• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Devotion LEX Updates - Now on HTTPS

Started by CasperVg, January 15, 2013, 02:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

unable to PM Caspervg as I am locked from doing so...  %confuso 

I am having serious issues with the LEX for teh passed 3 weeks... as I am unable to log correctly even when it says I am being loged on... then I am blocked from all features even though i am logged on... I have done all I know to do cleaning out the cache... changing passwords...

even Jmouse has tried to help to no avail    &mmm  ... what can be the issue?... if anyone knows how to get a hold of Caspervg on behalf would be greatly appreciated....  :thumbsup:   :)  THX

catty

First of all while I realize you want this fixed, it was not necessay to post this more than once, as for your problem, I'm assuming you have done all the usual things

Disabling Pop-up blocker for the LEX
Disabling any AD blocking programs for the LEX
Adding the LEX as a trusted zone if you are using IE (similiar program in Firefox).

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Jack_wilds

Pardon me Catty...

as I was experiencing some server glitches  ??? [here or there] telling me posts were not being posted so I posted again to make sure it was posted right... apparently everything posted...

sorry my bad...  &mmm 

the lex issue is just being very frustrating perplexing, even when the fixed; don't fix it... so I will just give up on it, then I will stop crying about it  :'( 

:satisfied:

catty

Quote from: Jack_wilds on February 19, 2014, 04:22:47 PM
.the lex issue is just being very frustrating perplexing, even when the fixed; don't fix it... so I will just give up on it, then I will stop crying about it ...

()sad()

I'm inclined to think its something in your computer or browser settings or your anti-virus software that's causing it, I'm happy to compare settings, etc with you maybe we can spot something.

I'm using Win 7 Home 64-bit, Firefox 27.0.1, Norton 360 and I've never had any problems using the LEX since it was updated.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Jack_wilds

here is some data to look at...

however, what makes this very perplexing and troublesome to understand is the LEX worked for me for well over a year the updates to the LEX never appeared to be a problem for weeks and then suddenly 3 weeks ago, the LEX started to act up with my passwords allowing me to 'log-in' but still blocked from using all privileges [download, tool bar, features, access my profile, even the 'log-out' button is gone]...  also I am not experiencing any troubles with other Sim Cities sites...

so if you have some ideas that will clear this mystery up would be appreciated...

Gateway MD7309u

Firefox 27.0.1

use System Mechanic Pro Vr 12.5

Operating System:      Windows 7 Home Premium* , Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601)
Default Language:      English
DirectX* Version:      11.0
Physical Memory:      2936 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory:   128 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory:   1340 MB
Graphics Memory in Use:   47 MB

Processor:      Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 Genuine Intel
Processor Speed:      dual core 2094 MHZ

*   Accelerator Information   *

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Current Graphics Mode:   1366 by 768 True Color (60 Hz)

catty

Quote from: Jack_wilds on February 20, 2014, 01:20:15 PM
...the LEX started to act up with my passwords allowing me to 'log-in' but still blocked from using all privileges [download, tool bar, features, access my profile, even the 'log-out' button is gone]...  also I am not experiencing any troubles with other Sim Cities sites... .

I'm at work so this is going to be quick, this is always happening to me as they are on a toolbar which can hide itself, you have to click something at the top of the screen to get them back, I'll have a look tonight and see what it is I click to get the menu back

-catty

catty

Typical the one time you want your computer to play up and lose the LEX menu bar it won't do it, all I can remember is I just click where the menu should be and I get it back again, as for your computer settings we have a few differences between us, like I have 8GB of memory and a single core sandy bridge processor, and I'm still using DirectX 9, but there is no major computer differences between us, software is the same except for the "System Mechanic Pro Vr 12.5", which I don't have, I'm not even sure I know what it does as to whether it would impact on you using the LEX

%confuso

Jack_wilds

still no changes in what is occurring...  ()sad()

feel as though I have been relegated to the LEX-doghouse...  ??? I have been using system pro as long as I have been involved with Sim-cities with no issues... so I am pretty certain thats not the issue...

its very frustrating  %confuso

THX for your help as much as U could...

perhaps when CasperVg returns he can look into this...  :)

gi

I have had the same problem ever since I changed from Windows XP to Windows 8. I can get into the LEX but cannot download anything as it just keeps asking for the password.
It seems to be some "falling out" between the LEX and the OS because if I go into the LEX on my laptop, which runs Linux, everything is fine (I then download the file I want on that machine and transfer it to my PC via Dropbox; clunky but it works.)
I have no experience of Windows 7 so I don't know why it should have started misbehaving for you; have you run an upgrade lately?

