• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Port St Claire (#36)

Started by Swordmaster, October 07, 2012, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambuckel

As I've just read it, deepest concolences about your grandmother from me as well.

It's really high time for me to have a look at all those beautiful pictures that you've created since my last visit. They are so detailed and so lovingly arranged. I love the atmosphere they have around them.

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Swordmaster

P O R T    S T    C L A I R E
O S I T M   1 2 / 1 2

I've already started New Year's celebrations. . . I'm a little tipsy, so disregard any trees that may have ended up out of line. 'Tis after all the only time of the year I allow myself a drink. (Absurd job. . . )

Today we're looking at another little tribute to someone who's contributed a lot to the game lately. Got some stables, got some horses. . . must be Theresa's Farm. Still the same area, this one is in the southeastern corner of the tile.

You're not getting tired of big pictures, are you? We're just getting started.

1.  Overview facing north.  (Larger version: 1920px – 1.1 MB)

2.  Facing south.  (Larger version: 1920px – 2 MB)  -  (Even larger version: 3646px – 8.3 MB)

3.  Facing west. As you can see, these big landowners have slightly more fancy houses than the sorry lot whose dwellings we usually get to look at. Not the Great American Ranch yet, though. (Larger version: 1920px – 1.2 MB)

4.  This must be her. Nice hat! I think she's going riding in the big enclosure. (Larger version: 1920px – 1.2 MB)

5.  Facing east. (Larger version: 1920px – 1.2 MB)

Replies

Quote from: nbvcFantastic work. &apls
Thanks!

Quote from: art128Willy, these last four pictures are really impressive. They're like a piece of arts. I cannot even say which one is my favorite as I like them all the same.
Thanks Arthur! I always look forward to you visiting.

Quote from: GirafeFabulous delta  &apls &apls &apls
Thanks Antoine! Not a delta, though – it's the opposite. The creek flows from the lake, not towards it. I'll bring a map if I find one.

Quote from: UzilFantastics pictures, as usual  ;)
You are a master with this game now.
The only thing I've mastered is the sword! Alright. . .  thanks!

Quote from: weixc812Amazing  &apls &apls
I love the way you deal with the riverbanks, sometimes you just cannot tell it's terran or water.
The scenes are so real  :thumbsup:
Thanks Nick! I'm sure you're referring to the mud that ends up on the banks. Sometimes, it's hard to tell in the real world whether it's solid ground at all.

Quote from: sunv123The Delta is magnificent. The flora blends in perfectly with the water, it's hard to say if the water is real or not. It's just amazing. Floraers will have loved it. :thumbsup:

So i'll have to wait until 2014 to see an airport? :o That..... :'(

Have you ever thought up of having a corn maze in the corn field? ;)
Thanks! The water is all real. . .  And yes, we'll have to wait for a whole lot of things besides airports. But we've got all the time of the world. Careful preparation will make the end result so much better. I hope.

A corn maze? Maybe one day. Like I've mentioned before, these people are trying to survive. Not much room for fancy stuff I'm afraid.

Quote from: MTT9Great update Willy! That delta looks amazing ;)
Thanks Matt!

Quote from: KergelenYes, this is art! &apls

I'm falling in love with your region ;D. What you have shown till now is amazing but I guess will be even better in the future.
Why? Because now you have a consistent combination of your own Lots, mods, water textures, and great MMPing...
And now every small improvement will add excepcional quality to your region.
Hold on, senor! If this is art, I may get subsidized. . . I'll petition the city council on that. As to what the future will bring: the more innovations, the denser the scenery will become. Rails, streetcars, freeways; and that's just transit. I hope to get there before too long.

If the combination were to become inconsistent, I trust you'll sound the alarm. I spend such a lot of time looking at it that things seem fine whatever I do. The dangers of familiarity. . .

Quote from: rambuckelAs I've just read it, deepest concolences about your grandmother from me as well.

