• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM for the Mac

Started by z, April 27, 2013, 03:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

It is well known that certain features of the NAM (such as the double-height rail networks) work fine on the PC but cause problems (such as crashes) on the Mac.  Unfortunately, as the NAM increases in size and number of features, the list of problematic features inevitably grows.  The NAM Team would like to do its best to support SC4 on the Mac, but the limitations in the Aspyr port present a number of significant problems.

One of the most promising potential solutions is for Mac users to run SC4 under Bootcamp or Wine.  This should theoretically allow all the features of SC4 and the NAM to be available to Mac users with no more problems than those experienced by Windows users.  Wine in particular is known to behave quite well under Linux.  Have people here tried running SC4 under Bootcamp or Wine?  If so, what was your experience?  Also, what do these systems report their version of Windows to be?

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated by the NAM Team.  Thanks! :)

memo

Well, dear NAM Team, I am running SC4 under Bootcamp, Win7. Since it essentially is a seperate Windows install, the SC4 experience is just like on any other PC. I highly recommend this.

I've also seen a report that the double height networks work fine on the Aspyr port since NAM 31.