• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Shaping Invermere Valley - Update 42 1/11/08

Started by jimmymac, June 11, 2007, 08:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

Back to the beautiful Farmland again.  Its just... stunning.  I cant wait to see the rolling hills of Farmland to the south of the city across the river.  Maybe even with some emerging suburbs to intrude on the Farmers, it will be interesting to see how you present this.

Keep up the great work!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jimmymac

bat: I'm really taking to doing the agricultural areas, I hope to have another agriculture update again soon as the flatlands are rapidly becoming my favourite area in Invermere Valley.

rooker1 (Robin): Glad you liked the farms, I truely think it was the greatest mistake I ever made accidently destroying the farms that I origionally did, the new area looks much better and conforms better for the CAM.

tooheys (Dave): Wait till you see the next rural update, it's going to be interesting...  $%Grinno$%

Shadow Assassin: Firstly welcome to Invermere Valley. The shadows are a problem for me right now, as you rightly spotted I am running in software mode, this is because SimCity 4 is not compatible with my new video card (Ati HD 2900 XT) and I am having to run the game in software to avoid lots of graphical glitches. I have actually removed the long shadows mod now because of this, and I am planning to try running it with a few tweaked settings to try and get hardware back.

jplumbley: Ask and ye shall recieve, next rural update you should see a town or two appearing in the flatlands. And trust me, like everything in this MD, there will be a back story to it.

patfirefghtr (Pat): Thank you very much for the kind compliment, I'm not sure I'm at god status yet, but I shall certainly keep working at it and hopefully like all things thusfar, it will get better with time.

---------------------------------------------

Update 24 - The Coming Of The Colossus

It's finally time for the update that will mark a major change for Invermere Valley, the inclusion of the CAM. This update will focus on the effects it had straight away and then next update we will see some longer term effect. I also plan to go over the changes that were made following advice given in update 20, which just proves that all advice is taken to heart and in the most part probably used.

Firstly we see the new part of the CBD and some of the new buildings which have grown there thanks to the CAM re-assigning of some of the more commonly growing buildings.

More buildings crop up around the building sites, including the brand new GLR station and some of MAS71's awesome triangle parks.

An overall of that area as a whole and it's relation to everything else in Bedford.

More work on the CBD sector, including the end of the avenue GLR for that area and another GLR station.

Finally the Bengals Stadium gets some sponsership. Hyundai were quick to build offices nearby and sponsered new uniforms for the team, complete with the Hyundai logo on them.

Now we jump to the former Asian buildings, which have now been demolished to make way for a newer project, only time will tell if the residents prefer this style...

Work continues on the new housing area.

FINALLY the return of the mid-rises thanks to the CAM and it's redistribution.

Now for the eagle-eyed among you, you might realise that this is indeed the 2nd airport shuttle in Bedford, commercial demand is that high thanks to the CAM.

Now that is all for this update, I hope you have enjoyed it. I would very much appriciate feedback on that residential zone, as I think it looks much better, but there again I thought the Asian buildings looked ok, so what do I know. On Monday we will see the major impacts of the CAM on Bedford, so until then have a good weekend.

Stu

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

jimmymac

patfirefghtr (Pat): I'm glad you liked it, I hope you think as much of todays update as you did that one.

bat: Wait till you see what happens to downtown in todays update, it looks very very different to what it did.

Update 25 - The Arrival Of The Colossus

It's time for part 2 of the first CAM update, this one will show the longer lasting effects of the CAM on Bedford in general.

Firstly we see the smaller shops that have developed around the GLR terminal, very different from how they origionally looked thanks to the CAM redistributing a few lots to higher levels.

Some more lower level buildings around the outskirts of the CBD.

Getting higher as we move toward the stadium.

The return of the mid-rise sector, and again finally we have grading leading into the city from houses to apartments to mid-rise condos and finally to the high rises.

No we can see the new residential high rises, very different to how they origionally looked thanks to the CAM.

The start of the new CBD including a new mammoth office building dominating the skyline.

The development around the stadium is now complete, many office workers find excuses to work nights when the Bengals play at home.

The commerce and residential mix now looks much more even.

Development continues around the BAST tower, including some new ones growing in as we speak.

The southern side of the business district.

More development being zoned in and more development from the previous update.

The northern side of the CBD.

That is all for today, I hope you enjoyed this look at Bedford post CAM. I would just like to take this chance to thank BSC for putting the CAM together, it has truely unleashed a new level of development in a city that had actually stopped growing.