It's really high time for me to have a look at all those beautiful pictures that you've created since my last visit. They are so detailed and so lovingly arranged. I love the atmosphere they have around them.
Thanks Theresa! I hope you catch this update ;)

We'll be back on the last day of the year.

Cheers
Willy

rambuckel

Wow, thanks a lot! These pictures are beautiful again. And you're right: If I had a farm it would probably look like this. It would surely have a lot of pastures around.

sunv123

More beautiful farms pics, plus the beauty of fall! :thumbsup: Plus, shouldn't the crops be harvested already? The days are turning cold, so they won't survive.

Never knew you were a train engineer. Great job, eh? :D Talking about the airport, don't look at the Winding River Project for answers. Sorry mrbisonm, but they don't look too nice. ()sad()
It seems like NOBODY can resist Rambuckel's new horses. ()flamdev()
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Swordmaster

P O R T    S T    C L A I R E
O S I T M   1 2 / 1 2

Final OSITM update. . . I'm missing it already.

These are the remaining scenes from the same quad. But a little extra here. I've been showing a great deal of pictures this month, many of which zoomed up close. That's all nice, but they carry more meaning to me than to any of you, if only due to the fact that I know their precise location on the map. With this update, I'm trying to make a start to improve on that problem. I hope that by including this nifty overview, some of the things you see make a little more sense.

But 19 pictures is a lot of numbers, and the result is that you can't actually see anything on this overview. So included is a clean version of it directly underneath.

One last word, I have to apologize for something I truly dread seeing in any MD. . . quad borders. I hope I'm forgiven for this singular occasion – I won't make a habit out of it.

0a. 

0b.  (HD version)

1.  The pastures to the west of Maddox Pond are all owned by James Bonham. This is the better part of his cattle, grazing in the summer sun.  (HD version)

2.  Bonham's old farm house.  (HD version)

3.  Look what Santa brought me. . . rolling barrels! Thanks again, Jim.  (HD version)

4.  The entrance to Billy Hennings' farm.  (HD version)

5.  Needs to expand if he wants to stay in business.  (HD version)

6.  Giddy up!  (HD version)

7.  Lakefront real estate. Something for Joan?  (HD version)

8.  Here's our main road again. We saw this one in Logan as well (#4 and #6 from this month).  (HD version)

9.  Other side of the lake. Maybe a good fishing spot?  (HD version)

10.  You don't say, heh?  (HD version)

11.  Myers Farm again, in summer this time.  (HD version)

12.  Did anyone say "main" road? Not exactly the heydays of the DOT yet.  (HD version)

13.  Hennings' property again. Looks like he took my advice.  (HD version)

14.  Barton sheriff's inspecting. No laws are broken here, I swear.  (HD version)

15.  Random site along Valley Hill Creek. The little pathway is a private iniative, of course.  (HD version)

16.  An as of yet unnamed hamlet.  (HD version)

17.  Thomas Quigley's place, another Scottish landowner. Owns everything between Maddox Pond and Pryce Woods. That's 342 acres, if you please. Yes, I counted.  (HD version)

18.  Who lets the dogs out? (Don't look for dogs here, there aren't any. Silly me.)  (HD version)

19.  Finishing where we were last time. . .  (HD version)

Replies

Quote from: rambuckelWow, thanks a lot! These pictures are beautiful again. And you're right: If I had a farm it would probably look like this. It would surely have a lot of pastures around.
Thanks! You're in the top 3 of landowners on this particular quad  ;)

Quote from: sunv123More beautiful farms pics, plus the beauty of fall! :thumbsup: Plus, shouldn't the crops be harvested already? The days are turning cold, so they won't survive.

Never knew you were a train engineer. Great job, eh? :D Talking about the airport, don't look at the Winding River Project for answers. Sorry mrbisonm, but they don't look too nice. ()sad()
It seems like NOBODY can resist Rambuckel's new horses. ()flamdev()
Thanks, but . . . not sure about your reference to Fred. There's a lot you and I can learn from him. . .  If you've got criticism for him, please don't do it in my thread. That's unfair.

