lotting skills in action you would be most disappointed anyway  $%Grinno$%

Twalsh - yes, these were old BATs, gathering virtual-dust while waiting patiently for me to learn the PIM-X. I think I do have a few more...  ;)

Thankyou everyone else for nice comments  :thumbsup:

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

noahclem

Can't wait to see what you've got planned for the #40 special! There's definitely some gems from the thread here I'd love to get my hands on soon :D If you ever need a hand with PIM-X stuff I'm happy to help. It's tricky at first because it's so different than other ways of doing things and has so many features but it's actually pretty intuitive once you get the hang of it. Arthur picked it up pretty quick over a bit of skyping. Lotting for the Oaks is a bit of a conundrum. I have plans for lotting it into my city (the size, style, and quality are just perfect for what I'm doing) but it would be something custom for a space, not fitting into an even number of tiles and with several other dependencies, and not good for general release. Turning it diagonal wouldn't be a very good fit either (roughly 1 1/2 diagonal tile in my head) and would require more rendering so I suppose the best way to go would be combining it with a ~10m w2w or having it fit flush w2w on one side and overhang the other.

korver

Congrats on receiving OSITM! A very well deserved award for one of the BAT masters.

Looking forward to seeing what you "have up your sleeve" with this new group of BATs as well :)

APSMS

Hey, the CML looks even better when it's properly applied! Congrats!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

reddonquixote

As promised, here's a preview of my 40th BAT upload. Its been a long time in the making, I hope you like it. I just have a couple of things to tidy up and it will be up on the LEX soon  ;D

RDQ HD Prop Pack

Urban Street Props:

Building Props:

* Just a quick note on the buildings. They are presented 'as-is', meaning most of them were never intended to be released separately and therefore may be featureless at the sides and back. I'm making them available for use, but you may need to get creative with how you use them  ()stsfd()

Trees:

Art Sculptures and Statues:

Obviously, click the images to make them larger.  :)

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

noahclem

I barely dared to hope...and I had no idea there were so many!!! I'll say without exaggerating that this is a watershed moment for me in SC4 and will change my cities forever. Thank you  &apls &apls &apls

art128

Is there like, only Collins Street in Melbourne? :D (Aren't the cars a bit overscaled?)

I will probably use 470 and 520 Collins Street.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog