• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Hillingdon - A river runs through it

Started by TheTeaCat, August 22, 2013, 02:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Welcome to Hillingdon my new MD.

I was going to do a big history on the background of the region with all the things you would expect like type of currency, the average conditions, lots of background information on it and all that but you know what - nope. I'll add that in as I go along.

I'll start off with a pic of the region I am going to use

The map by JPlumbley is available here, I'm using the Appalachian terrain Mod by Lowkee33
and the +åRDEN Seasonal Tree Controllers by vortext

Hope you join me in this new journey where I start from scratch.

until the next time,

TheTeaCat
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

Welcome back to the big, wide, wonderful world of MDing, Derry. The region map you have chosen is stunning, and filled with endless possibilities. Considering your skills, this is going to be a very exciting MD, so I impatiently await the first update. :)

art128

So It's official, Derry opens a new MD..  $%Grinno$%

Whelp, I'm in for some good things!  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

catty

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this map   &apls
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Gugu3

Swordmaster

Could it be true? Very good to have you back at it Derry!

Cheers
Willy

rooker1

Great to have you back Derry and starting a fresh MD is just a bonus for us. The map looks great.
I look forward to spending a lot of mornings sipping on my coffee following along.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Kergelen

It is great to have back a reputed member and HoF MD author as you!

Nice region you have chosen.

Links to SC4 websites

TheTeaCat

Hillingdon,
A pleasant valley where nobody lives , a pristine land with a railroad. who built nobody knows but rumours are it was done by TheTeaCat.
A mysterious benevolent player of Simcity4 who treats his adoring Sims with the care and attention they deserve. But this could all be a lie.
Apparently the TeaCat has been missing for a while and many doubt that he can live up to expectations but with enough sacrifices of Tea
and possibly a bit of encouragement he may return to guide his followers through a journey of wonderment once again.
Then again he may just be dreaming! You know what they say about letting sleeping gods and Dogs lie....

Anyway how's about some pics to whet your appetite?

"Summertime and the living is easy"

Pleasant conditions like I said above^^

We'll use these coins

though they may play hell with your pockets

Okay okay - some more interesting stuff - how about the route the railroad will take?

Look some tunnels!

Been messing about in the marshy bits ( which has played hell with the washing machine ::) )

Got to practice a bit more with my plop water and MMP's

Hired some dodgy company owned by some brothers by the name of Neil and Micheal. Both 30 years old and clearly out to rip me off!!
Laid all the roads and there was I thinking I was getting a good deal - Just look at the job they did and
all those odd lines they left all over the place!!

Two days after road laid all those potholes appeared. Looks like I gonna have top find a much more reputable company.
Anyways as you can see I'll be busy for some days in organising the repairs to the roads. I'll keep you all informed.

OOOh is that the kettle boiling?

till next time

TTC

ps Darn almost forgot

Thank you all for your encouraging comments I appreciate them all.
I'll do better replies next time I promise :thumbsup:
Derry
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

vester

Good to see you back MD'ing.

That is some coins, and people say Danish coins are strange, as 3 of them holes in them.

Looking forward to follow Hillingdon devolved.

Jmouse

My friend, you haven't lost your touch, have you? I'm so glad to see you enjoying a few rounds of creative region planning again. Your map, which I wish I had found first, :D is a perfect setting for lots of creative transport systems.

The rest of the photos, with one notable exception, really show off your terrain mod, and the attention to detail I have come to expect in your work. Now, about that money situation... Maybe that's the reason your road contractors cut and ran.

Watching Hillingdon grow is going to be a pleasure...
-Joan

threestooges

I'd hate to sit on one of those 25 cent pieces accidentally.

As for that first rail picture, is that a snow shed higher up toward the top of the frame? If so, where'd you find it?
-Matt

APSMS

Those coins give new meaning to quarter and half-dollar pieces (they seem a little bit too...literal).

A bit of a cool area to live in, though at least it doesn't get crazy hot.

Hope to see a bit more of the GNER as well. I wasn't around for the last time you did an MD, but I've heard (and seen, in the archives) stuff. Looking forward to this.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Gugu3

rooker1

Great stuff indeed!
Although we have talked about most of the stuff in this last update, I am super happy that you left some as surprise for me. I like the marshy areas and the river looks great too. The coins and weather conditions are interesting facts as well.
Trust me when I say, you are right back where you left off.
I can't wait to see how the towns start to form.....just don't hire those brothers ever again.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

TheTeaCat

A Teaser for you

Just to whet your appetite, back soon with more  :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

rooker1

Hmmmmm, great looking waterfalls and I love that windy road through the country side.
Can't wait to see the full update.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Gugu3

art128

Awesome teaser, Derry!

Though, I might advise you to use another rail bridge, or maybe just make it shorter so the metal pillars aren't directly in the water. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Jmouse

Nice teaser, Derry. I look forward to seeing a lot more of Hillingdon soon. :)