• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.p.

Thanks FrankU for the comment.  It does match the brick texture from my texture pack.  I'm glad someone might find it useful :)

If there are any SCILT options that anyone doesn't like, or doesn't think should be uploaded let me know; (I don't want to flood the LEX with more of these than I have to. ;) )  I'll probably show some more SCILT options in my next update.

For today's update, how about another BAT?  This is Briggsbury Police Station:

I made 4 ortho versions of it and 4 diagonal.  I'm thinking I'll make growable CO$$$ lots, as well as police stations from the ortho.  For the Diagonals, I'm leaning strongly toward CO ploppable for the main building, and IM ploppable for the garages, but am open to other suggestions.

It is loosely based on this Greek Revival Bed and Breakfast in Belfast, Maine:

Duftus

I just wanted to tell that your Bats are among my favourits. They're just beautiful!!

Jack_wilds

luv what you are doing... while you are at  ;D   the civic stuff that is... don't forget the post office and a 'newish' city hall [its greek revival that was expanded]  ;) :P ::)

its a well done for this promising and exciting project... expecting it to reach the lex soon...  :thumbsup:

Simcoug

I love the model for the police station - it is a very unique design.  The wide range of variations is an added bonus.  I think a ploppable IM for the separate garage is a good idea, and will be quite versatile.  :thumbsup:

Since you are planning to mod it as a police station, would it be possible to include a flag prop that would hang above the main entrance... just a thought (and as a separate prop, it could always be remove by those who don't want it... but It may not even be possible due to LOD issues...).
for example:

c.p.

Thanks Duftus, Jack_Wilds, and Simcoug for your comments :)

Simcoug:  I'm not sure if the flag will work well.  Perhaps there is already a similar flag prop out there, so I could try it out?  (If anyone knows of one let me know)

Sorry it's been so long between updates.  (I've been sick).  For this update, here are some more SCILT options I'm considering:

vortext

While the concept of SCILT is ingenious, I'm not too sure about the selection as these sidewalks are hardly ever used anymore. Let alone the fact they're not HD. Maybe you should have a look at Gobias' HD sidewalks and - as Simcoug suggested earlier - at Paengs Sandstone Sidewalks, the latter is widely used nowadays.

Alternatively maybe I could render a few HD textures which could then be SCILT-ified?! Here're some wip examples from the texture pack I'm working on (and should get back to asap  ::))

*click for full size, zoom6 is shown*

Proper sidewalk textures to accompany the cobble stone roads is something I want to make anyway, so this might be a good opportunity to start. At any rate, just thinking out loud here. Hope you get well soon!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Simcoug

I like the idea of a C.P. - vortext texture team  :D

I forgot to mention that Paeng got back to me and would be happy to let you use any of his textures, C.P.

Quote from: PaengOh sure, I'd be honored... All my textures can be used in any way he deems useful/sensible.

I hope you are feeling better. 

metarvo

The inclusion of diagonals continues to be a winning idea with me.  Briggsbury Police Station looks good in any of its rotations or texture/color variations.  SCILT is a fine idea, too, and I'm sure it will bring added cohesiveness to our paved areas.  Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

c.p.

Thanks vortext, Simcoug, and metarvo  :)

As far as I know, none of the SCILT versions shown in my last update match any existing sidewalk mods.  Each of those SCILT versions would have a new sidewalk mod built into them (since there is no existing sidewalk mod for them).  At the moment, the only ones in that picture I'm set on making are The BSC Cobblestone, BSC Fieldstone, and Maxis Wood Plank.  Any others I'll make only if there is interest.

vortext: Your textures look great.  I would be happy to SCILT-ify whatever you want to send my way.  (Up to a maximum texture size of 256x256 for HD textures.)  Gobias' sidewalks are one of the first things I SCILT-ified.  I've tried contacting him to get his OK, but he apparently has better things to do in the beautiful spring weather than dealing with simcity texture mods. :D  I haven't decided what I am going to do if I don't hear from him. ()what()

Simcoug: thanks for getting the OK from Paeng.  :thumbsup: I downloaded his textures, and from what I've seen they look really nice.  I'll probably SCILT-ify all of them.

Here are the Gobias versions:

Simcoug

I really hope you are able to get in touch with Gobias, because he really has some great textures. 

