• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GLR Grass Pieces

Started by coatimundi32, October 22, 2013, 09:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coatimundi32

I am trying to build a ground light rail in a green, suburban community, but I cannot find any ground light rail pieces that are built on grass instead of concrete except for the straight piece that comes with the NAM. Does anyone know of a mod or a reskin that could allow me to build all of the light rail pieces with a transparent or grass surface?

Tarkus

If you have the GLR Draggable Extension Plugin installed (it's only accessible if you go into custom installation and check the box for it), there's draggable grass-based GLR.  You may need to redraw sections of any Elevated Light Rail stretches, however, as the technique used to derive the interchangeable bases on the GLR Draggable Extension items required changing the implementation of the support pillars.

-Alex

coatimundi32

Quote from: Tarkus on October 23, 2013, 12:17:47 AM
If you have the GLR Draggable Extension Plugin installed (it's only accessible if you go into custom installation and check the box for it), there's draggable grass-based GLR.  You may need to redraw sections of any Elevated Light Rail stretches, however, as the technique used to derive the interchangeable bases on the GLR Draggable Extension items required changing the implementation of the support pillars.

-Alex

Can you use regular GLR stations or do you need draggable GLR stations? Also, can draggable GLR connect to ploppable GLR?

Tarkus

The GLR stations in the NAM are designed for use with Draggable GLR.  You can connect Draggable GLR with the ploppable Puzzle Piece GLR, and it's possible to connect the various types of Draggable GLR together as well, just by ending two types directly adjacent to one another.  Draggable GLR is advised as the preferred method of GLR construction since its advent in 2007, mainly due to the risks of crash-to-desktop (CTD) issues that can occur when ploppable "puzzle piece" items get in very close contact with Lot-based transit items, especially stations.

-Alex