I will return friday with another update, until then I hope you all have a good week.

Stu

jplumbley

You CAMelized Invermere Valley... SWEET!!  Just stunning, you've left me speechless this time.  I always try to post something that has some use... but this time Im useless.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

beskhu3epnm

Yes sir, all CAMmed up and ready to roll I see.

Man, Bedford will touch the sky at last. Too bad those stage 15's are no match for the peaks in the distance...!

Awesome update. I see no end to this MD!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Shadow Assassin

It looks great!

Everything looks good, you might have to break out the bulldozer tool for a couple of those repetitious high-rise apartment buildings once in a while.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

rooker1

Frist of all great looking city and second it looks like the cam really worked well in your city.  You have so many skyscrapers, great work.

Robin   &apls
Call me Robin, please.

bat

That Downtown is looking very fantastic! Great parks! Wonderful work! :thumbsup:

Snaper

serenity086

With the CAM, everything is starting to look even more better. Great updates, I cant wait to see the next one.  ;D

Come Visit Murdock Valley

RippleJet

Even I have been lurking secretly in here. ::)

And even I am amazed at what I'm seeing! :thumbsup:

Krio

Looking good, but something is missing  &mmm But CAM is doing great job for your cities  &apls

tooheys

Stu, a nice couple of updates, sorry I didn't drop round earlier.

Bedford seems to have handled the CAM quite well, it's certainly still a good looking city. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to see how things "pop up" going forward.

cheers

Dave

jimmymac

jplumbley: The CAM truly has added a new side to the game for me, it's made the cities last much longer, I can't wait to see what affect it has on Stark and the other cities.

beskhu3epnm: Indeed, those peak surely hold much wonder, and in time the wonder will be given answers.

Shadow Assassin: I'm leaving the towers for the moment, as they are increasing in level at an unbelievable rate, so chance are they are already gone and replaced by something else, but only time will tell.

rooker1 (Robin): I'm very proud of Bedford, it's rapidly becoming much larger than I origionally envisioned, fortunately it will never be as grand as Stark will be.

Bat: Glad you liked it.

Snaper: Again, i'm glad you like the city, I'm sure you will like Stark too when we get there.

Serenity086 (Amanda): You've already seen what I have to come, lol.

RippleJet: Firstly welcome to Invermere Valley. I'm glad you like what you see, the last few updates wouldn't have been possible without the CAM, so thank you very much for that. I hope I can do it justice with the cities I have planned to.

Bengt: Like Ripplejet, let me first welcome you to Invermere Valley. I'm glad you like the city, if you have any advice for me on what might be missing I will gladly listen and quite possible accept it. Without advice from others Bedford would not be where it is now.

Tooheys (Dave): Both Bedford and Stark have taken the CAM very well as im sure will many other areas too. Don't worry about missing a few updates, RL has been raising it's ugly head for me too at the moment and it's getting tight with doing these every now and then.

Wow, that was a lot of replies today, thanks to everyone who commented, I hope you enjoy this one today. So without anymore delay, lets get to it

Update 26 - The Lie Of The (Flat)lands

Today we are going to move to the outskirts of South Bedford, just over the river from the Flatlands.

Firstly next to the river we see the edge the farming community and to a meadow of wild flowers.

The industry has slowly started to invade this area, beginning with the coal power plant, despite numerous patitions, the plant was still built.

It certainly hasn't stopped the famers however, they just carry on around them as if nothing is going on.

A much more spanish looking farm has also recently moved to the area.

Another christmas tree farm has arrived, they are very common due to the huge forests just to the north-east of Bedford.

The industry begins to mount of the southern most edge of Bedford.

It seems to that even the farmers are no longer safe as the massive hi-tech farms are starting to move in.

I hope you all enjoyed today's update, I will return on Monday with the next update, which will continue the farming theme. Until then have a good weekend.

Now a short message about the MLSB. I'm setting up a baseball league that will be tied into mayor diarys. Your baseball stadiums and teams will actually be brought to life in a simulator. If you are interested in joining the first season then click here to read more.

Pat

Stu awsome last 2 updates and very goood man wow.... gotta love them high tech farmers lol

bat

Great update! Fantastic looking rural and industrial area! :thumbsup:

tooheys

Stu, your rural pic's continue to impress :thumbsup:. The walls surrounding the farms, are they available or
part of your secret cache, they do look good.

Just waiting for the pyramid to pop up in the middle of your farm belt  :)

Cheers

Dave