Jack_wilds

I am as updated as much as I know to be... it doesn't help that I had do issues for well over an 2-3 year andthat the update of teh lex no issues for till 4 weeks ago...  %confuso

CasperVg

I've fixed a bug in the bulk dependency download system (thanks Dudeman4250!) today.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

CasperVg

I have fixed a bug in the image thumbnail system that was causing missing thumbnail for certain files (thanks to FrankU, vester, Girafe for noticing it).

Authors/creators of files that were affected should re-upload the day/preview image for each affected file (I've tried my best to fix as many as possible myself, but it's possible that I've missed one). I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

vester

I had a problem with one of my images as it would show. Then I opened up the image in IrfanView and saved it again. Problem solved.
Good to hear you got the problem solved in your end.  :thumbsup:

All images is showing  ;D Great work.  :thumbsup:

CasperVg

Also, at vester's request, there's now a way to remove previously uploaded secondary and big images:

Removing the primary image is not possible, because it is used in search results. ;)
You may have to clear cache before your browser will show the changes.

vester

Thank you, Casper, AGAIN! You are working fast. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Didn't need to clear the cache.

hellodave

Firstly, well done and massive thanks to Casper for his work on the LEX, really nice and such an improvement  &apls

I have an issue though, for some reason I've been unable to get the Download Later button to show.
I've disabled every browser extension and I've tried several browsers.

Luckily, I'm also a web developer, so I've managed to write a javascript bookmarklet that does the job.
I'll happily share it here if other people might find it useful, but thought I should check with Casper first?
Unable to PM so I'm posting here.

It uses the LEX API and gets authorization details from localStorage, just like the actual LEX.
It's basically some of the javascript from the LEX packaged in a bookmark :)

It is odd that it's not showing up though, I've looked through the javascript and I can't see where it would be added.

CasperVg

Quote from: hellodave on July 31, 2014, 10:02:41 AM
Firstly, well done and massive thanks to Casper for his work on the LEX, really nice and such an improvement  &apls

I have an issue though, for some reason I've been unable to get the Download Later button to show.
I've disabled every browser extension and I've tried several browsers.

Luckily, I'm also a web developer, so I've managed to write a javascript bookmarklet that does the job.
I'll happily share it here if other people might find it useful, but thought I should check with Casper first?
Unable to PM so I'm posting here.

It uses the LEX API and gets authorization details from localStorage, just like the actual LEX.
It's basically some of the javascript from the LEX packaged in a bookmark :)

It is odd that it's not showing up though, I've looked through the javascript and I can't see where it would be added.

Sure, feel free to release it. Things like that are exactly why I developed the LEX API, go right ahead :)

I just noticed that I can't see the "Add to download list" button either right now. I fear I may have accidentally overwritten/deleted the code for them in a change I made a few weeks ago. I'll check it out tomorrow when I have access to my dev computer.

hellodave

Ok cool, I don't seem able to post it as an actual link people can drag to their bookmarks bar, so here is the code instead.

Instructions

• Copy the code below
  • Create a new bookmark
  • Give it a name like "Download later" or something
  • In the URL part, paste the code from below
  • Click the bookmark when viewing a file on the LEX to add it to your download list

javascript:(function(){
var this_url = document.URL;
var this_url_arr = this_url.split('=');
var this_file_id = this_url_arr[1];
if(this_url_arr[0] == 'http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET')
{
if(!isNaN(parseFloat(this_file_id)) && isFinite(this_file_id))
{
var requestOptions = {
url : 'http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/api/v1/lot/' + this_file_id + '/download-list',
type : 'GET',
cache : false,
dataType : 'json',
headers : {
'Authorization' : 'Basic ' + localStorage.getItem('lex_auth')
},
timeout : 3000,
async : true,
success : function(){alert('File successfully added to download list!');},
error : function(){alert('An error occured, punch someone quick.');}
};
$.ajax(requestOptions);
}
else
{
alert('No file id found');
}
}
else
{
alert('This link only works on the view file page of SC4D LEX.');
}         
})();

I'm sure as soon as I post this I'll find a way to improve it.... but oh well.
If anyone can post it as a link that might make things easier.

CasperVg

Download List buttons should be back in action. Seems like I deleted the code behind them somehow. Luckily there was a backup :)

CasperVg

the SC4D LEX API v2 has been released. Aside from a few bugfixes, this release also comes with built-in support for searching by name. Eventually this change will be used to allow end-users to search files by name on the LEX as well. This was not possible before (except through the Google search page)