• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW and Euro-textures

Started by Larsaf, July 04, 2014, 02:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larsaf

Hello,

I use NAM32 and want to use the RHW with an "Euro Look". I made some installations with different Settings regarding the texture Options of the RHW, but i don't get rid of these yellow lines. To be sure that no other plugin disturbs NAM I moved all my plugins out of the way and my SC4-Plugin-Folder only contains the two NAM-Folders.

Any ideas?

regards
Klaus

MandelSoft

Can you check the contents of the folder "z___NAM\Road Textures\Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod\RHW". (If the folder is missing, the euro textures are missing too)

At the very least, it should contain a directory called: "0_Standard", containing 13 DAT files.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Larsaf

Hi,

I've tried different Settings and checked the folder. Depending on my choice a Folder named 1_xxx, 2_xxx etc will be created (never 0_xxx). I see in this folder only 1 file (or 4 files in 2_xxx).

I think there is something missing.  &mmm

regards
Klaus

Indiana Joe

I believe the regular Euro textures and textures for RHW are separate options in the installer.  Hunt through it again and see if you're missing the section for RHW textures.  It might be kind of hidden back in some sub options.

MandelSoft

Quote from: Larsaf on July 04, 2014, 03:56:50 AM
Hi,

I've tried different Settings and checked the folder. Depending on my choice a Folder named 1_xxx, 2_xxx etc will be created (never 0_xxx). I see in this folder only 1 file (or 4 files in 2_xxx).

I think there is something missing.  &mmm

regards
Klaus

This would indicate that the alternative textures were installed, but not the standard ones. That's odd indeed...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Larsaf

Indeed

I examined a backup that I made 3 months ago and there I found the Standard textures. At that time I had made a standard installation of NAM (today I made the custom installation). It's really odd.

regards
Klaus

CahosRahneVeloza

I had this same issue three months ago...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.msg479594#msg479594

... but nobody gave me an answer  ()sad()

I've since solved the problem with the Zebra crossings using Ebina's CPM...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=16516.msg480854#msg480854

.. but have yet to resolve the one regarding the RHW Euro textures.

And in reading this thread, I too am missing the  "0_Standard" folder. Within the "Euro Retexture\RHW" Folder all I have is the "3_Autobahn optional" folder & it only contains one (1) file, the "z1_RHW_P57_EuroTextures_CP_Autobahn" file.

Incidentally because I have yet to try the Euro version of the RHW, may I ask how do you tell which side of the Euro RHW goes on the inside seeing as the Euro textures don't have the yellow inside lane markings? Before you plop down the RHW starter piece or the ramp puzzle pieces, do the Euro RHW pieces show the yellow inside lines on them? Or do you rely on using the "DrawPaths" cheat to make sure?

Apple Delight

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on July 04, 2014, 03:18:57 PM
Incidentally because I have yet to try the Euro version of the RHW, may I ask how do you tell which side of the Euro RHW goes on the inside seeing as the Euro textures don't have the yellow inside lane markings? Before you plop down the RHW starter piece or the ramp puzzle pieces, do the Euro RHW pieces show the yellow inside lines on them? Or do you rely on using the "DrawPaths" cheat to make sure?
The wide shoulder should be on the outside and the narrow shoulder should be on the inside.

CahosRahneVeloza

OK I tried reinstalling NAM 32 several times now and I still can't get that "0_Standard" folder to install.

Clicking on the RHW options for the Euro textures only yields the various cosmetic options:

Apple Delight

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on July 05, 2014, 03:54:20 PM
OK I tried reinstalling NAM 32 several times now and I still can't get that "0_Standard" folder to install.

Clicking on the RHW options for the Euro textures only yields the various cosmetic options:
I had the same problem but z's instructions fixed it for me.
The post is here http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.msg476304#msg476304

CahosRahneVeloza

Quote from: Apple Delight on July 05, 2014, 07:41:30 PM
I had the same problem but z's instructions fixed it for me.
The post is here http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.msg476304#msg476304

Thanks a lot, that worked perfectly  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Apple Delight on July 04, 2014, 07:36:12 PM
The wide shoulder should be on the outside and the narrow shoulder should be on the inside.

Thanks for this information as well :)

Larsaf