See you all around soon to fill up the remaining. . . er . . . ten million of these quads.

Cheers
Willy

vester

Looking at these picture, I almost forget its from SimCity4.

Wow just one word: beau-ti-ful.

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 23, 2012, 09:58:47 AM
Thank you, Arne. And welcome to PSC, too. You surely made a calculated entrance here with post #200!
Leave that to other people. Pure coincidence that it was post #200.

Hope you have some plans for some more dens city, maybe even w2w.

MTT9

These are great! Both the overviews and the little details. Such a beautiful scenary.
Happy 2013 to you too :)
You can call me Matt

Jmouse

Well, it looks like I've made a fine mess of things. I thought I had already posted, but obviously I haven't. I've been awfully busy the past few days, but feel like I haven't accomplished very much.

You're making a grand exit which rivals your grand entrance in OSITM six pages ago! I love the interesting shapes of the fields in 0b. This could easily be an aerial photo. The old farmhouse in 2 shows an excellent job of LEing, and your tree placement is faultless – that's a feature on which I often compliment Noah. As I soak up the details in the next several scenes, one thing especially catches my eye. I love the way you use the sand to soften fence lines, pathways and similar areas.

I also love the water mod you're using. It looks so real in 7 and 9 along with several more which follow these. And yes, Joan would love to live in that lakeside estate. :) A favorite? You've got to be kidding! Every single one of these little jewels is a masterpiece, but 18 and 15 would be mighty close to the top of the list.

Port St Claire has made a stunning impact this month, and I will, indeed, have a Happy 2013 if you maintain this level of quality which I'm sure you will.

Happy New Year to you and all who read this message...
-Joan

dedgren

An incredible OSITM run, Willy.  This is the kind of MDing that brings all the aspects of what is possible with this game together.  It reads from start to finish like a good story, with the incredible pics doing the talking.

Count on Port St. Claire to be part of making 2013 a great year for playing SC4.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sunv123

I'm sorry to hear that I had hurt your feelings, I want to smack myself for that.

The farms look great, the rivers look so complex, It's almost like i'm in a little Bi-plane swooping through. :thumbsup:

It was a great month with Port St. Claire and it is sad that it is coming to an end. &cry2 Still, we hope for a bright future to come!

Hope you have a happy new year! 2013, here we come! :party:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

tb7

No 16 is my favorite - your play with our SC4-plants. Very nice rural pics!  :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

Your rural pics continue to delight and impress. I wish mine were that good. :D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

ecoba

Willy, my habit of lurking has again gotten the best of me!  :P

I've been snooping around here throughout December simply being astonished by your work; perhaps I was speechless? The level of intricacy and detail and all-around perfection with which you play the game is something which I have been trying to achieve for years. All of your pictures look like they could be right out of someone's camera; you truly have mastered a rural American scene.

I will enjoy watching the seasons pass both in your MD and as Port St. Claire evolves over the coming four.

Happy new year!
Ethan

apeguy

First comment here, from what I've seen I wish I'd been following this MD from the beginning. I love the rural theme and all the detailing, especially around the river. Makes me want to try my hand at rural areas. Nice work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

rambuckel

Your speed of updating is really amazing! I'd never be able to create that quality in such a short time!  &apls &apls

Brilliant scenes again!

Gugu3

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Piterdaw1

Your farmlands are great. It's really impressive.  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Wow, I feel like every time I turn around for a minute something amazing happens here! The level of perfection of these scenes is...I don't even know what to say. Just wow. I absolutely love the way the water, flora, and terrain look in these scenes. So many good ideas, so much excellent work.

Happy 2013 to you and PSC!!!

Simcoug

Great update!  I love that last far zoom pic - looking forward to what you will surprise us with in 2013  :thumbsup: