• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Looking For SC4Update4BAT.exe (BAT Night Lights Fix)

Started by Enigma, January 01, 2013, 12:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enigma

I have the latest version of SC 4 Deluxe, bought it from Steam quite awhile back. But after not playing for awhile I have resumed, and find that I need this patch. It's no longer available on any of EA's support sites, I found another forum that told me to look here, and immediately realized I'm already a member. Can anyone provide a link to this file, as well as any other recommended fixes I might need?

Thanks!
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.  Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy..........and ideas are bulletproof".

M4346

You can find it here on SC4D by clicking on the EA Support tab on the right hand side of the forum (below the NAM button and next to the subscribe button) or by clicking on this link and accepting the terms and conditions -> click!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Enigma

@M4346: Thanks for the links. Will the file(s) at the link you provided work for the Steam version of the game, or only for retail? I'm not in a good position to install the game because I'm having alot of other PC-related issues.

Removed references to piracy--see SC4D Forum Rule #8. -Tarkus, Admin

Thanks!
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.  Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy..........and ideas are bulletproof".

Tarkus

The Steam version is, to my knowledge, Version 1.1.641, which is pre-patched and should not need the nightlight fix.

-Alex

Enigma

Hmm........that's interesting. I always thought the latest version was 1.1.638.0, not 1.1.641.0. Where can the 1.1.641.0 patch be obtained if you're running the retail version? i've never seen it on any of EA's official support sites, much less heard of it at all. I'll have to check the next time I reinstall.

It also says you removed a reference to piracy, which is fine, my apologies. But US copyright law allows a licensee to make ONE, and ONLY one, backup copy of licensed software. Certainly the Steam version is licensed to me. And regardless of the legality of, shall we say, UNAUTHORIZED files, I still choose to use them. I'm sure you may have also heard of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, signed into law by President Clinton in 1998. It has provisions for this. I know of these things because a close friend is a copyright attorney, and I'm well aware of my legal rights.

Tarkus

There's several different version numbers out there:

1.0.x - This is pre-Rush Hour/Deluxe SC4 ("SC4 Vanilla")
1.1.610 - This is the version of SC4 as installed directly from the original retail CDs.
1.1.613 - Some retail copies purchased outside the US have this version number.
1.1.638 - This is the version of SC4 after the EP1 patch has been applied.
1.1.640 - This is the version number after the nightlight patch is installed.
1.1.641 - This is the version number of the Steam version and other official digital downloads.  This version has all the fixes included in 1.1.638 and 1.1.640 applied.

As far as the copyright/distribution issues, they're a controversial subject in the SC4 community as a whole, especially when certain words are invoked.

-Alex (Tarkus)