I completely forgot to get back to you regarding the flag question.  I know Darknono35 accomplished the effect with his American International Building.  I'm assuming that if the LODs are tight enough, then you can sneak some overhanging props next to the building and make it look like they are attached.  But I am no BATer, so I really can't say for sure.  I just know that when I work on lotting, some models that have really tight LODs allow props to be placed right up next to the building, while others do not. 

I was able to get some billboards to work on your Tenements, so I imagine a flag prop would work too  ()what()

FrankU

Maybe this is a stupid remark....
But please do not forget:
I sincerely would like to have a SCILT for your own red brick and for the Paeng sandstone (as far as I know he based it on Maxis sandstone textures).
Otherwise: everything you add will be welcomed by someone, so don't hesitate to add what you feel like.

c.p.

Thanks Simcoug and Frank

Simcoug: I'm thinking it will move up and down, depending on the slope.  Maybe if it is to the side of the entry, rather than directly over it it will work.  Also, someone must have created a similar prop already(???)

Frank: I haven't forgotten.  I will be doing those, for sure.  (The red brick one is already done).

For today's update, here are some in-game shots of Thwackmore Elementary School and Bernsen Falls Fire Station:

The Diagonal version of the fire station:

romualdillo

I only want to say that I like the way you work. Variety in ploppable lots, specially in civic buildngs, makes the game look very realistic. And all your buildings are slope-friendly  ;D :thumbsup:

kelis

oh my... this is amazing my friend !! I love how your buildings looks, fantastic work as always  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Simcoug

Hmmm... I didn't think about how slope would effect the flag prop...  ()what()

And as far as props, the only flag prop designed to work against a building that I know of is that one I linked to by Darknono.   &Thk/(

Great work on the elementary school!  And those pics with the diagonal buildings (and on slopes no less) look spectacular!

Jack_wilds

luv the progress... its all good,  :thumbsup:

the time period of Americana is captured so well in your work...

anticipate a LEX bonanza when all is released...

vortext

Quote from: c.p. on May 20, 2014, 07:48:26 AM
vortext: Your textures look great.  I would be happy to SCILT-ify whatever you want to send my way.  (Up to a maximum texture size of 256x256 for HD textures.) 

Sweet! Now I really should get back into PS to finish it up but the weather is pretty nice here, too! Anyway, what format do you want these in? I'm guessing png . .?!

The fire station is great! Though I'm wondering how far the firemen will go with a flower arrangement as windscreen.  $%Grinno$% :D
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

bap

C.P., the lots are excellent as usual, and the diagonal versions are incredible!   :thumbsup: I particularly liked the firetruck with flowers on top of it  :P (I guess this is a risk we have to face when plopping buildings on a diagonal road). I hope you are fully recovered.

noahclem

Awesome work once again  :o  I hope you're able to get in contact with Gobias as he's dearly missed. Speaking only for myself, I'd imagine it would be okay to use his textures if you give him credit for them.

c.p.

Thanks romualdillo, kelis, Simcoug, Jack_wilds, vortext, bap, and Noah for your comments :)

vortext: .png would be great (though pretty much any format would probably be fine).

bap: Yes, I thought the fowers on the firetruck were a nice decorative touch. ::)  Plopping stuff along diagonal and FAR networks seem pretty unpredictable, in terms of whether a sidewalk shows up and/or a bunch of odd props, such as the flowerpots, or trees in planters, etc.  C'est la vie.  At this point, the NAM seems to be still changing/evolving.  So no point worrying about it for now.  And thanks for the recovery wishes.  (Frustratingly, no recovery yet, but at least I'm not getting worse.  ::) )

Noah: I'm thinking if Gobias doesn't get back to me, I might take the chance and release them anyway.  Since, in effect, I'll be enhancing and promoting his sidewalk mod, (and not competing with it), it seems unlikely that he would object.  If he does object, for whatever reason, I can easily remove them from the LEX.  His creations are really high-quality.  Hopefully he comes back and creates more of them.

For today's update, here is an in-game shot of Briggsbury Police Station:

The diagonal version as a ploppable CO$$$ lot:

The Briggsbury garage, as a diagonal ploppable IM lot:

The FAR version of the Thwackmore Elementary School (modded as a private school reward):