• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Can't Level (or change terrian up or down)

Started by Kitsune, August 14, 2012, 04:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

I have a tile that if I try to level an area of land using road, street tiles or just the plain level tool it CTD's.. and I'm even having this problem with an empty plugins folder.. has anyone had this problem before? I can upload the tile if someone wants to play around with it too.
~ NAM Team Member

catty

Quote from: Kitsune on August 14, 2012, 04:43:03 PM
...has anyone had this problem before? ...

I haven't but I remember reading a topic from someone on this site who was having the same problem ... I think and this is a very much a guess that it was SC4BOY who reported it.

I don't think it was solvable and I think he just ending up putting trees? or something on the effected area.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Kitsune

First let me say the region I'm using is the bordertown region... this might impact a lot of people as my original bordertown region has this bug. However I did some more indepth investigations... and discovered atleast two ways to fix this:

1) Launch a volcano over the area... you'll be able then to level the land.
or 2) Paint the area in Tornado debris... this for some reason allows you to level land afterwards. The bad thing in my case is there are other area's affected.. which still prevents me from using the set sea level cheat.

Interestingly... meteor strikes lead to a CTD too. So Volcano's and Tornadoes are doing somthing interesting to the land.
~ NAM Team Member

catty

Quote from: Kitsune on August 14, 2012, 05:43:35 PM
1) Launch a volcano over the area... you'll be able then to level the land.
or 2) Paint the area in Tornado debris... this for some reason allows you to level land afterwards...

interesting, I don't normally play around with the disasters, except the meteor strikes ... you can get some interesting landscapes after a few meteors

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Wiimeiser

Quote from: Kitsune on August 14, 2012, 05:43:35 PMSo Volcano's and Tornadoes are doing somthing interesting to the land.
That would probably be the lava/tornado model.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Kitsune

Well I solved it: Back in August I was experimenting with a new tree controller. I removed the old one without removing the trees... and I didnt get any brown boxes, so I thought the trees had deleted (killed?) themselves. I re-installed it because I needed it for another region last weekend... and today I loaded the region with the bug again to fiddled around the downtown core. To my surprise, the old trees re-appeared and I no longer had the issue... problem solved it seems.
~ NAM Team Member

mrbisonm

Sorry that I am late and come while the problem is solved already, but I had that problem too. As a matter of fact many times until I learned that you have to remove the trees before you remove the controller.
So, now that you learned the hard way like me, you'll know better what to do when it happens again. Good luck.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)