• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sidewalk Mod

Started by Jayster, July 27, 2014, 11:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayster

Whoa... been away from here for two years! Yikes! Well I am back, and I am looking for a particular sidewalk mod. I believe it is a sidewalk/Maxis base texture replacement mod. Here is a picture of said mod in action:

The picture is from Uzil's MD titled "Zeroing City V.4." This is the link to the update the picture is in (4th picture down): link

It's either a sidewalk mod or lots and lots of time spent in lot editor!

Thanks for the help!

Gosso

Hi, its Gobias Sidewalk Mod, New York slab

Jayster

Quote from: Gosso on July 28, 2014, 05:46:03 AM
Hi, its Gobias Sidewalk Mod, New York slab

The more I thought about it, the more I thought it was one of those textures. Wish the description on the LEX showed all of the textures...

Thanks a lot!

APSMS

Actually, I think this may require more research.

I'm using the New York Slab in my CJ/MD, San Diego; it doesn't look like that.

Here's a sample (see behind the church):

(Click to Enlarge)

EDIT: I think that this file is what you want. See Texture set 10 (numbered 9 in the files)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Jayster

Quote from: APSMS on July 28, 2014, 11:02:30 AM
Actually, I think this may require more research.

I'm using the New York Slab in my CJ/MD, San Diego; it doesn't look like that.

Here's a sample (see behind the church):

(Click to Enlarge)

EDIT: I think that this file is what you want. See Texture set 10 (numbered 9 in the files)

And I was hoping it wasn't that one  ::) in the description it says that it doesn't work with diagonals because "BUT no diagonal textures were included"

Hmm... I may just have to get back into all of the modding programs and figure out how to create my own sidewalk mod/Maxis base replacement using that texture.

Thanks APSMS

APSMS

It occurs to me that he might have meant that the textures did not turn diagonally, not that they did not work on diagonals. IIRC, the game always pics the same sidewalk, regardless of road orientation, so the only issue is that diagonal sidewalks don't conform to the diagonality of the road but rather to the grid (which is always NSEW).

I might try firing up the game just to see.

EDIT: Case in Point:

As always, Click for full size
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Jayster

Quote from: APSMS on July 28, 2014, 06:34:12 PM
It occurs to me that he might have meant that the textures did not turn diagonally, not that they did not work on diagonals. IIRC, the game always pics the same sidewalk, regardless of road orientation, so the only issue is that diagonal sidewalks don't conform to the diagonality of the road but rather to the grid (which is always NSEW).

I might try firing up the game just to see.

EDIT: Case in Point:

As always, Click for full size

Perfect, thanks a ton! It's been awhile since I've played the game. Looking forward to getting back into it.

Vlasky

SO what you're saying is that the sidewal texture doesn't even rotate no matter if the road is layed horizontally or vertically?

SO if my slabs are rectangular and not square, they won't rotate but on vertical (S>N) roads there will be visible vertical rectangles and on let's say horizontal (E>W), there will also be visible vertical rectangles instead of horizontal?

I'm asking because I am trying to create a base texture that I plan on using on my streetside modd that I want to make. Here'S THE IMAGE:

My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0